Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I wonder what cybertruck solar cover looks like. Because that is news...

The tent seems hard to visualise and see how it mounted to the vehicle. I wonder at what height the bed is mounted given the tight dimensions of the bed.
haha, remeber this? Here we go!
Tesla Cybertruck "BEAST MODE" Confirmed! 🦾 1701224892746
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
haha, remeber this? Here we go!
1701224892746.png
Yeah I do! So many grand design ideas floating around. I remember talking about having tracking by using summon mode to turn the car in an arc to follow the sun, and use the suspension to lean into the sun. :cool:

But solar "cover" intrigues me. Is it like a solar blanket you fold over it by hand, or is it a hardcover shell that you install on the roof, that can be folded up for the right angle? What it does mean though, is that somewhere in the CT there must be a terminal to accept solar panels to distribute charge to the batteries. Either an actual MPPT controller or a just a simple connection point to which a MPPT must be connected.

Either way it means that external, even third party solar options (maybe even a DC generator range extender) will have an easy way to connect power to the CT sub sysytems and get it into the pack. This is great news, I hope it's a fairly capable high power input that can handle a few kWs.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Yeah I do! So many grand design ideas floating around. I remember talking about having tracking by using summon mode to turn the car in an arc to follow the sun, and use the suspension to lean into the sun. :cool:

But solar "cover" intrigues me. Is it like a solar blanket you fold over it by hand, or is it a hardcover shell that you install on the roof, that can be folded up for the right angle? What it does mean though, is that somewhere in the CT there must be a terminal to accept solar panels to distribute charge to the batteries. Either an actual MPPT controller or a just a simple connection point to which a MPPT must be connected.

Either way it means that external, even third party solar options (maybe even a DC generator range extender) will have an easy way to connect power to the CT sub sysytems and get it into the pack. This is great news, I hope it's a fairly capable high power input that can handle a few kWs.
My first thought when reading "cover" was something that would cover the vault, didn't even think of a flexible cover. It'll be interesting. I'm just glad to be moving from speculation to confirmation on many important points.

I've always been a big proponent for the integrated solar idea, however they decided to do it. I had given up hope for one since there was no leaks, news, anything on it after Elon said that the truck would have a solar option. Just assumed it was a dead idea, glad I was wrong!

Variable556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, Escape
Country flag
What it does mean though, is that somewhere in the CT there must be a terminal to accept solar panels to distribute charge to the batteries. Either an actual MPPT controller or a just a simple connection point to which a MPPT must be connected.

🤞🙏🤞

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
“Beast Mode is expected to feature a more powerful battery…”
Where does the text come from? Is it also decompiled directly from the app or is this the decompiler’s (author’s) inference/ad lib? If the former, do we suspect that this indicates at deviation in pack size (larger) or just a more powerful discharge rate to support “Beast Mode” acceleration?

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Dang Tesla is gonna get my money after all.

Any speculation on what battery efficiency is offered? Via software unlock?

Edit: oh fine I’ll just wait a day.

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
Where does the text come from? Is it also decompiled directly from the app or is this the decompiler’s (author’s) inference/ad lib? If the former, do we suspect that this indicates at deviation in pack size (larger) or just a more powerful discharge rate to support “Beast Mode” acceleration?
I'm not sure where the text comes from. Probably some of the authors thoughts.

If there is one pack, like we have been talking about, I would assume its done by allowing a higher discharge rate. I'm thinking the tri motor was needed to handle the higher discharge rate and resulting power output.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The pack is already known to be significantly larger already, so the discharge rate per unit of capacity will be less than a Plaid for example. If you increase the pack size you already are increasing the pack peak power, even if the per cell discharge rate is the same. e.g. a 25% larger pack gives you 25% higher discharge power even though the battery cells individually are the same. So roughly, if the same discharge cell rate as the Plaid, a 125kWh CT pack could do 1300hp.

