CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Average person makes about $180k and people financing it paying around $1,350 a month............. that is rent in some parts of the country, or a mortgage in others.
Do you mean the average salary in the video? Because the national average salary in the US in Q4 of 2023 was $59,384.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Do you mean the average salary in the video? Because the national average salary in the US in Q4 of 2023 was $59,384.
Yea, average person in the video making almost $200k a year.
National avg nowhere close to that!

QuantMech

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Average person makes about $180k and people financing it paying around $1,350 a month............. that is rent in some parts of the country, or a mortgage in others.
To get a house note at $1350 per month would be rare today unless you are buying a fixer upper or putting a healthy percentage down or…and you probably don’t live in most parts of CA or NY or most parts Northeast…trying to say the areas where homes are considerably more expensive than other more moderately priced areas. Not knocking what you are saying assuming what you are getting at is the vehicle is not priced for the average income earner ($75,000 per year, rough estimate) as $180,000 is more than double what most people make in this country (or most countries). I think if Tesla wants to make this vehicle more available to the masses they will need to get the price much closer to the $40,000 range but i think we are still a few years away from seeing if the market can withstand that type of pricing and wether or not the materials the vehicle is made from can get to that price point as a lot has changed in materials cost since the unveiling of the vehicle.

DRKTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2024 Cybertruck-ordered
Country flag
I’m still waiting for my VIN, but if I got it today would pay 2 Bitcoin (so “cash”). but as long as Bitcoin keeps pumping it’ll probably be only 1 Bitcoin by the time I get notified.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
To get a house note at $1350 per month would be rare today unless you are buying a fixer upper or putting a healthy percentage down or…and you probably don’t live in most parts of CA or NY or most parts Northeast…trying to say the areas where homes are considerably more expensive than other more moderately priced areas. Not knocking what you are saying assuming what you are getting at is the vehicle is not priced for the average income earner ($75,000 per year, rough estimate) as $180,000 is more than double what most people make in this country (or most countries). I think if Tesla wants to make this vehicle more available to the masses they will need to get the price much closer to the $40,000 range but i think we are still a few years away from seeing if the market can withstand that type of pricing and wether or not the materials the vehicle is made from can get to that price point as a lot has changed in materials cost since the unveiling of the vehicle.
Very true, granted rent is typically cheaper than a mortgage and plenty of places in the US you can rent for $1,000ish, not fancy accommodations but it can be done.
To get the truck into the hand of average Americans I think you are correct that it needs to be way closer to 40k than 120k, hopefully Tesla will get it there especially after cutting the range, tailgate, midgate, and a bunch of other features hopefully the price will drop soon.

zimage7713.png

QuantMech

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
What does getting totaled have to do with paying cash?
May be in reference to a partial or full loss if not insured or underinsured but i think that many of those purchasing can probably absorb that type of loss and those that have potentially made this a risky investment and things go awry it could be a tough haul to recover.

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm retired and don't have a big income. But, I don't owe anyone or any bank. I live on SS, my savings and my properties. I won't need my Model 3 so I'll sell it once my turn to order comes.
However, I'm almost 80 y o but my order was made mid-2021. I don't know which comes first, my CT or my inability to drive due to old age. 😆 🤣 😂 😹

DRKTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2024 Cybertruck-ordered
Country flag
I'm retired and don't have a big income. But, I don't owe anyone or any bank. I live on SS, my savings and my properties. I won't need my Model 3 so I'll sell it once my turn to order comes.
However, I'm almost 80 y o but my order was made mid-2021. I don't know which comes first, my CT or my inability to drive due to old age. 😆 🤣 😂 😹
As long as you have FSD, that shouldn’t be a problem!

firstblackman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, 3, X, Y, i3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Was making around 420K last year but I'm down to 350K in 2024.
Trying to change that
The CyberTruck will be a write off for sure.

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Was making around 420K last year but I'm down to 350K in 2024.
Trying to change that
The CyberTruck will be a write off for sure.
You guys make a lot of money that makes me blush when compared to mine when I was still working 20 years ago. But, I want to have this CT before I go if I'm lucky.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm a Chief Information Officer at a large global company. Could pay cash but it freaks me out a bit - im planning on doing 75% cash and 25% loan on the beast and then pay off in a few months - what I did with my other cars....or maybe I'll pay all cash - we'll see.

dcrdanielr

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Don’t work. Trust fund kid. Didn’t do my yearly bro trip to pay for the truck instead.

JoeRod97

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS.Impala.BMW335i.HD Road King.Fatboy
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
Retired and paid cash for FS Cyberbeast.
Retired..using my UPS stock to pay cash..lifes too short to deny myself some fun..saving for my kids? Hell no they make 5x the money i evermade.plus when i go they get my house and savings and my 7 vehicles..8 if you count the Cybertruk..if i ever get it!!
Sponsored