Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
*This will be a long post, please take your time to read and understand*

TL;DR at bottom.

First post, long time lurker here since long before the delivery date of last year. Been lurking here long enough to see some come and a lot go after the details emerged of the truck. I am an avid car guy, still young, bought over 40 vehicles, from Nissan, Infiniti, Cadillac, Lincoln, BMW, and Audi amongst 8 motorcycles with engines of varying degree. I've been around performance for a long while and know quite a bit with more room in my brain to learn more. I've also been around luxury and know M5's, Porsche's, M3's, Maybach, Rolls Royce, and the list just goes on. I've been a car guy is what I mean to say!

Today was an interesting day. Woke up, with my wife's parent's birthday party on the list of to-dos and thinking nothing of it other than to show up and have a good time. The kids have a good time there as they have a pool and it's an entertaining home. Being in real estate, I enjoy the area as it's a fairly wealthy community with a lot of great homes to view and you never know who you'll run into!

The wife and I decide to peruse the neighborhood when we found a home for sale and decided to enter. This was a great experience and has nothing to do with the story, but I wanted to waste 2 more seconds of your time lol! Anyway, as we were enjoying the party, my 12-year-old daughter approached me and says, "there's a Cybertruck outside". I think blah, ok at this point even if there is, it's no big deal. I've seen 2 at this point in my life. One pre-production before the delivery event in October (car not event) and one during my kid's soccer practice randomly.

Walk outside, and there it is! A Foundation Series Cybertruck. I quickly walk back inside the house and find the owner. Day 1 reservation holder picked it up at the Love-Field Delivery Center and was absolutely taken aback when he received the email to configure. This was interesting to hear his story as he's the only 2nd person I've come across with interest in the Cybertruck. AWD Dual Motor as he did not want to wait for the Cyberbeast.

Let's go backwards a bit. Once again, I test drove a Tesla Model S back in 2015 with FSD and that car to me at the time wasn't worth the money. FSD was an absolute nightmare and would not shut off during the drive leaving me absolutely scarred for life from owning a Tesla with FSD. Ex-wife at the time wanted a Model X and I shut that down in 2016 after their debut. I'm also a driver, avid track day enthusiast and I do enjoy racing on the track as I have a 6 hour endurance race in my resume. I love driving! EV's have always interested me. The last 2 weeks I've driven a Taycan, I4M50, and wanted to drive the E-Tron but it wasn't meant to be.

Anyways, from the perspective of someone who knows quality in the form of Audi, someone who's background evolves around aircraft and once assembled the rear/mid fuselage for the Embraer 192 aircraft, someone who's built jet engines for the USAF, and has been around cars and studying them for nearly 3 decades every day and currently enjoying the next 4 years in Aerospace Engineering school. Here's my review.

Section 1: Mind you, I hate Tesla for their marketing ploys, Elon Musk, but at one point I was a shareholder.

Fit and Finish:

His truck hadn't been washed thoroughly, but he heard of the talk of Windex, BKF, vinegar, etc. Just like the pre-production model that I randomly came across; this truck was absolutely flawless. No pics, no care, I get it, but it's a respect thing for me. I'm not some raging Bieber fan just somewhat interested in the truck. The truck presented zero fingerprints, no patina, no rust spots, absolutely nothing. Please see above in Section 1, I am looking for anything and every reason to hate this truck. Not a single misaligned panel, not a single deteriorated spot, not a single scratch. Nothing, the panels were literally flawless. Once again, I've been in manufacturing and know what a defect will look like or a WC (Work Change), due to a flaw in the manufacturing process. Absolutely nothing. FUD is what I will say after now seeing these trucks. There might be some issues here and there, but I thoroughly believe collectively, it will be fine!

Styling:

Very controversial as we all know at this point. Some love it and some hate it. It's going to be like that. Similar to the PT Cruiser, Chevy SSR, Pontiac Aztec (then again whoever finds this attractive is a psychopath), or the Delorean. My kids made a great reference; it's futuristic! You know what, I admit, it is. As you open the doors it's a different feel. There's actually haptic feedback that once again feels like quality. How well this will work when it's covered in ice will be interesting though.

Interior:

Most expensive car I've ever sat in I think is a Rolls Royce Phantom at this point in my life. Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Maybach's, etc. The Cybertruck, has the interior of a $100k vehicle. Upon entering, you feel the weight of the door. A good quality door is heavy. I've been in some multimillion-dollar homes with $1000 doors, and they don't feel like it should. It should be heavy, you feel the heft of the insulation, and quality of the materials more. The Alcantara suede, the leather wrapped dash, and the touch points. Once again, see Section 1. I was looking for a reason to further hate the Cybertruck. The dash I thought was just a basic plastic painted white and the mile of dash in front was a mountain of just plastic. It simply is not. The feel of the suede is on par with what you get in the Porsche. Alcantara is interesting though. I had Alcantara on my 2006 BMW M3 Competition and know the flaws of Alcantara. Will be interesting to see how well it holds up as it ages, but I see no issues here.

Driving experience:

I didn't get to drive the truck however rode as a front passenger with wife behind me. Whoever the hell says this truck isn't smooth, is driving a Bentley Bentayga as their other car. It's insanely smooth. Once again, please see Section 1 as I was looking for some aspect to hate on. The road we were on was quite smooth and not a lot of bumps or undulations, but it definitely wasn't what I expected even with the All-Terrain Tires. Quiet cabin and relaxed atmosphere. Once again, please see Section 1.

4-wheel steering. I have now driven a few cars with 4-wheel steering. Most notably being a Porsche Panamera. I like it, see it more as a gimmick than anything. I've towed a 20' trailer and had to park that in a very tight alley way so. To me, ok but whatever. I see it as just something else to go wrong. Don't really care for it but watching him park, I got confused lol. I was thinking the car should turn this way, but it was the opposite. I think it was Sandy who made mention of getting used to the steering in parking spots and he wasn't lying. It's different.

I expected more from the acceleration side of things. I know the truck is heavy, but it didn't really feel as quick as I thought. Speed is relative, but I don't know. I expected more thrust to push me into my seat. It just never came. I really want to drive an SQ8 Etron for reference. I also drove a BMW IX and in terms of the trusty old butt-dyno; I think the IX has more power than the Cybertruck AWD.

Attention:

The truck gets attention. As we were going over the details another few ladies emerged and began to ask what is this, etc. It became a social spot. Cameras and phones began to be taken out at this point. The attention is real, and you should be ready for it. If you're introverted, probably should buy a Prius or something.

Overall Viewpoint and Wrap-up:

This truck is a niche product. I don't ever expect to see it outsell the lower trim F-150's or even the lightning in some cases for those introverted who deem the attention as excessive or price of entry. This truck is a product of quality. The owner mentioned no issues of the failure of the 48 Volt system, the accelerator issue, no issues with paint or panel gaps and once again, see Section 1 as I was looking for all of these issues. I had asked about the range but he's not really into doing the math to verify what he's getting based on Tesla's claims nor staring at his massive screen for geek math. Once again, see Section 1. He charges it to 80 and doesn't worry about it. Rightfully so, however he is doing a drive tomorrow and I mentioned there's parts of the interstate system where you may run into problems. Listen, I drive, and I drive a lot to very far distances and when I say Californian's are very tunnel visioned in the sense of their unrealistic belief of the infrastructure for charging being adequate; it simply is not. Not even talking just secluded areas but well populated cities off interstates. We still need more infrastructure!

With that said, from the perspective of an ICE head, I really like EV's and I like the Cybertruck. Controversial, would never own one, but it's a really cool truck and a conversation piece. If a triangle shaped truck is your Jam, rock on!

TL;DR

Cybertruck sucks and I hate flippers!
20231105_104813.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
You lost me when you wrote about quality in the form of Audiā€¦

2015 Q5 TDI even before they fixed the cheat code was the biggest POS Iā€™ve ever owned (besides a Chevy but I digressā€¦) Then it hit 60k miles and turned into a pumpkinā€¦.. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag

2015 Q5 TDI even before they fixed the cheat code was the biggest POS Iā€™ve ever owned (besides a Chevy but I digressā€¦) Then it hit 60k miles and turned into a pumpkinā€¦.. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
You know, every manufacturer has a bad day. What we determine as reliable is strictly subjective and I get it. I have found the absolute limit of a few engines in my day, transmissions, suspension components etc. When it comes to quality, I am mostly referencing creaks, rattles, touch points, fit and finish, etc. If you want to get down to the nitty gritty, we can thoroughly discuss other failures I have personally found in "reliable manufacturer designs".

CliffsCT

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
*This will be a long post, please take your time to read and understand*

TL;DR at bottom.

First post, long time lurker here since long before the delivery date of last year. Been lurking here long enough to see some come and a lot go after the details emerged of the truck. I am an avid car guy, still young, bought over 40 vehicles, from Nissan, Infiniti, Cadillac, Lincoln, BMW, and Audi amongst 8 motorcycles with engines of varying degree. I've been around performance for a long while and know quite a bit with more room in my brain to learn more. I've also been around luxury and know M5's, Porsche's, M3's, Maybach, Rolls Royce, and the list just goes on. I've been a car guy is what I mean to say!

Today was an interesting day. Woke up, with my wife's parent's birthday party on the list of to-dos and thinking nothing of it other than to show up and have a good time. The kids have a good time there as they have a pool and it's an entertaining home. Being in real estate, I enjoy the area as it's a fairly wealthy community with a lot of great homes to view and you never know who you'll run into!

The wife and I decide to peruse the neighborhood when we found a home for sale and decided to enter. This was a great experience and has nothing to do with the story, but I wanted to waste 2 more seconds of your time lol! Anyway, as we were enjoying the party, my 12-year-old daughter approached me and says, "there's a Cybertruck outside". I think blah, ok at this point even if there is, it's no big deal. I've seen 2 at this point in my life. One pre-production before the delivery event in October (car not event) and one during my kid's soccer practice randomly.

Walk outside, and there it is! A Foundation Series Cybertruck. I quickly walk back inside the house and find the owner. Day 1 reservation holder picked it up at the Love-Field Delivery Center and was absolutely taken aback when he received the email to configure. This was interesting to hear his story as he's the only 2nd person I've come across with interest in the Cybertruck. AWD Dual Motor as he did not want to wait for the Cyberbeast.

Let's go backwards a bit. Once again, I test drove a Tesla Model S back in 2015 with FSD and that car to me at the time wasn't worth the money. FSD was an absolute nightmare and would not shut off during the drive leaving me absolutely scarred for life from owning a Tesla with FSD. Ex-wife at the time wanted a Model X and I shut that down in 2016 after their debut. I'm also a driver, avid track day enthusiast and I do enjoy racing on the track as I have a 6 hour endurance race in my resume. I love driving! EV's have always interested me. The last 2 weeks I've driven a Taycan, I4M50, and wanted to drive the E-Tron but it wasn't meant to be.

Anyways, from the perspective of someone who knows quality in the form of Audi, someone who's background evolves around aircraft and once assembled the rear/mid fuselage for the Embraer 192 aircraft, someone who's built jet engines for the USAF, and has been around cars and studying them for nearly 3 decades every day and currently enjoying the next 4 years in Aerospace Engineering school. Here's my review.

Section 1: Mind you, I hate Tesla for their marketing ploys, Elon Musk, but at one point I was a shareholder.

Fit and Finish:

His truck hadn't been washed thoroughly, but he heard of the talk of Windex, BKF, vinegar, etc. Just like the pre-production model that I randomly came across; this truck was absolutely flawless. No pics, no care, I get it, but it's a respect thing for me. I'm not some raging Bieber fan just somewhat interested in the truck. The truck presented zero fingerprints, no patina, no rust spots, absolutely nothing. Please see above in Section 1, I am looking for anything and every reason to hate this truck. Not a single misaligned panel, not a single deteriorated spot, not a single scratch. Nothing, the panels were literally flawless. Once again, I've been in manufacturing and know what a defect will look like or a WC (Work Change), due to a flaw in the manufacturing process. Absolutely nothing. FUD is what I will say after now seeing these trucks. There might be some issues here and there, but I thoroughly believe collectively, it will be fine!

Styling:

Very controversial as we all know at this point. Some love it and some hate it. It's going to be like that. Similar to the PT Cruiser, Chevy SSR, Pontiac Aztec (then again whoever finds this attractive is a psychopath), or the Delorean. My kids made a great reference; it's futuristic! You know what, I admit, it is. As you open the doors it's a different feel. There's actually haptic feedback that once again feels like quality. How well this will work when it's covered in ice will be interesting though.

Interior:

Most expensive car I've ever sat in I think is a Rolls Royce Phantom at this point in my life. Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Maybach's, etc. The Cybertruck, has the interior of a $100k vehicle. Upon entering, you feel the weight of the door. A good quality door is heavy. I've been in some multimillion-dollar homes with $1000 doors, and they don't feel like it should. It should be heavy, you feel the heft of the insulation, and quality of the materials more. The Alcantara suede, the leather wrapped dash, and the touch points. Once again, see Section 1. I was looking for a reason to further hate the Cybertruck. The dash I thought was just a basic plastic painted white and the mile of dash in front was a mountain of just plastic. It simply is not. The feel of the suede is on par with what you get in the Porsche. Alcantara is interesting though. I had Alcantara on my 2006 BMW M3 Competition and know the flaws of Alcantara. Will be interesting to see how well it holds up as it ages, but I see no issues here.

