Change reservation order from dual motor to tri motor?

Nipomo

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GMC Going for Tri-Motor
Occupation
Retired Financial Manager
Country flag
Can you change your order from dual motor to tri moror?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nipomo

Nipomo

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GMC Going for Tri-Motor
Occupation
Retired Financial Manager
Country flag
Yes, log in to your account, go to orders, select the manage button, then click edit design
Thank you!!! I was able to update to the Tri-Motor with self-driving.

Jackcybertruck

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RAM POWERWAGON
Country flag
I ordered my Dual motor 30 minutes after it was revealed in November, I want to switch it to Tri-Motor but I am skeptical since it might out me all the way back in the queue. does it change my place in the order?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I keep telling people to not change the order but to place a new one. I don’t know how picky Tesla will be when the time comes to order but I did speak to a Tesla rep that indicated they could see all my order details including when I modified it.

nolie

First Name
Nowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
I keep telling people to not change the order but to place a new one. I don’t know how picky Tesla will be when the time comes to order but I did speak to a Tesla rep that indicated they could see all my order details including when I modified it.
I wish I had done this. I put down $100 on Cybertruck launch day and this past week I changed the option from 2-motor to 3-motor and noticed that the self-driving option went up to $10k. I chatted with Tesla to see if I could roll back my change to the original $7k as it wasn't worth it to lose $3k over this option but they weren't helpful. They told me to call the dealer which I did but nobody called me back. It's been horrible dealing with Tesla and I have the feeling I'm going to be screwed.
'
Oh and also, the option showed as $10k before I made any changes. Had I seen clearly that it was going up by $3k, I wouldn't have done it.

I hope Tesla won't screw me but it's looking an awful lot like a $3k mistake just from clicking one mouse button.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It's been horrible dealing with Tesla and I have the feeling I'm going to be screwed.
They do not have the configurator open for modifications. The poor sales people don't have any Cybertruck tools or information we don't. Just keep your original receipt and when the tools open up it will be possible to fix it.

Yes, they could take that $3k, but it would be out of inattention, not intent. Tesla doesn't need that trouble or the padding on their bottom line.

-Crissa

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I wish I had done this. I put down $100 on Cybertruck launch day and this past week I changed the option from 2-motor to 3-motor and noticed that the self-driving option went up to $10k. I chatted with Tesla to see if I could roll back my change to the original $7k as it wasn't worth it to lose $3k over this option but they weren't helpful. They told me to call the dealer which I did but nobody called me back. It's been horrible dealing with Tesla and I have the feeling I'm going to be screwed.
You don't need to change your configuration now anyway. Tesla will most likely, as they did in the past, call you to see if you want to upgrade when it is near your time to have the CT manufactured. So please people, stop shooting yourselves in the foot and chill. No need to create problems that may need fixing later by waiting patiently for them to make that call.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
They do not have the configurator open for modifications. The poor sales people don't have any Cybertruck tools or information we don't. Just keep your original receipt and when the tools open up it will be possible to fix it.

Yes, they could take that $3k, but it would be out of inattention, not intent. Tesla doesn't need that trouble or the padding on their bottom line.

-Crissa
@Crissa , So I was one of the early on reservationist for the $7K FSD option. I looked at my email they sent me after I preordered the CT and it doesn't show what I paid for FSD. Even the attached agreement doesn't show the price. Now if I login into my Tesla Account online is shows that FSD is $10K.... So, how do I prove (when the time comes) that I only should pay $7K not $10K. I just feel I might get screwed.

Thanks,
Ernie

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
@Crissa , So I was one of the early on reservationist for the $7K FSD option. I looked at my email they sent me after I preordered the CT and...
It doesn't matter. Only the date matters. And the reservation number. They wouldn't have charged you the price out of temporal sync with linear time.

-Crissa

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
It doesn't matter. Only the date matters. And the reservation number. They wouldn't have charged you the price out of temporal sync with linear time.

-Crissa

Good to know. I appreciate the response.

richardlpaul

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m considering switching to tri motor. But I’m way down the in the line, so I have a while before I need to make that decision!

coinMLS

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 LC500, 2022 RX450h, 2003 Avalanche Z71
Country flag
So I went to look at my order as I also want to upgrade from single to dual or tri now that I can afford it, and it looks like the option to change order is gone!

But that is nice to know that they will call and give us a chance to change.
Sponsored