2025-2026 Cybertruck Feature/Improvements Wishlist (Franz Please Consider)

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
How can you do that with Basecamp? The tonneau over has to be open!
How about modifying the slats so that when the tonneau is closed so that it has the cut-out profile of the back window to give access and for safety, include a lockout so that it cannot be opened/closed until the owner inputs a verification to do so?
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
1) 30% increase in range in one year? Stop dreaming
2) There's so much more talk about people thinking they need it than people saying they need it. The tonneau cover can always be opened
3) Legal
4) Legal
5) I'm still out in the jury as to if this one is needed of just people making up cases to show that it is
6) It's coming. I just got the option on my 2018 Model 3.
7) I believe that this is going to be safety/legal as well. They wanted to do it, but they were stopped from doing for some reason.
8) Just because on iPhone has problem doesn't meand the world should change
9) Please no
10) Tesla sells a spare that can be put in the bed and secured
11) There are so few people who would ever use it. But it would also make the A/C compressor run 24x7.
12) Yea more wrapping locations would be nice
13) So few vehicles get tinting, and there are so many other places that will do it. Plus, Tesla probably can't afford to install tinting that is in violation of local laws, like the tinting shops do.
14) You want them in Showrooms or do you want your delivered? If you don't know if you want a Cybertruck or not, then get on line behind those that *KNOW* that they want one. Test drives will come in the future, when it makes sense.
15) I'm pretty sure that the frunk has closing reverse. But while the carrot test has become popular, EVERY other vehicle in the world will fail it. Open the front door on your car. Put a carrot between the leading edge of the door and the car and close door. Snap goes the carrot.
16) That's going to be hard to do with a roll-up tonneau.
17) Any evidence that this is needed? Beside on a vendor's test vehicle where they swapped out most everything else?
18) Just bring your Steam deck along.
The rear view mirror is not required. I mean, the tonneau cover makes it moot anyway. It'd be nice if that mirror was just a rear video feed anyway. The driver's side mirror is required everywhere in the US, the passenger side is required some places.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
The rear view mirror is not required. I mean, the tonneau cover makes it moot anyway. It'd be nice if that mirror was just a rear video feed anyway. The driver's side mirror is required everywhere in the US, the passenger side is required some places.
The tonneau cover doesn't make it moot. You CAN drive with the tonneau cover up. And sure, it might impact range, but for around town, I don't give a crap about range when I charge nightly.

But I know and agree with what you mean, lot's of vehicles have unusable rear-view mirrors.
It's always funny to get in a U-Haul panel truck and look out the center rear-view mirror.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
The tonneau cover doesn't make it moot. You CAN drive with the tonneau cover up. And sure, it might impact range, but for around town, I don't give a crap about range when I charge nightly.

But I know and agree with what you mean, lot's of vehicles have unusable rear-view mirrors.
It's always funny to get in a U-Haul panel truck and look out the center rear-view mirror.
Right. Saying it was moot was incorrect on my part. I just meant that like most panel vans and some pickup trucks with headache racks, not everything has a view straight out the back. Plus, I can't imagine there is much of a view at all out the back of the CT relegating the mirror to more of a novelty or a back-seat checker.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Right. Saying it was moot was incorrect on my part. I just meant that like most panel vans and some pickup trucks with headache racks, not everything has a view straight out the back. Plus, I can't imagine there is much of a view at all out the back of the CT relegating the mirror to more of a novelty or a back-seat checker.
All of this rear mirror stuff is car people not used to trucks.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How about modifying the slats so that when the tonneau is closed so that it has the cut-out profile of the back window to give access and for safety, include a lockout so that it cannot be opened/closed until the owner inputs a verification to do so?
You can see into the vault from the cabin with the tonneau closed, as far as I know.

-Crissa

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You can see into the vault from the cabin with the tonneau closed, as far as I know.

-Crissa
Hmm, I haven’t had the privilege in accessing the cabin of the CT yet, but if the vault doesn’t block the rear window when closed then it would make the modification a bit easier but I kinda remember there was a diagram of the vault slat roller system from the bottom and it feeds the slats straight up then over the bed. Maybe a CT owner can chime-in and verify this?

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
put the window switches more forward - too far back if you have average arm length or greater...awkward

OP
OP

kpanda17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3RWD, Tesla Model MYP
Country flag
adding
-Modify rear window for opening and lowering, larger and lower glass size permitting better visibility into the bed

OP
OP

kpanda17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3RWD, Tesla Model MYP
Country flag
REVISED LIST 3/30/2024 (NEED MORE INPUT, ESP THOSE POST DELIVERY):

-improve the charging curve to similar to the new Porsche Taycan which stays close to 250 kw for over 60% of the charge cycle (maybe we have to wait for a full V4 front and backend supercharger)

-tailgate auto close

-tailgate step built in

-roof glass starlink mount and integrated wiring

-light bar, still waiting for

-put the window switches more forward on arm rest - too far back if you have average arm length or greater

-modify tonneau cover slats, specific slats for when closed you can still see through, maybe transparent from one side, but from the outside still appears black

-Modify mid wall opening window and add open/close/controllable duct work into the bed, to permit heat and AC to enter an closed bed when sleeping or basecamp.

-Modify rear window for opening and lowering, larger and lower glass size permitting better visibility into the bed

-change review view mirror into larger rear view video/mirror appliance

-2025 4680s Gen 3B, Hybrid Cell, AWD range improves to 440 miles, assuming 3A 390 miles happens fall 2024. 2026 we get 500 miles.

-Washer on rear camera.

-Enable side mirror removal ability and option to purchase add real side towing mirrors.

-Fix the body shelf in front of the head light beam to prevent debris, snow from blocking the light.

-Fix the charging port or provide a CCS adapter that fits.

-Provide an option for a front bench seat so that the CT can fit crew of six, better when as a work truck.

-For the two seat front, fix the charging pad for phone cooling similar to what Porsche is providing in the new Taycan.

-Install a HUD or small screen behind the steering wheel, like the S and X.

-Provide the setup, secure accessory and actual full size spare for the rear bed.

-Create a pseudo mid wall opening to permit heat and AC to enter an closed bed when sleeping or basecamp.

-Create more Tesla wrap install locations strategically across the USA helping us get it installed after delivery, hello from the north east.

-Add window tint installing by Tesla, its the natural companion to wrapping.

-Get more CTs into service centers, showrooms, for demo drives. I dont want to pay Turo $1000 for a one day rental seeing if the CT works for me; know it will.

-Add auto fronk block detection as to not get fingers cut off.

-Correct the Tourneau cover to ensure water proof, need to protect our tools.

-As an upgrade or accessory, add heavier duty upper control arms.

-Some want Steam hardware option for high end gaming.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Maybe a CT owner can chime-in and verify this?
There's been videos of this, but it's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it.

The slats are like a train that gets stored below the bed, and then trundle past the window. The window is only blocked while the tonneau is partially open.

-Crissa

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Yes the window switches do need moved up some, if you have long arms they are in an inconvenient spot for resting.

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
There's been videos of this, but it's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it.

The slats are like a train that gets stored below the bed, and then trundle past the window. The window is only blocked while the tonneau is partially open.

-Crissa
I’m still looking for the video(s) showing the interior view of the vault opening or closing but so far none yet. I’ll keep looking.
Sponsored