Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Great vid, very comprehensive.
I think some of your wishes for gen 2 Cybertruck are going to be a real thing if Tesla wants to compete in the truck market.

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Great vid, very comprehensive.
I think some of your wishes for gen 2 Cybertruck are going to be a real thing if Tesla wants to compete in the truck market.
I hope so. All Iā€™d ask is that they have different variants of the CyberTruck. One variant could be a their ā€œwork truckā€ which has certain accessories and extended range.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Good presentation and supporting your comments. I thought you were going to go through the whole video without saying ā€˜rangeā€™.

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
All seem like good suggestions, and I suppose the supporting evidence is that various competition is doing them. Though no manufacturer seems to fulfill all of the suggestions...

Haven't decided if the hitch should really stick out two inches more... Seems like the cover is something most would like if not towing, and the type of ball extension used would solve the length problem.

Most of the software changes seem more doable, though not all, for example I've not seen Tesla allow other cameras to be hooked up to their screen.

Another cybertruck model for towing could fulfill the suggestions, but who knows what the competition will be in say 2027?

Clearly as a early adaptor, you are not planning to wait till then...

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope so. All Iā€™d ask is that they have different variants of the CyberTruck. One variant could be a their ā€œwork truckā€ which has certain accessories and extended range.
Yea 100% needed
Give us a grocery getter version that is $40k can tow 6klbs and has 250 miles of range
Give us a sportscar version that is $120k doesn't have a tow hitch, but can do 0-60 in 1.8
and PLEASE give us a work truck that costs $80-$90k and has 500 miles of range so when we tow we can get 200+

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Is it possible to feed the trailer backup camera into the CT infotainment?
No, this is an integration that I feel is needed. I have a Furion backup camera on my trailer and Iā€™d love to be able to see its view from the center infotainment screen in the CyberTruck

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
All seem like good suggestions, and I suppose the supporting evidence is that various competition is doing them. Though no manufacturer seems to fulfill all of the suggestions...

Haven't decided if the hitch should really stick out two inches more... Seems like the cover is something most would like if not towing, and the type of ball extension used would solve the length problem.

Most of the software changes seem more doable, though not all, for example I've not seen Tesla allow other cameras to be hooked up to their screen.

Another cybertruck model for towing could fulfill the suggestions, but who knows what the competition will be in say 2027?

Clearly as a early adaptor, you are not planning to wait till then...
Iā€™m pretty sure the hitch receiver being pushed back 2ā€ is for off-roading and having a better angle. But I donā€™t off-road so Iā€™d prefer it to be flush with the bumper, cover or no cover.

In regards to the cameras you are right theyā€™ve never allowed a 3rd party access to their system but what about creating your own trailer camera system?

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Iā€™m pretty sure the hitch receiver being pushed back 2ā€ is for off-roading and having a better angle. But I donā€™t off-road so Iā€™d prefer it to be flush with the bumper, cover or no cover.
Come to think of it my UTV off-road 2" hitch is way, way under, and I'm not sure how far in inches but it's a pain to reach... though I can hook up a large camper to it and move it around with ease in the woods.

I'm also one of the ones that would like to see a winch, and so may add one eventually.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good presentation and supporting your comments. I thought you were going to go through the whole video without saying ā€˜rangeā€™.
Thought the same thing, hit 10mins in without a towing video being only about the low range and wondered if range was going to get mentioned at all.
Nice to see a vid that has opinions but they are backed up with logical explanations.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

In regards to the cameras you are right theyā€™ve never allowed a 3rd party access to their system but what about creating your own trailer camera system?
And remember, they are hidden behind a box as well.
The only thing that I see about a set-back is access to the chain holes and trailer plug in. You can buy different length shanks.

Most Cybertruck owners will never tow. And I'd suspect that 70% will never realize what's under that black box.

And I believe that it was the video's point #6 about not adjusting to range. It's there, it's on the energy graphs. Everyone has to stop looking at the main page indicator.

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
ButterEV - I've enjoyed your videos.

I also have a couple of fork trucks, and thought you did a great job driving yours in the loading videos.

And of course people will use the cyber truck to tow... Woodrick said they won't? I guess he said 70% won't even know what's under the box... Nope, don't agree. Owners are more informed than that.

I especially like the way it can raise up and lift the trailer, when hooking up. I'd like to try that....

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
ButterEV - I've enjoyed your videos.

I also have a couple of fork trucks, and thought you did a great job driving yours in the loading videos.

And of course people will use the cyber truck to tow... Woodrick said they won't? I guess he said 70% won't even know what's under the box... Nope, don't agree. Owners are more informed than that.

I especially like the way it can raise up and lift the trailer, when hooking up. I'd like to try that....
You seemed to misread what I said. People will use the Cybertruck to tow. I know that I will. But most people don't tow. I can't count the number of pickups that I see without receivers or receivers that haven't had the paint scratched.

But yea, most people don't know anything about their cars, let alone things as hidden as the receiver on the Cybertruck.
Sponsored