1.4 MILLION Reservations for the Cybertruck, and Counting!!!

T - Roy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 2-Motor
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Nice! Thank You!!
Sponsored

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
Well, it's using a similar powertrain, but the Cybertruck Is just a bigger vehicle.

We have not heard of any performance models at all, but that's not unusual. The Model 3 track modes and software upgrades didn't come until later. The Performance wasn't completely detailed before 2018 either.

-Crissa
Elons hinted at the plaid
The Tri-motor powertrain is the Plaid. There is no difference. Elon called it the plaid cybertruck. It's just their name for it.
Apparently the plaid cybertruck is more than just the tri-motor but what more means is unknown.
https://insideevs.com/news/409196/tesla-cybertruck-plaid-explained/

LKP

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model Y, Ford Fusion plug-in hybrid
Occupation
Retired manager
Country flag
I just ordered a second CT a couple of weeks ago, then checked my queue, it's a million and a half.
How can I check my number? I ordered on January 2nd.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
How can I check my number? I ordered on January 2nd.
Okay, so get your reservation number, and subtract this number from it:
That's how many vehicles have been reserved from Telsa, all models. So subtract like a third more, that'll give you a rough idea where you stand. (If you ordered Jan 2nd of 2021, you'll probably be around a million to 1.2 million. That could be a minute.

Warhawk123162

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350 Tesla 3
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
429101 in line according to reservation count hope it means something.
Tesla Cybertruck 1.4 MILLION Reservations for the Cybertruck, and Counting!!! 352DFA4E-27F8-4B7F-9869-9A6A42572F54

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
Recent updates showed that the Cybertruck Pre-orders have reached almost an astonishing One Million and a half. That means that if Tesla increases its EV production by 100%, reaching 1 Million vehicles per year, it shall still divide production into 4 SEXY models + Semi, and finally the Cybertruck. So, being generous and assuming Tesla produces a quarter million CTs per year...It would take 6 years for the "Nubies" Cybertrukkers to get served. High five for us early birders, who were in love at first sight with this beautiful real life Toy-Robo-truck.
You’re not factoring in order attrition, probably 40-60 percent of orders will cancel. Also, trimodels will likely be produced first so your reservation number is not the only driver of delivery timeline.

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
70,000?!? Wow...you must ordered within minutes from the Live announcement of the CT...I ordered less than 24 hours from the Elon's live presentation announcement and my spot in line is located a bit below a quarter million orders. You could auction your spot for profit, but I wouldn't recommend.
Tesla will not allow you to sell your spot.

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
Okay, so get your reservation number, and subtract this number from it:
That's how many vehicles have been reserved from Telsa, all models. So subtract like a third more, that'll give you a rough idea where you stand. (If you ordered Jan 2nd of 2021, you'll probably be around a million to 1.2 million. That could be a minute.
This doesn’t work, I get 2.5 million after the subtraction…

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m pretty sure the RN number is no longer useful as a position in line indicator.

It reliably tells you whether you are further ahead than someone else, but it seems the number indicates all Tesla orders (maybe even orders for things like floor mats). In the first few days after the announcement, the Cybertruck orders dominated the queue, so maybe 99 out of 100 orders were for the truck. As time went on, other order types dominate so its likely only 1 out of 10 or even fewer RN numbers are for new truck orders.

Nobody seems to have a good handle on how this really works. Tesla certainly hasn’t said they have 2 million Cybertruck orders. Or even a million. Any number you hear past the 500,000 number Musk announced a while ago is suspect. We know it’s higher than that, but how much higher is really unclear.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Over 75% of Model 3 reservations stuck through the three-year wait.
The Cybertruck is such an odd duck it’s hard to guess how many people will hang on until the end. The Model 3 didn’t have the introduction of so many interesting competing products during it’s launch.

This is doubly true if some folks do end up waiting 4+ years.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
This is doubly true if some folks do end up waiting 4+ years.
According to the site I am number 350,917 in line and my estimated delivery date is 5/26/2023.
That's close to a two year wait. That will allow me to accrue about 20K for my down payment.
I can hang even if my little Nissan van craps out (just turned 100,000 miles). I'll buy a beater if I have to rather than taking on another vehicle payment.
I will be 69 years old if I live to pick it up and there is nothing out there I would buy in place of the CT.
Sponsored