Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Have we heard anything about an air compressor connection/hose for the CT? I’m assuming it’s using an air compressor to adjust the suspension height. It’d be cool to have an air hose qd (similar to the Rivian).
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
There's still a lot of room for such a fitting in the vault or in the frunk if Tesla wanted to do it. Even if Tesla doesn't do it, it's likely possible to accomplish DIY or aftermarket. Just look at how many M3s got modified with air suspension with compressors and a tank in the frunk.

Still too many unknowns about the adjustable suspension or even if that system (if using air) could be multi-purposed. If that were the case though, such a higher air volume air compressor would add some weight, with not everyone using it frequently, so maybe it's wise just to BYOC (Bring Your Own Compressor) and use the outlets to power it. Then while not in use it's not hauled around adding weight, so much more efficient that way.

I won't be upset if they do include a compressed air fitting. It'd be useful for inflating tires too. But since they're trying to maximize range, I don't see them adding weight for things that may not get used often by everyone.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
An Electrical outlet in the frunk would be more ideal than an air connection. I have cordless compressors and an assortment of portable compressors. From 1 gallon up to 30 gallon. Electric and gas. Not to mention hp air tanks.

Yes, electric power outlets are more important than an air outlet. At least to me.
Remember electricity can produce air. But can air produce electricity. Not too easily or practical.

Rick

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I think they won't unless they have a compressor onboard with a long cycle life. The air suspension is a critical part of the vehicle meaning it can't drive without it, so the last thing they want is a lot if trades using it for tools, and then claiming Warranty when it breaks.

OP
OP

Chadillac

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
An Electrical outlet in the frunk would be more ideal than an air connection. I have cordless compressors and an assortment of portable compressors. From 1 gallon up to 30 gallon. Electric and gas. Not to mention hp air tanks.

Yes, electric power outlets are more important than an air outlet. At least to me.
Remember electricity can produce air. But can air produce electricity. Not too easily or practical.

Rick
So no? You haven’t seen anything about an air connection?
Btw, congrats on all your air compressors. That’s awesome for you!

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The needs for job site compressed air can vary quite widely from small amounts of air output (in SCFM) to large amounts. Some tools such as trim or brad nailers need only a small amount. Other items such as framing nailers, or inflating tires use more air. Many paint or texture sprayers, air wrenches/drivers, air powered grinders/cutters/sanders use even more air.

If they did multipurpose an onboard air suspension compressor, it would be both liked and disliked, because for some a glass is partially full but for others the glass is always on the way to empty. Even with detailed specs or instructions, some would try to overuse an onboard compressor while ignoring those instructions and then constantly complain when it couldn't keep up, and they would never be satisfied.

I think it's wisest for Tesla to leave it out, but I guess we'll know on Nov 30th.

- ÆCIII

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
So no? You haven’t seen anything about an air connection?
Btw, congrats on all your air compressors. That’s awesome for you!
Being a plumbing contractor and in the trades 48 years. Air tools and testing gas lines , among other lines was always a requirement.

Same with power tools and power cords.

Nowadays we have cordless tools that have replaced plug in tools. But we still need to charge those tools.

Not much different from transitioning from ICE to BEV. Isn't that what brings us to this forum in the first place?

But as a plumber, it's fairly simple to tap into the air tank. What we don't know is the capacity (cfm, psi) of the compressor along with the duty cycle of the pump and motor.

Rick

OP
OP

Chadillac

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I don't need it for tools, but I'd like it for rec activities; SUPs, bike tires, air mattresses, filling flat truck tires, etc. It doesn't need to be fast, just effective.
Yes! My thoughts exactly.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I don't need it for tools, but I'd like it for rec activities; SUPs, bike tires, air mattresses, filling flat truck tires, etc. It doesn't need to be fast, just effective.
This was recommended to me by folks on this forum, and has been great - including for 3 flat truck tires (don’t ask)

Tesla Cybertruck Air compressor hose connection? 931F883F-1FB4-45E9-94D0-76D0D377D7A2

And, I can guarantee you it fits in the CyberTruck’s sub-bed compartment. Less than a foot away from a 120v outlet that can charge it.

Come to think of it, almost makes it seem like Tesla would be silly to put a low duty compressor in the truck….

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
This was recommended to me by folks on this forum, and has been great - including for 3 flat truck tires (don’t ask)

931F883F-1FB4-45E9-94D0-76D0D377D7A2.png

And, I can guarantee you it fits in the CyberTruck’s sub-bed compartment. Less than a foot away from a 120v outlet that can charge it.

Come to think of it, almost makes it seem like Tesla would be silly to put a low duty compressor in the truck….
Yeah, I have a similar one now. I'd rather have something that was integrated.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Yeah, I have a similar one now. I'd rather have something that was integrated.
For free, of course.

But what amount would be added to the MSRP before you started to feel differently?

And, consider that price when ALSO recognizing that adding the feature could increase the possibility of mechanical failures on the truck - which cost Tesla service rates to repair. At which point you’ll maybe be going back to Amazon for a new $60 Ryobi

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
For free, of course.

But what amount would be added to the MSRP before you started to feel differently?

And, consider that price when ALSO recognizing that adding the feature could increase the possibility of mechanical failures on the truck - which cost Tesla service rates to repair. At which point you’ll maybe be going back to Amazon for a new $60 Ryobi
I'm not saying it needs to be integrated to the same air system that runs the suspension. Integrated electric air compressor are available as aftermarket products. I would just like one that designed in.

Free...sure if it was part of the original stated plan 4 yrs ago. I couldn't remember if EM or anyone from Tesla said air would be available.
Otherwise...a couple hundred bucks would fine.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
I have 3 of those Ryobi hand held compressors. Realize to work, you need a fairly expensive 18 volt Ryobi battery pack. Now if Ryobi was smart, they could redesign it to have a 12 volt adapter cord for a cigarette lighter.

Not the fastest for LT tires, and definitely not for air mattresses. I use them for quick fills on expansion tanks, testing gas piping and occasionally topping off a tire in a pinch.

Remember Home Depot is the exclusive seller of these in North America. Much less expensive than going through resellers such as what’s been shown on Amazon.

Rick

Tesla Cybertruck Air compressor hose connection? D207FFD2-2472-4E56-872B-779CA4A9AC67
Sponsored