Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
On Dec 15 at about 10pm, I logged on here, and thanks to a post here that said "check your account" low and behold, my Tesla account (online) had the offer for the Foundation series. I quickly bit the bullet, and ordered. So, if I were you, I would check your Tesla account a couple times a day. I did not get an email, or a notification on my app. I own one of the first 2018 Model 3P and my wife has a Y..not sure if that helped.
This is crazy! So Iā€™ve had a minute one order for four years now and I donā€™t get an email to order? I have to login every couple hours hoping to see an order your truck??
I did just login and do not see that opportunity. My order says they will let me know when I can configure it. I think I did this not too long ago as well and saw the same thing.

So nobody is getting emails to configure you have to keep logging into your account and hope itā€™s there? If this is a case thatā€™s unbelievable.

Also, on this thread on the discussion of the first 1000 units and initial orders getting placed with timelines in second half of 2024, is this linear? Or is regular production run in parallel? I sure hope it is the latter. Otherwise this looks like a run rate of 100 trucks a month for a full year? I sure hope this is not the case.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CactusPilot

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
So nobody is getting emails to configure you have to keep logging into your account and hope itā€™s there? If this is a case thatā€™s unbelievable.
I can't speak for everyone, but that's what happened in my case. I've read here that some got the notice to order the Foundation series, and checked later and the offer had disappeared. So my guess is they are moving down the list quickly to offer the first 1000 until they are all accounted for.
I may have checked my online account just prior to getting the email also..not sure what's happening behind the scene.

Almost Mars

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor Cybertruck on order, Model S Plaid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered in first minute as well, WA, number 112752ā€¦, Foundation appeared in app at 2 am on 16th, gone by 10 am same day when I wanted to order. Could a window have closed for WA reservations?
Similar number and in Spokane. Ordered on the 15th. They may be trying to spread them around and close areas as they get their share.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Another important question: what is this cactus's trick to afford said truck and how can I do it too?

OP
OP
CactusPilot

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
This is crazy! So Iā€™ve had a minute one order for four years now ā€¦
nobody is getting emails ā€¦thatā€™s unbelievable.
I dont know much about internet business butā€¦ it seems to me a notification from a company on their server is easier to control than an email on another companies server. If the company makes an offer and chooses to retract it in six hours, it is easier to proffer it on your own website.
When Tesla states they will contact you, it seems reasonable that means on a medium you receive. Email certainly seems logical but they have chosen otherwise.

Regarding production rates, this will improve. Mr. Musk said there are 10,000 things that have to happen correctly for the assembly line to function smoothly. 10k may be conservative. As suppliers deliver on time, as employyee staffing reaches 100%, as workers and robots learn to turn right to reach first then pivot left second to install, the process will look like the Tango and weā€™ll all fall in love again. I think his estimates of 200k a year will likely be achieved by this time next year, not much sooner. After that we may see more units than that but politics and the economy will dictate just what production rates are prudent.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag

Jakub

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast Foundation Series
Country flag
If you hit update registration can you change your selection from say Myself to Myself and a company? I have been waiting to enter my registration info until I figure a few things out. I might put my truck under an LLC. I am still figuring those details out so have hesitated to put in my own registration info..

Last edited:
OP
OP
CactusPilot

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
If you hit update registration can you change your selection from say Myself to Myself and a company? I have been waiting to enter my registration info until I figure a few things out. I might put my truck under an LLC. I am still figuring those details out so have hesitated to put in my own registration info..
Here are the options under Registration

Tesla Cybertruck App Screenshots: once you've placed your Cybertruck order (not reservation) Screenshot_20231219_144323_Tesla

Jakub

First Name
Jakub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast Foundation Series
Country flag
Here are the options under Registration

Screenshot_20231219_144323_Tesla.jpg
I understand. i can see them. Question is if I select Myself and upload my DL, will I be able to then change my mind later (say a month later or once I get my VIN) and select "Myself and a company" before I pick up the truck?

OP
OP
CactusPilot

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
I understand. i can see them. Question is if I select Myself and upload my DL, will I be able to then change my mind later (say a month later or once I get my VIN) and select "Myself and a company" before I pick up the truck?
I'm not sure, and I don't want to steer (by-wire) šŸ˜€ you the wrong way. My guess would be you can change it before actual delivery.
You can call TESLA at 888-518-3752 to check.

OP
OP
CactusPilot

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
I did not see in your print screen the option to pay cashā€¦..what Is the formality for that??
Cash option is available. You can arrange money transfer like any other large transaction.. 888-518-3752
Tesla Cybertruck App Screenshots: once you've placed your Cybertruck order (not reservation) Screenshot_20231219_163018_Tesla

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag
Tesla doesnā€™t do financing they simply add some cost as a broker. Going directly to a credit union Will always be the best route
Although typically you are correct, in our case when we bought our Model 3 Tesla was working with US Bank and the interest rate with them was 0.5% less than the best credit union in our area with all other terms accounted for so shockingly we went with Tesla-sourced financing because it was actually a better bargain at the time. So be sure to do your homework. These days we live in bizzaro-land where anything can be the case, it would seem...

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Toyota Highlander
Country flag
I'm not sure, and I don't want to steer (by-wire) šŸ˜€ you the wrong way. My guess would be you can change it before actual delivery.
You can call TESLA at 888-518-3752 to check.
Probably shouldn't ever get on an airplane then...
Sponsored