Thundertruck: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Concept to watered down… don’t know what they will end up. The concept does appear to have listened to some of Elon Musk’s tweets and added into the concept.

It is amusing Tesla must deliver their concept and we become angry at the slightest chance,

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
From article

”Thundertruck will feature a dual motor drivetrain that makes 800 hp with 800 ft-lbs of torque. The setup would propel the truck from zero to 60 mph in just 3.5 seconds, despite its hefty 6,120 pounds. The EV will also have a towing capacity of 7,500 pounds and a cargo bed with up to six feet of space. That kind of payload has the potential to drain power and range. Nevertheless, Wolfgang claims the truck will be able to travel 400 miles on a single charge, a figure that would immediately place it among the market leaders. If true, of course.”

Hmmm…

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
While this looks all fancy, tuffish, and featurful, it also looks very expensive, easily broken, and inefficient.

In my younger years this would have been a fantasy truck. But now that CT is coming, I really don’t see this Thundertruck as something I’d want to own. Just not competitive.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It reminds me of all the electronic equipment hanging off futuristic appliances in the old days.

With the advancement of battery storage, more advanced solar collectors(i.e. Paint, glass), we may find this design redundant and ridiculous before its time.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I heard they're backed by Leprechaun Motors and will begin production at their factory located in Atlantis. Deliveries are expected to start in Q5 of two thousand-never.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag