alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Sure. This is all a bit of guesswork. First year of production I likely around 100k based on past launches.

Its possible they deliver too many to your city and jump you up in line a bit too.

Most of the 0-100k orders will likely have the option to buy in the first year.

A few people in the 100k-150k range have a small chance of getting theirs in the first year of production.

If ramp goes faster might be better than that.
The early production could be high because the CT was designed around an efficient assembly line more than was the case with other models (so I've heard). Or low because of component shortages and unexpected glitches with such a unique model. And because the CT will be competing with two other Tesla models for assembly priority.

As for how many get delivered where, surely it would be in Tesla's interest to spread the first ones widely and therefore thinly.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yeah
The early production could be high because the CT was designed around an efficient assembly line more than was the case with other models (so I've heard). Or low because of component shortages and unexpected glitches with such a unique model. And because the CT will be competing with two other Tesla models for assembly priority.

As for how many get delivered where, surely it would be in Tesla's interest to spread the first ones widely and therefore thinly.
Yeah much of this we won’t know until a few months into production.

I think Tesla is motivated to get these out fast.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
That should be international “Pick Up My Cybertruck” day. Anyone who has a reservation should be able to pick up their truck on the day of the eclipse. But they have to pick it up at the factory.

It would be a giant insane festival. Alas…
“dude wheres my truck?” as people rush through throngs of identical stainless steel soapbox derby trucks

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Yeah

Yeah much of this we won’t know until a few months into production.

I think Tesla is motivated to get these out fast.
At this pace, we're going to have nuclear diamond batteries (look it up) in this thing by the time they're delivered. They're going to be so much better, they're going to call them "betteries".

Last edited:

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
At this pace, we're going to have nuclear diamond batteries in this thing by the time they're delivered. They're going to be so much better, they're going to call them "betteries".
is 'betteries' how 'batteries' sounds with a South African accent?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I thought EM was Iron Man not Batman? Don't they know that Marvel and DC don't mix?

I watched the latest Picard episode last weekend and I was shocked that they used a Tesla to run over Picard and nearly kill him in the episode. And it even had Doctor Soong (Data's maker) driving a MX! Haven't they got FSD in 2024?

That's some nasty batpoop. I thought baddies drove Mercs? Interestingly, according to Startrek as well, there are no Cybertrucks in 2024 either...

Looks like I'm going to have to boycott the show now.... shocked I tell you! ;-P
Sponsored