Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
As a lifetime truck owner, one thing I am constantly fighting with suspension is the higher it goes the more body roll you get in turns. One of the reviewers who had gotten a ride after the unveiling mentioned how much body roll it had in the corners. Lets hope this isnt the case.
I noticed the body roll in some videos, especially the one where Musk is out in LA and makes a left turn running over a pylon. Luckily there's a lot of time until release for them to tune the suspension. Shouldn't be too hard to dial out body roll with independent air suspension at their disposal.
Sponsored

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We now know that the cybertruck is heavy! 8500 to 10000 lb. Hence the visible roll, unless the air suspension is auto -compensating...

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
We now know that the cybertruck is heavy! 8500 to 10000 lb. Hence the visible roll, unless the air suspension is auto -compensating...
but that includes the payload of 3,500 pounds, and didn't they say it would be closer to 8,500, so that would be about 5,000 lbs as they originally predicted. But the payload of other trucks in this class is higher (not that I would need or want that kind of payload myself). Still, with that weight and height there are going to be roll issues.

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
Air suspensions work very well in Model S and X. The Cybertruck should be even better. Of course it's not a sport car, but it will be much better in cornering than every other truck on the market.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I stand corrected, re: GVWR.. Thanks!
Air suspensions work very well in Model S and X. The Cybertruck should be even better. Of course it's not a sport car, but it will be much better in cornering than every other truck on the market.

Vaulted

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Firefighter / home inspector
Country flag
The adjustable suspension is going to great. For getting loads in the back as well I have 3 small kids which will help them getting in and out. Also would love to see if they off a power tailgate. Cheers ?

scottysize

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I have Air Suspension on my Ram 1500 Eco. It's awesome. After 128,900 miles, it still works great. Super Smooth rides and the ability to raise and lower the truck is VERY helpful.
Sponsored