Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
The rear camera on CT prototype isn't on the tailgate. There is one on either side of license plate so they should still be of some use even with tailgate down.
And the center support post of the bicycle rack should be between these cameras... now it is possible that the wheels, pedals or other bits might block the cameras.
Sponsored

joytre

First Name
Joy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Occupation
Editor
Country flag
hey guys you seems to be pretty good at bike racks, does anyone here use or know one from this list. I'm stuck in choosing the one with a perfect match of a quality and price.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That list sucks. It's also all over the place in terms of features. Not worth wasting a click on.

What kind of bike do you have and how many are you hauling?

(Being generous and assuming that the person who posts a link on their first post isn't spamming)...

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
hey guys you seems to be pretty good at bike racks, does anyone here use or know one from this list. I'm stuck in choosing the one with a perfect match of a quality and price.
My guess is you are a spammer? If no reply, it's confirmed.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Maybe they are? If so, the article is fairly legit, those are some vastly different takes on truck racks and what I would consider some of the best of each kind. Even if it's a click trap, it wasn't as mangled as the average one.

-Crissa

la10slgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan
Country flag
Finally! something I have some knowledge about and can contribute to!!! (obviously my first post since joining two months ago...)

Moving on... Since nobody has mentioned it here, 1up makes some of the best racks available. Spendy? Most definitely but they are all aluminum (very similar to another product we all seem to be interested in), lock in snug to the hitch mount, and ONLY make contact with the tires.

FWIW, I have no association with 1up whatsoever, just really like their product...

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Moving on... Since nobody has mentioned it here, 1up makes some of the best racks available. Spendy? Most definitely but they are all aluminum (very similar to another product we all seem to be interested in), lock in snug to the hitch mount, and ONLY make contact with the tires.

FWIW, I have no association with 1up whatsoever, just really like their product...
Fully endorse 1Up as well. In fact you can see one on my profile, never removed from my Model Y.

The racks in the article linked above are for mounting the bike in the truck bed though. Lots of them grab the frame which is terrible for the bike.

la10slgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan
Country flag
Fully endorse 1Up as well. In fact you can see one on my profile, never removed from my Model Y.

The racks in the article linked above are for mounting the bike in the truck bed though. Lots of them grab the frame which is terrible for the bike.
I did flip through that list but it was all over the place so figured why not add my two cents.. I also have a rocky mounts "thru axle" mounted to the bed rail of my Titan and would highly recommend that as well if we are sticking to bed options

agreed on the arms holding bikes by the frame, that was the deciding factor in getting the 1up.. Well that, and they don't flail all around back there whilst driving...

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
=-)
Country flag
Another endorsement for 1up racks. I’ve owned a lot over the years and the 1up’s are by far the best I’ve ever owned and used.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Installing a bike rack is a straightforward process, which even beginners can quickly master. So, how do you install a bike rack on your SUV? You can install your bike rack depending on each style. If you install a bike rack on an SUV’s roof, you will have additional cargo space and an unobstructed rear view. For roof-mounted bike rack installation, you should measure the width and length of your crossbars to identify which bike rack fits on your SUV. Assemble the rack on the ground. Once done, position it on your crossbars to determine its place. Slide the rack through your crossbars and place a fitted rubber pad back in. After that, push the rack’s latch down to lock it in place. Lift the adjustable bar and mount your bike onto it. Tie the straps around the wheels and rack’s frame to secure the bike,…
More spam...
Sponsored