Vehicles
RWD
Country flag
This is just me. But I think

(1) they will have a limit to manage traffic and charging opportunities
(2) to increase the limit they might "recommend" a best time to visit, so
(3) if your in that time window, you have the best chance of a Factory Tour
(4) and a linger lot for charging, stage shows and mixing after the tour

I'm guessing these invites will be sent out in an RSVP Invite, probably based on a ratio between existing owners; and reservations.. kind of prioritizing the oldest reservations first, as a kind of incentive or reward for hanging in there.

they can't convert email addresses into geographic locations easily, so there might be some weight given to owners based on the geography reported by their app; and especially based on reservation future owners address in their account.

April 7 is also on a Thursday, GigaBerlin was scheduled for a Saturday, due to the traffic jam it might cause and to maximize opportunities for invitees to attend; I would not be surprised to see the Invitations say Friday, April 8 or Saturday, April 9

April 1 was on a Friday.. which similarly looked odd, and since he reacted and moved it quickly, he probably thought it was a Saturday.. so I would bet its moved to Saturday, April 9

--

I would also not be surprised if Elon Invites the YouTubers he's promised to grant an interview a Tour or Meetup the day before at the Factory. It would make good synergy to build up Elon's mood and would probably encourage people like Rob Maurer of Tesla Daily, or Dave Lee of Austin to release videos.. even if only short clips just before the event.. and it would save them Travel expenses by combining events.. which is very Elon "considerate".

I hope Rob and Dave come to the "linger area" and run a stage show the next day.. maybe with Elon or Zack Kirkhorn?

Joe Scott, Tim Dodd, Ben Sullins and Zac and Jesse .. sure did find out how well liked they are when they attended the event at the Austin Speedway next door in February 2020.. it was standing room only and they had to move that event outside next to the Speedway.

I'd love to see a Reunion of the "Our Ludicrous Future" gang at the Tesla factory.

I'd also love to see Jordan with 'The Limiting Factor' and Drew Baglinio do a live stage interview.

---

Not to slight Gali with 'Hyperchange' and Ryan McCaffrey with the 'Ride the Lightning' shows.. but travel might be harder for them. Austin Bergstrom Airport is certainly "on the map".. if they could come maybe send them invites.. at the very least.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I suspect the reverse. The Berlin factory tour was a literal festival. I suspect this will be similar. “Factory Tours” were just literal open doors and herds of people wandering through the wide aisle in the factory looking at robots waving their arms.

Not a ton of people will be walking the full 3/4 mile length of the factory.

It’s going to be unbridled chaos. With meat.

jwillis84

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD
Country flag
You make a good case.. for why it will be different this time.

They are also much closer to commencing production, and will likely have a lot more equipment to show off.. and that will be more dangerous to be around.

I hope they open "more doors" and either let you drive to different parts of the factory.. or shuttle people about.. but I tend to think that would be overly complicated.

Stage shows.. run by Youtubers we know and trust based on their years of content.. and interacting with big names in the Tesla company are more likely to entertain and satisfy peoples curiosity.. and turn into favorable News clips.. its also a lot more static.. for people who don't want to walk the Marathon Mile. You can also quickly stage the food trucks near by.

I think some people might just do the tour and leave, but having a linger lot.. and stage shows after might draw a larger crowd that didn't' just come to walk the factory.

At the February event at the Speedway.. the outdoor Stage was constantly occupied by Music while people milled around the cars and attended the smaller indoor Stage Interviews.. but when it literally 'Blew Up' with the Our Ludicrous Future guys getting together they had to re-think and move it outside and let that take center stage.

I think something like that would happen again.. its sort of the Austin way.

Come for the Music.. stay for the Show.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The factory is absolutely massive and absolutely underutilized right now. There is a massive amount of space inside the factory for them to put on a dog-and-pony show for lookie loos with safety cages and fences the way they did Berlin.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
If someone here with a QUALITY camera makes it to the festival, we need to make sure to send them with a list of CT items to get photos of... in high resolution and in focus.

Like tire size, interior details, details of the bed, wheel well, top edge of the windshield, etc.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If someone here with a QUALITY camera makes it to the festival, we need to make sure to send them with a list of CT items to get photos of... in high resolution and in focus.

Like tire size, interior details, details of the bed, wheel well, top edge of the windshield, etc.
Give me a list.

I’ll make sure I bring my best potato. That way I can stand pretty far back and no one will suspect I’m taking pictures for y’all.
Sponsored