Would you convert your tri motor res for a quad?

Will you upgrade to the quad Plaid with the assumptions given:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’d be willing to pay extra if it comes with free Supercharging for the first three years.
This isn’t really worth a whole lot. In my first year of ownership I think we’ve spent $200 on Supercharger stops. Maybe less.

If you do a lot of road trips it’s probably more.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sure sounds like Ford isn't allowing their dealers to gouge on the Lightning if it's not going to give the gougers trucks.

-Crissa

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Cite?

-Crissa
https://news.yahoo.com/ford-threatens-dealers-wont-send-171821933.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Exactly like I said. Ford is warning dealers not to upsell(auction to highest bidder their first arrivals) RESERVATIONS, they are not warning them about price gouging on vehicles. Too bad price gouging is legal on “luxury” items even though the government is telling everyone how important it is that they embrace these luxury items and even offering incentives to buy them but still allowiping gouging to be legal.

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
Eh. I think you are going sideways here.

If you pre-ordered a car, you got what you ordered. There might have been the option to upgrade, but eventually they filled all the tiers out.

They didn’t say “All configurations would be $35k”, it was clear from the start that LR AWD was going to be more expensive.
Read this article from back in 2018. the performance model initially cost $70k and it was slashed down to 64k.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rmance-car-throws-perks-buyers-paid-more.html

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
I’m not entirely sure what you are arguing at this point.

The only bit which I disagreed with you on was the idea that people who made pre-orders at a specific price weren’t able to get that price. Does this relate to that at all?
at unveiling the performance model was not unveiled at $70k. idk the exact number but wasnt 70k. so people who preordered the performance model did not pay unveiling price for the performance model. are you following me now.

this is what we can expect for the cybertruck. example tri motor reservations. we can all expect to pay more than the 69,900 from unveiling fair to say

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
at unveiling the performance model was not unveiled at $70k. idk the exact number but wasnt 70k. so people who preordered the performance model did not pay unveiling price for the performance model. are you following me now.

this is what we can expect for the cybertruck. example tri motor reservations. we can all expect to pay more than the 69,900 from unveiling fair to say
I gotcha.

But I’m not sure that is true either and I’m too busy to dig for a link right now (as you are apparently).

jcryer3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Ram Promaster
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Depending on the cost of the upgrade, I definitely would. The top of the line Cybertruck will have the most options included. Tesla will want it to be the king of the fleet.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The performance model didn't have a price at launch.

-Crissa
Incidentally, the Model 3 Performance is almost universally loved by it’s owners. It’s kind of the pocket rocket of the Tesla product offerings. Drives curves like the Mazda Miata, pulls in the straights like a dragster.
Sponsored