agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Never heard of Tasker? Maybe you are an iOS guy.
You can automate it to open as you approach justblike the car does and not pay the monthly fee.
I'm android. I've heard of Tasker, it doesn't help. I don't want to have to get out another device (can't really clip a remote to the visor in cybertruck due to its geometry). I also don't want to set it up as a proximity thing. I want it to work like my model Y.

It's impossible to convert all of the places I need a remote to MYq anyway. As many people will experience, any shared doors/gates cannot be modified just because cybertruck is weird. Or wifi can't reach them if they do own them. I can't possibly reach my garage without adding boosters on both sides of the same wall (signal just drops off there). And the gate at my work will never be in range of wifi.
Sponsored

sylvius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
Yeah, I’m completely perplexed at lack of home link. I didn’t bother to check whether it was included because I assumed any car comes with it, and especially any car over like $40k. I really really hope they make it an option but either way it will irritate me to not have it or have to pay for it. But in the end I’d rather pay for it. MyQ is inadequate for my needs and I’ll be embarrassed carrying around an old school garage door opener transmitter in the $100k truck of the future. Maybe enough memes on X of a CT visor with three transmitters clipped to it will shame Elon into adding homelink as an option.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Yeah, I’m completely perplexed at lack of home link. I didn’t bother to check whether it was included because I assumed any car comes with it, and especially any car over like $40k. I really really hope they make it an option but either way it will irritate me to not have it or have to pay for it. But in the end I’d rather pay for it. MyQ is inadequate for my needs and I’ll be embarrassed carrying around an old school garage door opener transmitter in the $100k truck of the future. Maybe enough memes on X of a CT visor with three transmitters clipped to it will shame Elon into adding homelink as an option.
Someone did post a status screen somewhere that said "homelink: not installed" or something like that. I'm hopeful this isn't a remnant of other firmware from other cars, and does mean there is a place to hook it up (but haven't made it available to us yet).

Of course, they could also just tell us things, instead of us having to scan the store pages to see updates.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
The nice thing is it is super easy to add the old fashioned homelink with the 3 buttons to any vehicle.

Tesla Cybertruck $95 Cybertruck TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System now being sold 1708043877794

... and they are cheap and easy to get in a variety of form factors and colours.

There are only 3 wires, ground, 12V+ and optional switched 12V+ (for illumination only when the car is on.)

Find a hollow or plush part of the car, cut it open and install the buttons. run 2 wires to ground and power (with the CT you'll need to stash a 48V to 12V step down somewhere along the V+ line) They also come built into rearview mirrors.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Well, that upsets me too. MyQ morphed into being a paid subscription. Not happy about it. I still have one garage door that is NOT MyQ and it works fine with my X. It does NOT know if the door is open or closed. But when I leave it closes it, and when I come home it opens it ... That is all I need really.
The paid subscription inside Tesla when it is a free phone app is pretty nuts. For $300 I will use my old clicker!
Sponsored