Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi All. I realize so many are fretting over fingerprints, range, and build quality. I am here to make you feel better. I realize that you'll have lots of questions but I am very busy these days so I won't be able to check this thread all that often.

1. I have owned Tesla's since 2012 and have taken delivery on several as my whole family has them. Sometimes there's a few quality issues but my last Model Y in 2022 was flawless. And again, this Cybertruck delivered January 29, 2024 is absolutely flawless. There is not a single defect!

2. Fingerprints. Jeez, all the worries those youtubers can drum up. I guess they love drama! Windex and a microfiber towel wipes them off easily. Even after they have set a few days. Spray, wipe, gone!

3. Driving is like a dream. I am a truck owner and have owned all the Japanese and USA trucks at some time or another. This Cybertruck drives like a dream compared to any of those.

4. Range. Now you'll be able to sleep at night. I know I lost sleep over the range worries. But wow, Cybertruck is doing well for me. There are no Aerocaps, all terrain tires, temps 45 to 60 degrees. 80% fwy at 60 to 65 MPH. 20% around town. 1000/338 x 123= 363.9 miles. That's like too good to be true!!! This is only a 243 miles of driving sample but I still want to share it with you now, so you folks can be optimistic about your range.

This truck is awesome. Now that I have it I have lost all my apprehension and I absolutely LOVE IT! I think that you will love it too!!
Thanks for this information. All the range FUD made me wonder. I drive the speed limit or a bit over. Most highways around me are 55-60mph. Max on interstates here is 70mph. My experience about build quality on the Model Y matches yours. I bought a 2022 Model Y from Austin and it's closer to to a perfect build than any car I've owned. I get the rated range when driving the speed limit. Let the FUDsters FUD. I'm a happy Tesla owner.

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Nissan Frontier, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
Hi All. I realize so many are fretting over fingerprints, range, and build quality. I am here to make you feel better. I realize that you'll have lots of questions but I am very busy these days so I won't be able to check this thread all that often.

1. I have owned Tesla's since 2012 and have taken delivery on several as my whole family has them. Sometimes there's a few quality issues but my last Model Y in 2022 was flawless. And again, this Cybertruck delivered January 29, 2024 is absolutely flawless. There is not a single defect!

2. Fingerprints. Jeez, all the worries those youtubers can drum up. I guess they love drama! Windex and a microfiber towel wipes them off easily. Even after they have set a few days. Spray, wipe, gone!

3. Driving is like a dream. I am a truck owner and have owned all the Japanese and USA trucks at some time or another. This Cybertruck drives like a dream compared to any of those.

4. Range. Now you'll be able to sleep at night. I know I lost sleep over the range worries. But wow, Cybertruck is doing well for me. There are no Aerocaps, all terrain tires, temps 45 to 60 degrees. 80% fwy at 60 to 65 MPH. 20% around town. 1000/338 x 123= 363.9 miles. That's like too good to be true!!! This is only a 243 miles of driving sample but I still want to share it with you now, so you folks can be optimistic about your range.

This truck is awesome. Now that I have it I have lost all my apprehension and I absolutely LOVE IT! I think that you will love it too!!

IMG_0441.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 7.19.23 AM.png
Gene that's so generous of you to post and share your real life ownership experience! Thank you. We bought a 23 Model Y and it is also beautiful and flawless. I'll be selling my 2003 Nissan frontier when my CT comes up - can't wait! Cheers from Utah - James

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Gene, thank you so much for sharing all of this!

Can you tell us what your tires are set to (cold PSI)? I generally run all of our Tesla at 2-4 PSI over the recommended pressures and it really increases efficiency noticeably. It also handles hard cornering better by preventing the sidewalls from tucking under so I would run them over regardless of efficiency benefits.

Wolfgram

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Totally similar experience with 500 miles on the ODO. Averaged 405 wh/mile mixed driving city and highway. I don’t feel compelled to drive this truck fast like I do my M3P. Way more relaxing and commanding on the road. I actually prefer Chill Mode most of the time. This driving also includes some off road time on the beaches of S Texas.

Range is not an issue. Also, the best vehicle I e driven, period. I got back into my M3P after 3 days driving Blade (my CT), and the 3 actually seems archaic!! Steering wheel felt large and cumbersome to turn hand over hand, the ride was super rough, and I couldn’t see in traffic! 🤣🤣

I think moving from an ICE to a Tesla is a huge step-change up in driving experience; and going from a Tesla sedan or Model X to the CT is about the same level step-up once again!!

OP
OP

Gene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y.
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Gene, thank you so much for sharing all of this!

Can you tell us what your tires are set to (cold PSI)? I generally run all of our Tesla at 2-4 PSI over the recommended pressures and it really increases efficiency noticeably. It also handles hard cornering better by preventing the sidewalls from tucking under so I would run them over regardless of efficiency benefits.
I have them at exactly the recommended 50 psi.

bmek

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Roadster 2.5 Sport, MY Dual, MY Perf, CyberBeast
Country flag
I’m a really “kick back driver”. I’m never in hurry. I just leave home 15 minutes earlier just because I hate to rush. I
As I get more miles on this truck, even if range becomes 10% less, it’s still excellent.
My main driver is a Model Y Performance like yours. Lifetime 251 wh/mi. So , as they say YMMV.
Yes, YMMV.

We have owned a Model Y Performance since September 2020 and we are at 299 Wh/mile (lifetime).

Given CyberTruck's profile and weight, my expectation is for 375 to 400 Wh/mile with our CyberBeast.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Seems like you are driving very very slow and on chill mode. I am on chill mode and trying not to drive the car aggressively but have been averaging 380/watts. I am also finding I am losing over 20 miles a day with the car in the driveway with sentry turned off and no cabin overheat on either. Anyone else?
Are you letting the truck go to sleep? i.e. not checking it or have any 3rd party apps on it?

Chill mode doesn't really impact range that much. It's the driving speed.

Familyfirstj

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 85
Occupation
Cinematographer
Country flag

IMG_0441.jpg

All good news and if you're wondering where to get the caps and lug nut covers
ProCaps 83MM 3.25 Inch Wheel Center Caps for Chevy Chevrolet GMC Rim Wheel Center Hub Caps, Pack of 4 https://a.co/d/4nmgPGw

20PCS Lug Nut Covers - 4/5'' Wheel Nut Bolt Cover Caps, 21mm Hexagonal Nut Covers with Removal Tool, Wheel Bolt Dust Caps Compatible with Audi, Auto Rims Nut Exterior Protection, Black https://a.co/d/gu2oybB

SteelRhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 TMY LR AWD, 2024 Cyberbeast
Country flag

IMG_0441.jpg

I like your "DO NOT RESET", I have the exact same thing in my Teslas.

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
ProCaps 83MM 3.25 Inch Wheel Center Caps for Chevy Chevrolet GMC Rim Wheel Center Hub Caps, Pack of 4 https://a.co/d/4nmgPGw
I tried someone else's recombed caps that were the same size 83/73 as the ones you listed and they did not work - too loose and had to return them. It appears that inner size should be 75-76mm. I have a replacement set sized 83/76 arriving today

Azorian1

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, ChevyVolt, Porsche 914, 2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineering Program Manager
Country flag
Hi espresso-drumbeat and Gene thank you both for sharing!

I'm wanting to order some asap too but the inner 75mm option does not come up in black only silver or chrome.

Gene, can you confirm that your caps are running loose?

thanks again guys
Sponsored