Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would definitely be down for that, my spares get used and its usually where road side service wont go.
Not sure about space, but it would be a decent place to put it. Particularly if they could make a sort of pull out/ fold down setup where it’s low to the ground so easy to load and and you don’t have to lift it out.
Sponsored

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Not sure about space, but it would be a decent place to put it. Particularly if they could make a sort of pull out/ fold down setup where it’s low to the ground so easy to load and and you don’t have to lift it out.
Pretty sure there wont be room, the spare will probably get thrown into the back to bounce around

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Oh, wow! Well, I guess more like a roll-top.

I figure if the tonneau is closed, I don't care if the midgate is closed, too, you know?

-Crissa
I actually thought you were suggesting no tailgate, just tonneau down to the bed, that would make it a tambour desk! LOL

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Have the TeslaBot change your tire. You just sit in the truck watching Netflix.

Come to think of it… maybe the frunk should be where the Teslabot is kept. They didn’t talk much about how limber the Teslabot should be, but there should definitely be an Optimus Frunk version.

Then when I’m out in the woods cutting firewood I just push a button and Optimus Frunk loads all the wood I cut into the vault.
Tire changing would be a great test of AI intelligence. We humans, if we are weak, use gravity to assist with the lug nuts. I think AI is 100 years away from that kind of adaptive thinking.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tire changing would be a great test of AI intelligence. We humans, if we are weak, use gravity to assist with the lug nuts. I think AI is 100 years away from that kind of adaptive thinking.
When people tell me “A computer beat the best human at Go!” Suggesting how much smarter they are than we are… I ask them “But can you teach it to catch a baseball?”

“Machine Learning” is spectacular at doing one thing really really well. But they are like the perfect idiot savant. There might be another robot that can catch a baseball, but the one that plays Go won’t ever do that. You might bodge together a bunch of robots, but we still haven‘t made one that can do learn a dozen arbitrary tasks by watching someone else do it.

All that said… a impact tool isn’t that much bulkier than a tire iron and the truck has a compressor ;)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
True for the last 5 billion years. ....... On Earth

It's rarely the single invention which changes everything, but the convergence of various breakthroughs, into something that was never envisioned.

These breakthroughs are converging...computing, battery tech, graphics cards, AI, Machine learning, big data.

IMO a reasonable chance we won't have general AI for a long long long time..

BUT, like the touring test, we could have a million Narrow Intelligence systems working in unison, which to us, is indistinguishable from General.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
True for the last 5 billion years. ....... On Earth

It's rarely the single invention which changes everything, but the convergence of various breakthroughs, into something that was never envisioned.

These breakthroughs are converging...computing, battery tech, graphics cards, AI, Machine learning, big data.

IMO a reasonable chance we won't have general AI for a long long long time..

BUT, like the touring test, we could have a million Narrow Intelligence systems working in unison, which to us, is indistinguishable from General.
It is possible that some AI systems are already conscious.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/futurism.com/openai-already-sentient/amp
The speed of conscious evolution will be breathtaking when it occurs. Literally we are moments away while simultaneously being decades away.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I think you hit the eject button and it launches 50 feet forward onto the roof of the car in front. Then Optimus Frunk reaches in and turns the wheel so they have to pull over.

That was the plan anyhow. When they realized opening the frunk to pop him out would block the drivers view and rip the hood off the truck they abandoned it.
Sound like you need a Trunk Monkey more than a Tesla Robot.

Last edited:

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag

The Chevy Avalanche had a mid-gate, but the rear glass had to be manually detached and stowed.
Looks complicated, that or he didn't know how to open it. Strange coming from a dealership, you'd they'd rehearse before filming.

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
Sound like you need a Trunk Monkey more than a Tesla Robot.

Can I have a FRUNK Monkey? Frunk Teslabot just doesn't have the right ring to it

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The best door is no door?

I'd take a truck with no back wall, no mid-gate and a tonneau instead...

-Crissa
Without a tailgate for the pickup truck, my dogs would fall off of the bed.
Sponsored