Anyone else have their FSD option now say $8k?

EBender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Egolf
Occupation
Professional Bender
Country flag
FSD lock in is the main reason I reserved a CT. If the price is over 10k for this, I would not be interested in purchasing a Tesla.

[UOTE="CyberT, post: 29491, member: 4088"]
I have no doubt that Tesla will honor the $7k FSD to those who pre-ordered early. Why even give that option or even advertise the price of $7k if they weren't going to lock in the current price? If they are just gathering data on who is interested in purchasing FSD then there is no need to state the $7k price tag.

It is a brilliant move by Tesla in locking in the price for FSD. Think of the attachment rate of FSD when deliveries start to roll out for the CT. By the end of 2021 or early 2022 I anticipate FSD being at least a $12k option. Lets just say the first 100k CT reservation holders are given the option to purchase FSD for $7k instead of $12k, It is safe to assume of at least a 60% attachment rate which ends up to be $420 million of gross profit.

If Tesla does not honor the $7k FSD price and buyers have to pay $12k I can imagine attachment rates lower of around 20% and that makes for $240 million in gross profit.

I am not worried that Tesla will not honor the $7k FSD. I am sure it is only a glitch in the reservation pages. I was just wondering if it was only me or if other reservation holders were seeing the same thing.
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored

Donald Genzler

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Retired Teamster
Country flag
On the pre-order page and multiple time from Elon's spiel.

It says that it's an estimate, but since they advertised it, and sell the product, they would be liable for it.

No one is being asked for money today, so being upset about a display error is pointless.

-Crissa
If they up my price
I will just get that sweet GMC Hummer that’s coming Same time as Cyber Truck

Timmo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Country flag
I placed my order 2 mins after the revel and checked the FSD option for $7k at that time. I know there was an increase to $8k over the summer and then last week when walking a friend of mine through how to check to see if he had the FSD option selected before the $2k increase, I discovered in my reservation it shows the FSD as $8k.

Anyone else notice that on their reservation?

Update: I just checked again and clicked on edit my design. FSD is now $10k under my reservation......
I’m glad I have a screen shot off my order . I actually order mine seconds after the reveal, locked in FSD at $7000.., yes the fine print said prices could go up , but if you select this option now , it will not go up for early selection

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
If they up my price
I will just get that sweet GMC Hummer that’s coming Same time as Cyber Truck
Or you could just get the cheaper CT and not opt in to buying FSD? It's optional, even if you selected to lock in the price at preorder time.

And again, nobody needs to worry right now. If you pre-ordered it with FSD, don't touch your reservation for any reason, keep your email confirmation showing FSD was on it, and don't worry!! Problem solved.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
shit....now I am afraid to open my account if only to look at it.....it might change to 10k form 7k just because I went to look

update: just went and looked at mine....sure enough....$10k for FSD....hope you guys are right about the original order price of $7K being honored by Tesla....

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
By law, it has to be.

Don't worry ^-^ I know I felt that twinge when I saw it, too.

-Crissa
you think we will get the price we signed up for when we bought the night of presentation?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
you think we will get the price we signed up for when we bought the night of presentation?
You'll get the price of the date you reserved.

Because they advertised it that way. It's the law. Apparently there are criminal penalties in California if they don't!

-Crissa

PS this clearly doesn't count for options they haven't priced yet.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You'll get the price of the date you reserved.

Because they advertised it that way. It's the law. Apparently there are criminal penalties in California if they don't!

-Crissa

PS this clearly doesn't count for options they haven't priced yet.
hope so.....I would not get it if it goes to $12k or more....even jumping to $10k is a steep jump for me since this is going to be a toy per se......my 2020 MS is running just fine

Fatbastid

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Talked to my local store (Dedham, MA) to ask about this and they couldn’t answer definitively about FSD $ lock in. I wanted to up my order to $50K dual motor and they advised against it as I’d lose my place in line. As a stock owner I’m pissed that Tesla would not make it easy to bump up an order $10K and if they tell me my “locked in” FSD price is going up as well... I love this company and I’m pissed, how will casual potential buyers react.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Talked to my local store (Dedham, MA) to ask about this and they couldn’t answer definitively about FSD $ lock in. I wanted to up my order to $50K dual motor and they advised against it as I’d lose my place in line. As a stock owner I’m pissed that Tesla would not make it easy to bump up an order $10K and if they tell me my “locked in” FSD price is going up as well... I love this company and I’m pissed, how will casual potential buyers react.
You're local store was wrong about losing your place in line. Your order number and date remain the same when you switch # of motors.

No one can really tell if our FSD prices are locked in or not. Elon suggested such (buy now to avoid paying more) but the fine print doesn't guarantee it. So we are waiting to see if we actually need to complain or not.

Until we have FACTS, there is no need to stress. Plenty of time for that when needed later. ;)

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
This thread clarifies a lot if you take time to read it. In short:

1. The FSD price IS guaranteed at the time of reservation as long as it was added then and you have an email confirmation showing FSD was in fact added
2. Changing your reservation may or may not change the date of your FSD lock in, nobody knows for sure
3. The Tesla site has been known to display incorrect pricing for FSD lock-ins, so don't worry. Whatever date you have proof of is the date they will honor one way or another
4. MOST IMPORTANT: DO NOT TOUCH YOUR RESERVATION IF YOU WANT TO GUARANTEE THE FSD RATE!!!!!!
5. When you get the chance to configure closer to release, you can change between trims! There's no sense changing your trims now people!!!
6. The trims now are (from what we can tell) simply for analytics to tell Tesla how many people are interested in each trim. Refer to #5 and don't touch anything.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
You're local store was wrong about losing your place in line. Your order number and date remain the same when you switch # of motors.

No one can really tell if our FSD prices are locked in or not. Elon suggested such (buy now to avoid paying more) but the fine print doesn't guarantee it. So we are waiting to see if we actually need to complain or not.

Until we have FACTS, there is no need to stress. Plenty of time for that when needed later. ;)
And it seems like a fairly high percentage of the (what is it now 1 million?) pre-orders included FSD so if the FSD price at the time of order is not held then all of those people will have a complaint to make. That would cause a very large nightmare for Tesla.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No one can really tell if our FSD prices are locked in or not. Elon suggested such (buy now to avoid paying more) but the fine print doesn't guarantee it.
No, they cannot change the price after without canceling all the pre-orders and making a straight up mess of it all.

It is a crime in the State of California to make an offer and then jack the price. The fine print cannot change this.

The fine print refers to the out the door total and unsecured options. They can't know the fees and taxes, or the cost of options like the solar tonneau, at this time.

Just hold onto your reservation and wait for the final order page to be completed. Tesla will email when it's available in your region and try to upsell you then.

Talked to my local store...
I don't know why your local sales people were so ignorant, but they aren't paid much.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited: