Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 suzuki motorcycles, Chrysler car
Occupation
Retired film lighting tech.
Country flag
Here is the quote from Elon on the test.

CEO Elon Musk revealed that the Cybertruck had an “entire drum magazine of a Tommy gun” emptied into the driver door “Al Capone style,” which revealed the truck would keep occupants safe as no bullets penetrated into the cabin.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It's a weird brand of psycho if people think that they need to test a vehicle's ability to be bulletproof, by aiming at a vehicle with people in it whilst testing it.

Surely people wouldn't want to risk prison to test this?

Besides, you could test any other vehicle the same way, if they are truly that dumb.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It's a weird brand of psycho if people think that they need to test a vehicle's ability to be bulletproof, by aiming at a vehicle with people in it whilst testing it.

Surely people wouldn't want to risk prison to test this?

Besides, you could test any other vehicle the same way, if they are truly that dumb.
There's nobody in the truck. To what 'people in it' are you referring?
Tesla Cybertruck A commercial suggestion, for now, bulletproof tested Cybertruck 1697854963742
(Tesla Owners Silicon Valley)

Elon said it was bulletproof in the 2019 reveal. He had to explain again to Jay Leno that it was Bad Ass and Super Cool. Elon kept those strengths in the redesigned Cybertruck. Very encouraging!

Can't wait the see the glass demo!

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
There's nobody in the truck. To what 'people in it' are you referring?
1697854963742.jpeg
(Tesla Owners Silicon Valley)

Elon said it was bulletproof in the 2019 reveal. He had to explain again to Jay Leno that it was Bad Ass and Super Cool. Elon kept those strengths in the redesigned Cybertruck. Very encouraging:

Can't wait the see the glass demo!

- ÆCIII
Lol. Sorry the context was because of all the people whining about how EM should not of shown this, because now "everyone" would shoot at their CT to test to see if it's true that it's bulletproof or not.

I have no doubt that there was nobody in there whe EM tested it.

Rather, I'm surprised at how many people think, that there are enough idiotic people out there, with a gun, that would be dumb enough to test it on a random person's car, with people in it, and risk killing someone, let alone prison time for doing so.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Lol. Sorry the context was because of all the people whining about how EM should not of shown this, because now "everyone" would shoot at their CT to test to see if it's true that it's bulletproof or not.

I have no doubt that there was nobody in there whe EM tested it.

Rather, I'm surprised at how many people think, that there are enough idiotic people out there, with a gun, that would be dumb enough to test it on a random person's car, with people in it, and risk killing someone, let alone prison time for doing so.
Dang it! I'm sometimes so freaking slow on the coolest of sarcasm! :ROFLMAO:

- ÆCIII

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Dang it! I'm sometimes so freaking slow on the coolest of sarcasm! :ROFLMAO:

- ÆCIII
Lol. People who think they know everything about guns, and have never aimed down one, don't see straight anyway. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Point is even "stupid" people have morals and self preservation instincts, and many "gunslingers" are far from stupid. Conversely emotional ragers have by definition no self control and act on primal instincts with whatever they have available.

Misaligned association leads to behavioural fallacies in too many of the ill informed.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Lol. People who think they know everything about guns, and have never aimed down one, don't see straight anyway. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Point is even "stupid" people have morals and self preservation instincts, and many "gunslingers" are far from stupid. Conversely emotional ragers have by definition no self control and act on primal instincts with whatever they have available.

Misaligned association leads to behavioural fallacies in too many of the ill informed.
The topic gets into 'trigger' territory (see what I did there?), but improvising something that channels or concentrates energy while at the same time having potential to be dangerous to those brainlessly inattentive - is a long trend of accomplishments by humans (Tau'ri projectile weapons, circular saws, knives, ice picks, shovels, drills, ropes, wood chippers, propellers, turbines, propane torch, stove, iron, etc.^n are just a few...). ;)

But it's funny how only a very small percentage of these are 'associated'. 🤔

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

CyberC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR+, 2021 Model Y P
Occupation
Legal
Country flag

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So even more reason to get a bulletproof CT right?

There is no reason, or way, to keep the fact that the CT is "bulletproof" away from public knowledge, if you want to know which bullet proof vehicle you can actually buy (let alone afford to) to combat the situation of the place you choose to live in.

The point is, that people "knowing" about it's capabilities IS NOT associated with a heightened risk of you been targeted by such individuals that would dare test it, on a third party vehicle with people in it, just for the sheer purpose of testing it's resistance to bullets, without any more deeper reasonable motive or disability.

If anything, you being somewhat protected by the CT, driving in such an area, might be of an inherent strategic importance, given that you might also be armed and defend yourself, making the "experiment" to test it, a direct risk to your own well being in real time.

Would you have enough courage to pick a fight with a tank? um na...

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I don't even have to click on any of the links, because regardless of what happened in any situation, it was the human that was inattentive, brainless, or otherwise with compromised behavior.

If something is in their hand, some humans will find a way to make it dangerous.

If nothing is in their hand, some humans will then go find something to make dangerous.

Common denominator in all cases - human behavior.

Attempting to blame lifeless objects is really about some humans attempting to leverage behavioral fallacies into false projection. It will do no good because the lifeless objects will always get replaced, and can never all be purged anyway. The root human behavioral problems will always remain because they are central, and should be the focus.

This is why FSD endeavors to replace or safeguard faulty human behavior while driving. You don't solve a problem of bad dangerous drivers by eliminating all cars. You solve the problem by mitigating the actual cause (some humans at the wheel, which is what FSD development is making progress in doing, more so than other solutions).

- ÆCIII

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
No, you're whining about it because you think you can gather some more Elon hate.

Elon could donate money to a children's hospital, and someone would find an ulterior motive in it.

I grew up blowing up things for fun, discarded appliances and cars always made a good test explosion. If we had social media back then, I probably would have posted the videos so people could see the lid of a top-loading dishwasher fly like a frisbee 50 yards straight up. Now days I would probably be investigated and thrown in prison for a little harmless fun.

Elon looks like a kid in a candy store, blowing off a little steam after being attacked for being too concerned about current economic conditions on the recent analyst conference call. Good on him! It seems the world is becoming paralyzed, and no one is allowed to have a little harmless fun without being accused of heinous acts for what just amounts to having a little fun. We're all going to die soon enough, people need to lighten up and not act like we can't take our straight-jackets off for some harmless fun from time to time.

CyberC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
So even more reason to get a bulletproof CT right?

There is no reason, or way, to keep the fact that the CT is "bulletproof" away from public knowledge, if you want to know which bullet proof vehicle you can actually buy (let alone afford to) to combat the situation of the place you choose to live in.

The point is, that people "knowing" about it's capabilities IS NOT associated with a heightened risk of you been targeted by such individuals that would dare test it, on a third party vehicle with people in it, just for the sheer purpose of testing it's resistance to bullets, without any more deeper reasonable motive or disability.

If anything, you being somewhat protected by the CT, driving in such an area, might be of an inherent strategic importance, given that you might also be armed and defend yourself, making the "experiment" to test it, a direct risk to your own well being in real time.

Would you have enough courage to pick a fight with a tank? um na...
Imagine, if you would, a situation where someone is on trial for murder in a road rage incident and their defense is "I thought it was bulletproof because I saw it in a picture once. I just wanted to scare them." Does that really sound so far-fetched to you?

Sure, having a bulletproof car is nice and all - and I'll be happy to ride around in it. For me, the unnecessary part is broadcasting it to the world and inviting people to see how bulletproof it actually is. Same thing with those stupid ball bearings back in 2019.

CyberC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
No, you're whining about it because you think you can gather some more Elon hate.

Elon could donate money to a children's hospital, and someone would find an ulterior motive in it.

I grew up blowing up things for fun, discarded appliances and cars always made a good test explosion. If we had social media back then, I probably would have posted the videos so people could see the lid of a top-loading dishwasher fly like a frisbee 50 yards straight up. Now days I would probably be investigated and thrown in prison for a little harmless fun.

Elon looks like a kid in a candy store, blowing off a little steam after being attacked for being too concerned about current economic conditions on the recent analyst conference call. Good on him! It seems the world is becoming paralyzed, and no one is allowed to have a little harmless fun without being accused of heinous acts for what just amounts to having a little fun. We're all going to die soon enough, people need to lighten up and not act like we can't take our straight-jackets off for some harmless fun from time to time.
...what? You do realize that this is a forum for Tesla enthusiasts, right?
Sponsored