Before Tesla's EVs there were Many ICE Vehicle Makers.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ref: Before Hot Wheels, There Was Matchbox - The News Wheel

The writing is on the wall. The way of the Dodo is for most ICE vehicle companies to take. If you do not believe this hypothesis have a look at history here in. Yes, things can change in a big way really fast. In the late sixties I was the perfect young "client" for Hot Wheels toys. The day my father gave me an Hot Wheel toy, I never looked back at my Matchbox toys. Now I just have bigger toys!

Inspiration for this thread is here: The Toys That Built America: Season 1, Episode 3 - Rotten Tomatoes

Extract:

A young machinist in England invents one of the world's most successful toys when he creates a toy car small enough to fit inside a matchbox for his daughter to take to school; Elliot Handler creates one of the biggest toy rivalries in history.
  • Genres: Network: History Documentary, History
  • Air Date: Dec 12, 2021
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There are likely to be more automakers than just Tesla.

I’m sure many will be gone, but likely not all. If nothing else it’ll be a weird mix of Tesla, VW, and Chinese companies.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are likely to be more automakers than just Tesla.

I’m sure many will be gone, but likely not all. If nothing else it’ll be a weird mix of Tesla, VW, and Chinese companies.
You are right. See here someone agreeing with you, while adding Ford. EPIC New Elon Musk Interview, Big Praise From Industry TITAN - YouTube At about 32mins in the video...

BTY, Bob Lotz is making some very good text comments about Tesla in the video.

He was at GM leading the Chevy Volt development, but GM did not continue (my main driver is a Chevy Volt). He also was involved with the V10 Viper based on the RAM V10 8L engine installed in the RAM 2500. I have a 1998 V10 RAM 2500 truck. I guess Bob is my uncle... Bob Lutz Reveals Main Reason Behind Chevy Volt: Video (insideevs.com)

VW, Ford and China.png
Sponsored

Last edited: