Anyone else concerned with people doing stupid things to test the Cybertruck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Hahaha, no, I just had an honest WTF is wrong with you look. She had been jockeying and swerving lanes to get ahead, and yet my self driver on "chill" setting still passed her repeatedly.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, my Mazda 3 has gotten two BS speed tickets and two BS parking tickets (tho one I should've known). Anything 'racy' that's late-model will get you more cop attention. My two speeding tickets were both they selected me out of a line of trucks going the same speed.

And the other ticket was... parking even tho my parking was paid for? I keep my parking stubs religiously because of that.

Of course, my poor 2013 Mazda 3 has also been in two moving hit and runs, five parking lot hits (three hit and runs), and two road rage incidents (but unscathed from those).

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Well, my Mazda 3 has gotten two BS speed tickets and two BS parking tickets (tho one I should've known). Anything 'racy' that's late-model will get you more cop attention. My two speeding tickets were both they selected me out of a line of trucks going the same speed.

And the other ticket was... parking even tho my parking was paid for? I keep my parking stubs religiously because of that.

Of course, my poor 2013 Mazda 3 has also been in two moving hit and runs, five parking lot hits (three hit and runs), and two road rage incidents (but unscathed from those).

-Crissa
That Mazda seems like is cursed. Had an Oldsmobile Omega that I got for $900. I was doing 80 in 55 with a crooked frame (the car had an unintentional crab walk). I was in la la land when a siren sound woke me up and I realized there is a state police car that has been cruising next to me for a while. He just told me with sign language to slow down and left. He definitely could tell that I had just started driving and could not afford the insurance hike a ticket would bring about ($3600 just for liability and that was 35 years ago). I have driven many none sporty cars and a few sporty vehicle. Big difference in the amount of trouble I got into. Almost lost my license once with a Ninga 1000.

For parking, I had similar experience several times in Toronto area. Got the ticket despite parking legally because I had an American tag and they knew I wouldnā€™t go to court.

So far, I've only had one sort of anti Tesla event, and I'm not even sure it was brand specific. A woman driving like an idiot started screaming at me to hold the wheel
I had a similar non Tesla incident. This woman did a bunch of erratic moves, honking horns, drove next to me on the highway and started giving me the bird while shouting profanities. I usually donā€™t have that much self control and when people get stupid, I end up trying to out stupid them but that day I was in chilling mood and the lady happen to be slightly crossed eyed with a bunch of missing teeth and rooster colored hair and the madder she got, the funnier she looked and the harder I laughed. The harder I laugher, the madder she gotā€¦. To this day I donā€™t know what she was mad about but after that day, I learned that potentially stressful events can be quite entertaining if you look at them that way.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, our poor Smiley is a bit cursed, tho it's been a quiet couple of years finally.

One of the hit and runs was a dog that plowed through the rear bumper. The dog was fine, the bumper cost a thousand bucks just to paint it. (insurance paid for it).

-Crissa

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
I am sure there will be an aftermarket micro drone swarm that will fly out of the vault whenever the CT is assaulted and swarm around the idiot taking photos and spraying a dye/odorant/irritant plus a few dozen micro-trackers.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
What I mean by the title is that I'm concerned that when I get my CT and I run to the store I'll come out of the store to find bullet marks on my truck. I know its going to happen to someone's CT somewhere. With comments by Elon about its bullet proof and armored glass some "idiots" are going to see a CT in a parking lot and take some shots at the truck just to see if its true. I really think this scenario is going to pan out for owners of the CT. I'm hoping it doesn't, but concerned that it will. What do you guys think?
Youā€˜ve never owned anything cooler than you!

Its hard to fathom, scary at first but youā€™ll get used to it. The looks you get. The rubbernecking like you must have beer cans tied to the back and donā€™t know it - that look.

Youā€™ll be afraid everytime some dude rolls up ever so slowly along side you; a little too close for comfort. Your first thumbs-up you get will shock you in horror first not recognizing the gesture as friendly, then doubting your self confidence it wasnā€™t gangbanger sign. After a couple of these encounters, youā€™ll understand.

People love cool. They admire cool. They want close to cool. Some want to take a picture with cool. The attention is uncomfortable. Until you get comfortable meeting cool people attracted to cool. New to cool never stops. The newbies just keep coming to cool.

Hardest part of cool is disappointing some cool people when you, you donā€™t have time to be cool. I learned a lot about cool, cool people and more than ever how un-cool is not cool at all.

My XKE taught how a cool car owner should be ready to take the first serious money offer someone cooler than I needs a Jag. My 302 Z28 race car proved winning is so cool its not even fun. 64 Corvette was cool, everyone thought so, until it roared scarying the shit out of everyone - not cool. 67 BMW 1600 tiā€¦ that was cool - I was cool treating it cool. Ad infinitum

Relax. Be cool. Everybody this Cybertruck is cool. Treat it cool. Itā€˜s cool you got one of the first really cool cars built since the Corvette, Jeep and Batmobile. ā€˜Cuz everyone but you thought that cool had passed their generation by. Whatā€™s so cool is that for the first time GenX, millennials and GenZ have a cool car their parents never. Cybertruck is theirs, even if its just cool to look at, admire and experience its their cool car.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Yes, our poor Smiley is a bit cursed, tho it's been a quiet couple of years finally.

One of the hit and runs was a dog that plowed through the rear bumper. The dog was fine, the bumper cost a thousand bucks just to paint it. (insurance paid for it).

-Crissa
No deductible?

Spouse car got hit and the person ran. I asked if the uninsured motorist covers since they ran. Nope, if the driver stopped it would. Since they ran, it was a hit and run and they do not k ow if they have insurance plus it is written up as vandalism.

? Not happy with the insurance in needing to pay the deductible.

I hope you or the dogā€™s owner withheld treats for at least 4 hours!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Geez, our uninsured motorist covered the hit and runs. That's the whole point of comprehensive. We have Progressive 'Drive'.

I have never been more glad to have it, tho, than this car.

-Crissa

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I wonder if this is still available. Imagine him coming out of a CT.

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hell, someone shot at me while I was driving my Jetta TDI. That car was definitely not bullet proof! Missed my body by 18" or less.

I had someone kick their door into my BMW a year ago. Probably because I parked far away from everyone else in the parking lot. Left a 12" crease in my door. Senseless.

Stupid people are a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately you never know when one of them will present themselves.

At least the CT will have Sentry Mode.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Cybertruck, 1988 F150, 2006 Sequoia, 1962 Scout
Country flag
Iā€™ll be testing it myself on the RTI ramp. This time maybe Iā€™ll just stay in the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.