Why the vault is too claustrophobic for sleeping and a tiny topper will make all the difference

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
Why the vault is too claustrophobic for sleeping and a tiny topper will make all the difference

Tesla Cybertruck Why the vault is too claustrophobic for sleeping and a tiny topper will make all the difference CT short curve 6'11%22Space compariso
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

CT short curve 6'11%22Space comparison.png
This is just one of the reasons why I want the mid-gate. Have the rear seats fold flat, and put in an air mattress. Sleep with your head on top of the rear seats, looking up through glass roof. No more claustrophobia and you have a climate controlled environment.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I had some of my close friends involved with the CT whip something up for us all to enjoy.

Tesla Cybertruck Why the vault is too claustrophobic for sleeping and a tiny topper will make all the difference 1574405905236565

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This is just one of the reasons why I want the mid-gate. Have the rear seats fold flat, and put in an air mattress. Sleep with your head on top of the rear seats, looking up through glass roof. No more claustrophobia and you have a climate controlled environment.
Everyone said it won’t happen but with CT being late in the game after Rivian and possibly Lightning, it needs to start with a bang and this is just the bang it needs.

Is it just me, this looks like a DUDE in a coffin!
That is CT’s Kidnap mode.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Everyone said it won’t happen but with CT being late in the game after Rivian and possibly Lightning, it needs to start with a bang and this is just the bang it needs.

That is CT’s Kidnap mode.
Rivian may have been first to market but with its very low production rate its hardly a game changer.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

CT short curve 6'11%22Space comparison.png
I'd say it depends on your ease in confined spaces - I've slept in the back of my old hatchback 1980 Turbo Mustang and it had less room than the CT.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'd say it depends on your ease in confined spaces - I've slept in the back of my old hatchback 1980 Turbo Mustang and it had less room than the CT.
The Cybertruck will only have a small window that doesn’t go outside. Also, getting out would require digging out your phone and using the Tesla app to open the vault remotely. Or you could crawl out the tailgate I suppose.

I’d much prefer sleeping in the cab if that were an option. Lots of windows, moonlight, stars out the window, doors with handles and easy ways to get out of the truck if you need to pee.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Is it just me, this looks like a DUDE in a coffin!
Only if you keep the propane heater in the vault with you or let the truck run out of battery with the vault closed and you inside
Sponsored