Thatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I have the same fitment issue....added to my list of delivery issues to be addressed. More to follow.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It looks like the handle for my bed divider broke. How do I file a warranty claim with Tesla? I took it to the service center and they told me they can't do anything. I've tried calling 877-798-3752 but that didn't have a warranty option and I was left on hold for so long I hung up.

I tried emailing [email protected] and haven't heard anything back.

It feels very disappointing to pay so much for a product that breaks.

1711583386599-1k.png

1711583405386-75.png

1711583414458-zk.png
There have been several people that warned against being a ‘blunt instrument’ with these locks.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I'm just going by input on this forum as have never yet been in a Tesla Service Center, but besides very friendly people during delivery when an answer is needed it doesn't seem one is ever supplied.

I'm from the Heartland but here dealers are often family owned over the generations and very active in community. If they do bad business they don't survive. Based on feedback on this forum Tesla SC's would not survive.

What are your great experiences that have you like this approach better? I need to hear for some reassurance.
Fortunately most everything about Tesla ownership is great, but not everything.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm just going by input on this forum as have never yet been in a Tesla Service Center, but besides very friendly people during delivery when an answer is needed it doesn't seem one is ever supplied.

I'm from the Heartland but here dealers are often family owned over the generations and very active in community. If they do bad business they don't survive. Based on feedback on this forum Tesla SC's would not survive.

What are your great experiences that have you like this approach better? I need to hear for some reassurance.
We have 3, 6-year-old Model 3's. The Service Centers are very reluctant to do any work that is going to cost you money if the car doesn't need it. I asked them to do a brake fluid flush and cooling system flush, according to the schedule published when the Model 3 was released. expecting to pay the normal rates for it, and they told me their data indicated it wasn't needed for cars in most areas of the country, mine included, unless they had been on a race track or the brakes had been used hard and often. A regular dealership would have welcomed me with open arms, whether they thought it needed it or not because the service bays are a huge profit center for them.

Another time I damaged the fiber under fairing by off-roading the previous summer and driving over frozen snow plow debris chuinks left where my driveway meets the road. I knew it was damaged, because I could see it hanging down but I ignored it. It finally started flapping under the car and ripped off as I hit 145 mph one day. So, when I was taking my car in to get a free hardware upgrade to my FSD computer board, I asked them to replace the underfairing. I didn't ask how much it would cost, but assumed around $200, hoping it wasn't going to be $300. When I came to pick the car up, the Service Advisor handed me my key card back and told me to have a good day (with a very genuine smile). I told her they had replaced a damaged underfairing and she said she was aware, they had replaced it free of charge and to have a nice day.

Another time I was in for a warranty recall and I mentioned that during the winter I was doing daily trips to the ski area through an unusual weather pattern. Every day I drove through inches of thick, wet slush, and every night it would freeze around the wheel wells. By the fourth day of this the wheels had to constantly wear away the frozen slush, the wheel wells had become completely packed with hard ice. I noticed the left front quarter panel was bent out, from the expansion of the slush as it froze each night. I realized I should have cleared out the slush with a hose before it froze solid each night.

I told them I thought it could be fixed by removing the wheel well, loosening the bolts that must exist to hold the rear of the front quarter panel to the chassis and pushing the rear edge of the quarter panel back in before tighting the bolts again. They repaired it for free, with a smile. It looked perfect to me, but they told me they couldn't get it quite perfect, that would require a new quarter panel. I told them thanks, and that it looked great!

Between our three cars, I think Mobile Service has come three times to our house to perform things like preventative wiring harness replacement (to address a known issue where opening and closing the trunk enough times over the years caused a particular spot of the cable to abrade), check seat belt retaining bolts for torque, and the like. Nothing that I was aware that was a fault (unless I read about the recall) but if Tesla wants to work on my car for free, I assume there is a good reason for it. None of these visits resulted in any inconvenience or charges, and all the service techs seems competent and trustworthy and like they enjoyed the work they do.

Basically, my impression is that Service Centers don't exist to get into your wallet, they exist to support the cars Tesla makes, and address any issues they might discover over time. In my opinion, it's a wonderful thing to not feel like I have to guard them from getting into my wallet and to have competent technicians to fix problems pro-actively.

I almost forgot, during one of the above visits to a Service Center, they told me the technician noticed the health of my 12V battery was marginal and they replaced it free under warranty before any signs of failure showed up. I had no idea it was failing. After 6 years, neither me or my wife has paid for a 12V battery. Maybe my wife's battery is still original, I haven't bothered to look, I just know it's never caused a problem.

I did pay them to do a 4-wheel alignment on a used Model 3 I had just purchased because it had very uneven tire wear (must have smashed a curb, all wheels had heavy wheel rash). They did it quickly, sent me a copy of the before and after specs, the car drove wonderfully, very different from when I brought it in, and the efficiency climbed dramatically. The cost was very reasonable, and they have never found anything additional to add to the service for extra revenue.

I do wish they would open a service center up that's closer, I live in a small town, pretty rural, and it's a 50-minute drive to the nearest Service Center. That will come as Tesla continues to grow sales. When we bought our first Model 3, my current service center didn't exist, I had to drive another 20 minutes further.

Maybe I get good service because I'm a non-demanding, low-key person who isn't petty and respects their time and expertise. I always make sure my car is clean and nice looking, inside and out, to make their work easier.

Strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Holdens, Mach-e, Bronco
Country flag
We have 3, 6-year-old Model 3's. The Service Centers are very reluctant to do any work that is going to cost you money if the car doesn't need it. I asked them to do a brake fluid flush and cooling system flush, according to the schedule published when the Model 3 was released. expecting to pay the normal rates for it, and they told me their data indicated it wasn't needed for cars in most areas of the country, mine included, unless they had been on a race track or the brakes had been used hard and often. A regular dealership would have welcomed me with open arms, whether they thought it needed it or not because the service bays are a huge profit center for them.

Another time I damaged the fiber under fairing by off-roading the previous summer and driving over frozen snow plow debris chuinks left where my driveway meets the road. I knew it was damaged, because I could see it hanging down but I ignored it. It finally started flapping under the car and ripped off as I hit 145 mph one day. So, when I was taking my car in to get a free hardware upgrade to my FSD computer board, I asked them to replace the underfairing. I didn't ask how much it would cost, but assumed around $200, hoping it wasn't going to be $300. When I came to pick the car up, the Service Advisor handed me my key card back and told me to have a good day (with a very genuine smile). I told her they had replaced a damaged underfairing and she said she was aware, they had replaced it free of charge and to have a nice day.

Another time I was in for a warranty recall and I mentioned that during the winter I was doing daily trips to the ski area through an unusual weather pattern. Every day I drove through inches of thick, wet slush, and every night it would freeze around the wheel wells. By the fourth day of this the wheels had to constantly wear away the frozen slush, the wheel wells had become completely packed with hard ice. I noticed the left front quarter panel was bent out, from the expansion of the slush as it froze each night. I realized I should have cleared out the slush with a hose before it froze solid each night.

I told them I thought it could be fixed by removing the wheel well, loosening the bolts that must exist to hold the rear of the front quarter panel to the chassis and pushing the rear edge of the quarter panel back in before tighting the bolts again. They repaired it for free, with a smile. It looked perfect to me, but they told me they couldn't get it quite perfect, that would require a new quarter panel. I told them thanks, and that it looked great!

Between our three cars, I think Mobile Service has come three times to our house to perform things like preventative wiring harness replacement (to address a known issue where opening and closing the trunk enough times over the years caused a particular spot of the cable to abrade), check seat belt retaining bolts for torque, and the like. Nothing that I was aware that was a fault (unless I read about the recall) but if Tesla wants to work on my car for free, I assume there is a good reason for it. None of these visits resulted in any inconvenience or charges, and all the service techs seems competent and trustworthy and like they enjoyed the work they do.

Basically, my impression is that Service Centers don't exist to get into your wallet, they exist to support the cars Tesla makes, and address any issues they might discover over time. In my opinion, it's a wonderful thing to not feel like I have to guard them from getting into my wallet and to have competent technicians to fix problems pro-actively.

I almost forgot, during one of the above visits to a Service Center, they told me the technician noticed the health of my 12V battery was marginal and they replaced it free under warranty before any signs of failure showed up. I had no idea it was failing. After 6 years, neither me or my wife has paid for a 12V battery. Maybe my wife's battery is still original, I haven't bothered to look, I just know it's never caused a problem.

I did pay them to do a 4-wheel alignment on a used Model 3 I had just purchased because it had very uneven tire wear (must have smashed a curb, all wheels had heavy wheel rash). They did it quickly, sent me a copy of the before and after specs, the car drove wonderfully, very different from when I brought it in, and the efficiency climbed dramatically. The cost was very reasonable, and they have never found anything additional to add to the service for extra revenue.

I do wish they would open a service center up that's closer, I live in a small town, pretty rural, and it's a 50-minute drive to the nearest Service Center. That will come as Tesla continues to grow sales. When we bought our first Model 3, my current service center didn't exist, I had to drive another 20 minutes further.

Maybe I get good service because I'm a non-demanding, low-key person who isn't petty and respects their time and expertise. I always make sure my car is clean and nice looking, inside and out, to make their work easier.
Great to hear, that is way different than most of the feedback I have seen on the forum.

gtlimer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck, 2022 MYP, 2022 MSP, 2020 Audi R8
Occupation
Entrepreneur, Multi-Business Owner, Angel Investor
Country flag
It looks like the handle for my bed divider broke. How do I file a warranty claim with Tesla? I took it to the service center and they told me they can't do anything. I've tried calling 877-798-3752 but that didn't have a warranty option and I was left on hold for so long I hung up.

I tried emailing [email protected] and haven't heard anything back.

It feels very disappointing to pay so much for a product that breaks.

1711583386599-1k.png

1711583405386-75.png

1711583414458-zk.png
@crashoverride Email [email protected] with your order number and from the email address associated with your account. Send them the pictures and explain the problem. Wait a few days for a resolution. A caseid will be assigned and you’ll get a reply.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
crashoverride

crashoverride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck CyberBeast
Country flag
@crashoverride Email [email protected] with your order number and from the email address associated with your account. Send them the pictures and explain the problem. Wait a few days for a resolution. A caseid will be assigned and you’ll get a reply.

Best of luck.
THANK YOU!!!

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Any luck yet with this? I’ve been handling my divider gingerly…
Another thought ion this. Did you all happen to purchase the divider with an AMEX or any other card that offers purchase protection?

OP
OP
crashoverride

crashoverride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Cybertruck CyberBeast
Country flag
I heard back from Tesla on this two days ago. They reached out via email and they are replacing it! It should get here in a couple of days, then I send the old one back. They're paying shipping both ways.

While it feels like it took a while, it's nice to see they are taking care of me and standing behind their product.