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
The pack is already known to be significantly larger already, so the discharge rate per unit of capacity will be less than a Plaid for example. If you increase the pack size you already are increasing the pack peak power, even if the per cell discharge rate is the same. e.g. a 25% larger pack gives you 25% higher discharge power even though the battery cells individually are the same. So roughly, if the same discharge cell rate as the Plaid, a 125kWh CT pack could do 1300hp.
With that same logic though, a larger kWh pack for the Beast/Tri would equate to both a higher discharge rate and more power (capacity). More importantly does the language come from the app or is that language someone’s “educated guess”? If it’s the latter then it’s just more speculation and I/we can take it for what it’s worth.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
With that same logic though, a larger kWh pack for the Beast/Tri would equate to both a higher discharge rate and more power (capacity). More importantly does the language come from the app or is that language someone’s “educated guess”? If it’s the latter then it’s just more speculation and I/we can take it for what it’s worth.
Physics becomes a problem at that stage, because you can't put the power down on the tyre contact patch before it slips.

More horsepower from a high power level discharge, does not miraculously improve traction.

Plaid is traction limited, it doesn't put down full power until somewhere in the 70-80mph range.

That will be the same, if not worse a problem with the CT, in that the "Beast Mode" might have enough HP, and enough battery discharge capacity to drive those hp, but it will likely have proportionally less traction than a Plaid, due to vehicle height, clearance and downforce.

We don't need Tesla to confirm this, it's just the way it is, hence also why EM comments that they are "trying" to get it under 3seconds to 60mph. The problem is traction at that point. Even F1 is around the 2 second mark, and they have heaps of traction through super sticky slick and hot tyres, and so much aerodynamic downforce they can drive on a upside down road.

If you find a better tyre, or method to improve traction, only then will the hp increase, and the discharge rate become an issue on the larger CT pack.

Last edited:

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Physics becomes a problem at that stage, because you can't put the power down on the tyre contact patch before it slips.

More horsepower from a high power level discharge, does not miraculously improve traction.

Plaid is traction limited, it doesn't put down full power until somewhere in the 70-80mph range.

That will be the same, if not worse a problem with the CT, in that the "Beast Mode" might have enough HP, and enough battery discharge capacity to drive those hp, but it will likely have proportionally less traction than a Plaid, due to vehicle height, clearance and downforce.

We don't need Tesla to confirm this, it's just the way it is, hence also why EM comments that they are "trying" to get it under 3seconds to 60mph. The problem is traction at that point. Even F1 is around the 2 second mark, and they have heaps of traction through super sticky slick and hot tyres, and so much aerodynamic downforce they can drive on a upside down road.

If you find a better tyre, or method to improve traction, only then will the hp increase, and the discharge rate become an issue.
I follow and align with you here but I think we are ultimately discussing different things. My original and intended line of commentary surrounds the claim made by the “decompile leak” stating “Beast Mode is expected to feature a more powerful battery”. I’m erring on the side of this being speculation on the authors part and not text directly from app code/decompiling given that it says “expected” but was curious nonetheless.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I follow and align with you here but I think we are ultimately discussing different things. My original and intended line of commentary surrounds the claim made by the “decompile leak” stating “Beast Mode is expected to feature a more powerful battery”. I’m erring on the side of this being speculation on the authors part and not text directly from app code/decompiling given that it says “expected” but was curious nonetheless.
Right. Sorry I missed that point.

There is a possibility that the battery testing and grading process might produce cells with different specifications, and if so and assembled accordingly, might result in different "more powerful" packs. But in this context I think the wording is not from Tesla but from the poster.

alcstarheel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few
Country flag
https://teslaappupdates.com/articles/article.html?version=4.27.3

Version 4.27.3 De-compile
Cybertruck tent called Base Camp 3D assets
Tesla's Base Camp is an innovative accessory designed specifically for the Cybertruck, enhancing its functionality as an adventurous and versatile vehicle. This unique tent attachment transforms the Cybertruck into a mobile campsite, seamlessly integrating with the vehicle's robust design. The highlight of Base Camp is its inclusion of a comfortable mattress, ensuring a cozy and convenient camping experience. Designed to withstand various weather conditions, the Base Camp tent extends the Cybertruck's utility beyond transportation, making it an ideal choice for outdoor enthusiasts who value comfort and efficiency in their adventures.
basecamp1.jpg
basecamp2.png
basecamp3.jpg
basecamp4.jpg
Midgate confirmed 😏
Sponsored