Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
While I agree to some extent that it is unfortunate that there are crazies in the world, there was never going to be any hiding the fact that the CT outer skin is 3 mm Ultrahard stainless steel. The media try everything, YouTubers intentionally pretend to be asleep in the back of Teslas self driving down the highway. There are so many scenarios that lead to the same place. I am grateful that the CT is made strong and, although Elon likes to have fun in these ways, he makes his point. If I have a choice between driving a car on 880 through Oakland that has been demonstrated to be able to take a bullet, and any other car on the market, I’ll take the CT.
Well said!
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
To be honest, it being bullet proof is one of the biggest appeals for me.
I was overjoyed when it stood up to the sledge hammer. I’d have been happy with a car door resistant and rust-resistant skin. Bullet-resistant and sledgehammer-resistant is better.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I was overjoyed when it stood up to the sledge hammer. I’d have been happy with a car door resistant and rust-resistant skin. Bullet-resistant and sledgehammer-resistant is better.
Copy that.
I'm currently driving a ram 1500 diesel and can dent the fucking thing farting really hard close to it.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Most carjacking is done right at side the car/truck.
The carjacker is so close that even if the driver ducks down the carjacker can look down into the interior of the car/truck and see all of the driver and shoot the driver through the glass and easily shoot the front passenger. This is why the window glass resistance is equally of importance.

On regular cars/pickups they pull on the door handles in case the driver/passenger did not lock the doors. The Cybertruck not having door handles might help driver/passenger safety.
Be careful with your Tesla settings, the car might be set to automatically unlock door when put into parked mode.

Also it looks like the Cybertruck in normal on-road/street mode the passengers will be lower to the ground than most Ford F-150 passengers.

Even if rifle or AK type gun is used the encounter is usually within couple feet of the car with carjacker trying to open the door. The carjacker aims at the window.

-------------------------------------

Robber knocks on driver window with handgun and points gun at driver.

TESLA OWNER ACCIDENTALLY UNLOCKS DOOR WHILE BEING ROBBED
Oct 12 2023

WhamBam
----

** Tesla carjacked

Armed Suspect Carjacks Tesla During High-Speed Chase
Two armed suspects tried to elude Florida police officers in a high-speed chase. The suspects performed dangerous maneuvers and at one point tried to carjack another vehicle but failed. Eventually, one of the suspects carjacks a man for his white Tesla. The carjacking victim, Dr. Emilien Cristea, immediately reached out to his wife on his Apple Watch who rushed to the scene.
Apr 21, 2023
Inside Edition

-----

Police helicopter video shows carjacker trying to carjack two different cars.

Video shows carjacking suspect eluding deputies in Merritt Island prior to shooting

Aerial video released by the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office shows what led up to a carjacking suspect being shot by a deputy Monday afternoon in the middle of a busy Merritt Island intersection
Mar 3, 2020
WKMG News 6 ClickOrlando

-----

** Man talking in first video is a witness NOT the carjacker/murderer.

Video shows carjacking by man suspected of fatally shooting Logan County deputy David Wade
Surveillance footage from a Coyle gas station shows the moments when a man accused of shooting and killing a Logan County deputy Tuesday dumped a truck and carjacked a woman.
Apr 18, 2017
KOCO 5 News

-----

Nathan LeForce arrested in connection with the deadly shooting of Logan County Deputy David Wade and carjacking.
Apr 18, 2017
KOCO 5 News

-----

CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Driver robbed while in San Francisco traffic near I-80 on-ramp
Feb 6, 2021
ABC7 News Bay Area

------

I wonder how fast the CT can be raised. Also, whenever I leave my wife in the car for a few minutes she hits the door lock and has to unlock it to let me back in. Point is, with no door handles, bullet-resistant doors, break-resistant glass, and 8” of suspension travel, the CT might be the safest car around in that kind of situation.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You approach my window quickly and I can't see your hands, you will be looking down the barrel of a pistol. I actually keep mine in a holster...
You do that to me and you'll be looking down the barrel of a lawsuit backed up with my dashcam.

It's illegal to brandish your weapon. 'I was scared' is not an excuse for someone already behind the wheel of a several-ton machine.

-Crissa

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Lol. Sorry the context was because of all the people whining about how EM should not of shown this, because now "everyone" would shoot at their CT to test to see if it's true that it's bulletproof or not.

I have no doubt that there was nobody in there whe EM tested it.

Rather, I'm surprised at how many people think, that there are enough idiotic people out there, with a gun, that would be dumb enough to test it on a random person's car, with people in it, and risk killing someone, let alone prison time for doing so.
Need to get out from under the rock and look at the world, I see this type of idiotic behavior widespread, like the morons that toss big rocks from an over pass and kill when the rock impacts the occupants. So it's not just a gun issue.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Need to get out from under the rock and look at the world, I see this type of idiotic behavior widespread, like the morons that toss big rocks from an over pass and kill when the rock impacts the occupants. So it's not just a gun issue.
Mate it's a bridge I live under not a rock.
That's because I was evicted after not having any rocks left to live under. :rolleyes: 🤣

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Sometimes, the driver has great SA and the jacket gets what they deserve…
A close friend of mine wanted to serve as a missionary in South Africa and trained and followed her dreams and went there for a few years. One day while in country she was in a car and someone else was driving and made the mistake of pulling up TOO close to the car in front and left NO escape maneuvering room. Her car was pinned in by the front car and by a 2nd car (accomplice /gunman) that pulled up behind her. She was kidnapped and sexually assaulted at gun point. She was specifically targeted because of her race and sex.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A close friend of mine wanted to serve as a missionary in South Africa and trained and followed her dreams and went there for a few years. One day while in country she was in a car and someone else was driving and made the mistake of pulling up TOO close to the car in front and left NO escape maneuvering room. Her car was pinned in by the front car and by a 2nd car (accomplice /gunman) that pulled up behind her. She was kidnapped and sexually assaulted at gun point. She was specifically targeted because of her race and sex.
You do understand that neither a gun nor a bigger vehicle would have solved that situation, only made it more deadly, right?

-Crissa

kfede1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvettes, F15...
Occupation
Assassin
Country flag
The quote was a "Tommy Gun" That is a 45 caliber round (Fat, but slow). There is a baby tommy gun now with 9mm. I am curious if they used the full size tommy gun. In Elon's picture, he is not holding a tommy gun, but I am not sure he would know the difference. I did not identify the rifle he was holding, but based on the ammo clip, it is likely a fairly high powered rifle. I imagine that could blow through both doors and anything in the middle. Anyway, bullet resistance is not a feature I much care about. I care about tow capacity and range and especially range when towing. After that I care about interior quality and comfort, followed by actual off road performance and durability. I am pretty sure I would play with the acceleration at least at first. I have faster cars and no longer do 1/4 mile blasts or drag races, but after some fun, i just drive the cars, sometimes spiritedly.

I have 2 tri-motors on order. I don't really know if I will end up getting them. I don't imagine my numbers (200,000 and 420,000) will come up before 2025, If I don't end up getting them, I wonder if I can transfer my place in line to someone else?
Sponsored

Last edited: