Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
cybertruck image3.jpg
So the aesthetics - body proportions - seem almost uncomfortable to my eyes. The rear 'axle' seem pulled too far back, and the angled flat line from the peak of the top of the cab is just too long to my eyes. then I did this (I just can't unsee this now):
cybertruck image1.jpg

It looks like the ass end of the truck is shorter, yet the fender to the rear door is longer.

...must be an illusion
Agree there is more bed forward of the wheel. The doors look shorter more like a pickup truck doors. I don't think the bed is shorter though just that the roof peak is forward and the roof is longer.
Sponsored

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
A couple quick thoughts.

• Front end is definitely a bit shorter. That wasn’t just an optical illusion.
  • Big ass wiper on the driver side.
  • Door handle gone
  • Curved front window looks hot.
  • Is it just me or is the top of the cabin smaller?
The running boards look to me like they are identical to the ones I put on my Raptor, Amp Pro XL units. They have a silver logo sticker on the front that resembles the bright patch seen in the drone data. Could be here they're just trying out some things, to see how they look, act, and work. Here's a pic of the running boards I'm talking about.

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] IMAGE 2021-12-10 20:26:58

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Typically, you steady the fridge against the forward wall of the bed for weight distribution and it's a good place to tie it so it doesn't move. Hard to do that with a tonneau cover in the way on my truck, for instance. Same will happen if the CT doesn't have a clear front wall.
I got free delivery our new fridge last year, and paid an extra $25 to have the old one hauled off. Worth every penny. Not an issue. Next!

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
The running boards look to me like they are identical to the ones I put on my Raptor, Amp Pro XL units. They have a silver logo sticker on the front that resembles the bright patch seen in the drone data. Could be here they're just trying out some things, to see how they look, act, and work. Here's a pic of the running boards I'm talking about.

IMAGE 2021-12-10 20:26:58.jpg
Except that they seem to flare out to meet the fender flares.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
maybe the tonneau cover doesn't exist on this preproduction model.. cause why install every feature on every preproduction test model? This one could just be to test stuff like quad motor variable torque control wheels? who knows.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Because we're running wild with speculation...

There are a series of possible widths. The widest ever mentioned was 84 inches and the narrowest was 80.

I took the most "even" overhead shot of the cyber truck and scaled it so that 1 pixel would be equivalent to 1 inch.

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] overhead-1

If this cybertruck image is:

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] Withbed

80 pixels wide makes it 211 pixels long.
81 pixels wide makes it 213 pixels long
82 pixels wide makes it 216 pixels long
83 pixels wide makes it 219 pixels long
84 pixels wide makes it 221 pixels long

The bed is 60 pixels x 66 pixels when the width is 83 pixels wide

So, from what I can guess this is definitely a 5 1/2 foot bed, and the CT will be no more than 220 inches long.

Change my mind.

Let me take it one step further... What if the bed can be pulled out like a dresser drawer allowing it to also be 1-2 feet longer? Did someone mention the Canoo truck earlier?

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] cannoo

And let's not forget that the bed should have a slide out built in anyway for the ramp.
No doubt the bed extends and retracts which saves weight and makes it a better off-roader. Yeah... The more I think about it-This is going to be a nice truck with a lot of clever tricks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I like the look of flat windshield more than curved windshield. Any advantage of curved windshield?
Likely quite a bit stronger. Curved shapes generally are.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I got free delivery our new fridge last year, and paid an extra $25 to have the old one hauled off. Worth every penny. Not an issue. Next!
I paid $250 for mine and picked it up myself. Though once our kitchen is done I’ll likely get a new one delivered.

I tend to do a lot of hauling in my trucks/ vans one way or the other.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
…A door without handles at all is just unrealistic. At least they need to add an option for us to help open it.
My current car doesn’t have door handles on the rear two doors, but Ford put a bit of a handle on the front doors for some reason.

Some of my passengers are confused at first because they can’t find a handle, but after I tell them to look for the tiny button near the window, they tap it… and the door opens a few inches. The inside of the door has a rubber area that’s perfect for gripping and opening the rest of the way.

Elon Musk claims the truck “recognizes you”, which would definitely be a problem with a snow covered window, but even if the window is clear, they still need some sort of button, like my Ford because you can’t expect the door to open just because you’re standing next to it.

Another factor is that the button needs to be physical, like my Ford, or weather and gloves can be another problem.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I took the most "even" overhead shot of the cyber truck and scaled it so that 1 pixel would be equivalent to 1 inch.

overhead-1.jpg
There is a lot of space under that lip.

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639192407633

You can see here, they can almost fit a body bag in the area underneath the lip. It’s a pretty big section. The bag is likely 2 feet wide and about a third of it is obscured underneath.

My thinking is each of the 2 front sections of the bed are 2 foot and the back section with the under vault storage is 30 inches. If you look at the floor section above the tires it looks to be about 2 foot and the rear one is longer.

In this blurrier photo you can see exactly how big that bag is, there is a heck of a lot tucked under that lip section.
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639192746550

One final shot, this one with the body bag nearly obscurred.

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639192835210

The entire wheel well… likely 36” by itself, and everything behind it is behind the body bog here.

I think it’s likely 60-66 inches of lip free vault, then another 12 - 18 inches underneath that lip area. We already know the very front 6-12 inches of the vault is cheater space where the front wall slopes backwards into the vault area.

If you have cargo that will tuck under that lip, it works, maybe a motorcycle tire will tuck in there?

One other weird thing is on a older style truck, the cab is much higher relative to the vault. Much more of your bike will be sticking up in the wind than with an F-150.
Sponsored