Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hope you picked them up before today
So much less stress to just buy and hold. I wonder how the extra profit proclaimed will compare to the lost revenue over night tonight.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
So how are you feeling now that Tesla is being added to the S&P 500? Don’t believe you are going to see that drop in price you were expecting. Instead price should continue up.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
So much less stress to just buy and hold. I wonder how the extra profit proclaimed will compare to the lost revenue over night tonight.
They say the investors that have the highest returns buy and then forget they have the account.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
They say the investors that have the highest returns buy and then forget they have the account.
That’s basically what I do. Every once in a while (like over 1 year apart or more) I remember that I have an account and go check it. Happily, last time I checked it turned out that I had bought some Tesla shares clear back before the split at $165. I didn’t even know I had it. But that had turned out so well that I doubled my buy just before the stock split. Now I just sit around here dreaming of my CT because there is a good chance that my Tesla shares will cover my CT completely. Of course if things are still going well I might just have to find some other cash do I don’t have to sell my Tesla shares. We’ll see how it goes.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Wow the price JUMPED after hours. So the question is with this news, do you think the stock will go below tomorrows price. If not, then there's no time like the present. Here's this evening's stock graph.
Tesla Cybertruck 5:1 Tesla stock split teslainsnp500

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Well, take the luck when you got it, I suppose.

-Crissa
Just don’t let it go to your head cause luck goes both ways.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Wow the price JUMPED after hours. So the question is with this news, do you think the stock will go below tomorrows price.
What will probably happen is that the price will stay high until the index funds are bought in and then return to "normal".

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
That makes it a little harder to decide whether the best option is to sell and buy back or just buy more shares when the price goes down. It depends on what it goes down to and how much you think it will go up. You'll probably have to run some Monte Carlos.

The big deal for those of us with IRAs is that we pay straight income rates on long term capital gains and have RMD's to worry about. I don't use the strategy I recommended in my IRA.
I'm onboard with the roller coaster ride but then I play will lizards and rattlesnakes for a good time if I get board. Say's a lot about my attention span I guess. Hey, I still have all my fingers.

DIYDharma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GL450, Mercedes ML350, Lexus ES330
Country flag
$TSLA closed at 570+ today - great news. I can cash in now, get my investment back, pay cap gains tax and still have money left over for a CT, so basically a free CT. However, with recent price target upgrades, more Space X missions, Germany expansion, and beating Chinese vehicles in China, not to mention an EV echo system of insurance and self driving business models, the stock, IMHO, will hit 80+ by end of next year. Now we'll have to see if Rivian or Hummer (LOL) or Fisker (LOL) will take its market share. The F150 EV is something to watch out for.
Sponsored