Driving experience:

I didn't get to drive the truck however rode as a front passenger with wife behind me. Whoever the hell says this truck isn't smooth, is driving a Bentley Bentayga as their other car. It's insanely smooth. Once again, please see Section 1 as I was looking for some aspect to hate on. The road we were on was quite smooth and not a lot of bumps or undulations, but it definitely wasn't what I expected even with the All-Terrain Tires. Quiet cabin and relaxed atmosphere. Once again, please see Section 1.

4-wheel steering. I have now driven a few cars with 4-wheel steering. Most notably being a Porsche Panamera. I like it, see it more as a gimmick than anything. I've towed a 20' trailer and had to park that in a very tight alley way so. To me, ok but whatever. I see it as just something else to go wrong. Don't really care for it but watching him park, I got confused lol. I was thinking the car should turn this way, but it was the opposite. I think it was Sandy who made mention of getting used to the steering in parking spots and he wasn't lying. It's different.

I expected more from the acceleration side of things. I know the truck is heavy, but it didn't really feel as quick as I thought. Speed is relative, but I don't know. I expected more thrust to push me into my seat. It just never came. I really want to drive an SQ8 Etron for reference. I also drove a BMW IX and in terms of the trusty old butt-dyno; I think the IX has more power than the Cybertruck AWD.

Attention:

The truck gets attention. As we were going over the details another few ladies emerged and began to ask what is this, etc. It became a social spot. Cameras and phones began to be taken out at this point. The attention is real, and you should be ready for it. If you're introverted, probably should buy a Prius or something.

Overall Viewpoint and Wrap-up:

This truck is a niche product. I don't ever expect to see it outsell the lower trim F-150's or even the lightning in some cases for those introverted who deem the attention as excessive or price of entry. This truck is a product of quality. The owner mentioned no issues of the failure of the 48 Volt system, the accelerator issue, no issues with paint or panel gaps and once again, see Section 1 as I was looking for all of these issues. I had asked about the range but he's not really into doing the math to verify what he's getting based on Tesla's claims nor staring at his massive screen for geek math. Once again, see Section 1. He charges it to 80 and doesn't worry about it. Rightfully so, however he is doing a drive tomorrow and I mentioned there's parts of the interstate system where you may run into problems. Listen, I drive, and I drive a lot to very far distances and when I say Californian's are very tunnel visioned in the sense of their unrealistic belief of the infrastructure for charging being adequate; it simply is not. Not even talking just secluded areas but well populated cities off interstates. We still need more infrastructure!

With that said, from the perspective of an ICE head, I really like EV's and I like the Cybertruck. Controversial, would never own one, but it's a really cool truck and a conversation piece. If a triangle shaped truck is your Jam, rock on!

TL;DR

Cybertruck sucks and I hate flippers!
20231105_104813.jpg
Curious if your driver placed the CT into sport mode for your drive. Huge difference in acceleration between chill and sport.

OP
OP

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
Curious if your driver placed the CT into sport mode for your drive. Huge difference in acceleration between chill and sport.

Great question, I do not know.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Having never owned a Tesla, I'll be giddy about test drives of every model till they throw me out, in the next year! Learning curve for the software will be much easier with practice... Hope to test drive a CT before owning, too!

CliffsCT

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Great question, I do not know.
Ask your driver for another ride. :) I took my neighbor for a test drive the same day I got my CT, and the launch was "meh". I also have a Model 3 with acceleration boost, so I was comparing the two. The next day I discovered the different drive mode settings in the CT and WOW, big difference. I had been in chill mode and medium ride height. Sport mode lowers the chassis to lowest ride height, and the launch and handling are everything you would hope for.

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Hold on..let me read section 1. šŸ˜ƒ

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
how did you drive a Model S in 2015 with FSD?
FSD beta wasn't even in limited release until late 2020/21

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks for that. But just someone's opinion.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
how did you drive a Model S in 2015 with FSD?
FSD beta wasn't even in limited release until late 2020/21
Autopilot was supposed to be FSD till they lied and couldnt deliver to 2015-2017 owners as promised. when Autopilot couldnt perform and they needed new hardware they just called it FSD from that point onward.

gham59

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X & 2017 Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I had both the Q5 and Q7 TDIs and lived in UT at the time. Once the issues came out and way Audi treated me ā€¦. No more Audi for me!

Technigogo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Ford F450 Limited, '24 Cyberbeast FS
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Acceleration?

Get a ride in the Cyberbeast - that will change your perspective.
Sponsored