Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
If there has been any discussion about music in this ride? I don’t recall seeing any but nonetheless. Production model will have something im sure.

Like many vehicles today, stock is changed with aftermarket speakers, subs, amps, head units and the like.
So many variables in this question but I throw it out for you wolves to feed. What sort of charge loss would even a low amp stock radio pull? Would it be enough to even think about it? More components, higher amps, are again variables but it’s gotta affect in some manner.
Im an idiot so educate me.

Luke after your last post, im kinda afraid of your answer!!! Ha
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The answer to questions like this is always the same: how much energy does the system use? If it takes 100 W on average (and it is important to use the average draw - not the peak) then it will use 100 Wh in an hour of operation. That's the energy required to go 100/500 = 0.2 miles. In a 5 hour trip you would lose 1 mile range.

OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
The answer to questions like this is always the same: how much energy does the system use? If it takes 100 W on average (and it is important to use the average draw - not the peak) then it will use 100 Wh in an hour of operation. That's the energy required to go 100/500 = 0.2 miles. In a 5 hour trip you would lose 1 mile range.
Thanks Aj
I didn’t think it would be much but far less than I was thinking.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The architecture of the sound system is immaterial. Somewhere within it are amplifiers that convert battery energy to accoustic energy. The battery energy taken for this purpose is not available for traction.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
The built in audio system in Tesla vehicles are a good system too. Like most high end upgrade systems on other vehicles.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
A bigger question in my mind is as to whether the CT will have an XM modem. The 3 does not.

Last edited:

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
SOOOOOOOOO. I WANT TO GET LOUD! I IMAGINE A BONFIRE/BEACH PARTY OPTIONAL SOUND SYSTEM WILL BE AVAILABLE. " NOW COME WITH ME DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE.>>>
Can they make those big flat pieces of Stainless Steel be speakers? I read a headline about making TV screens speakers....
I am NOT really a partier, but when I can hear the bass fifty feet away from some dirtbag's rust bucket. And he pulls up next to me at the light, I'd love to be able to flip a switch from "interior" to "EXTERIOR" speakers and have Hank explain how a country boy can survive to him while his car falls apart around because of the sound energy from my external speakers.
Or at the very least make him have to listen to my noise.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
The architecture of the sound system is immaterial. Somewhere within it are amplifiers that convert battery energy to accoustic energy. The battery energy taken for this purpose is not available for traction.
To be strictly pedantic the speakers are the component that converts battery energy to acoustic energy. ?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
SOOOOOOOOO. I WANT TO GET LOUD! I IMAGINE A BONFIRE/BEACH PARTY OPTIONAL SOUND SYSTEM WILL BE AVAILABLE. " NOW COME WITH ME DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE.>>>
Can they make those big flat pieces of Stainless Steel be speakers? I read a headline about making TV screens speakers....
I am NOT really a partier, but when I can hear the bass fifty feet away from some dirtbag's rust bucket. And he pulls up next to me at the light, I'd love to be able to flip a switch from "interior" to "EXTERIOR" speakers and have Hank explain how a country boy can survive to him while his car falls apart around because of the sound energy from my external speakers.
You could. The device is called a solid driver. You would have to add your own amp etc.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...EaiQsSFXKqkSuxoCuL8QAvD_BwE&lsft=BI:514&smp=y

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
To be strictly pedantic the speakers are the component that converts battery energy to acoustic energy. ?
To be strictly pedantic the speakers are transducers that convert the accoustic energy from electrical currents to sound pressure waves.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
You could. The device is called a solid driver. You would have to add your own amp etc.
If life has taught me anything it's that whenever I think I've seen it all, something will come along that I never would have anticipated. Amazing!

Anyway, this device is designed for the natural resonances of gyprock. Note that it requires an equalizer to notch out the normal modes of the wall board. A custom equalizer would be required for the normal modes of the stainless sheet to which the driver is mounted. If active the energy used by this device would also have to be deducted from energy available for traction though it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Luke I love your vision and I see the same rusty pos cars here. My house is on a busy, long road so I hear them coming and going a mile away. The only comfort I can find is knowing they will be deaf by 30.
The external speakers are brilliant and those boys will love Hank.
The addition I want to propose is a electronic cancellation wave “thing”that would completely melt and shut down their stereo. This way your “Hank” won’t have to be louder than theirs because you eliminated everything but you’re Hank.
Anyway I appreciate your
rage revenge.
Sponsored