larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For the price of a Bollinger you could buy a CT and 2 Apteras!
I have changed my mind and think a better use of $125K would be a top of the line CT and Aptera and a set of solar panels and a Powerwall. I might just get off the grid since you can charge the Aptera from the CT and visa versa.
Sponsored

Beyond

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Austin Model Y LR, Subie Fozzie & Cybertruck day1
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have changed my mind and think a better use of $125K would be a top of the line CT and Aptera and a set of solar panels and a Powerwall. I might just get off the grid since you can charge the Aptera from the CT and visa versa.
What's drop dead hilarious is a certain very popular EV channel with the initials TE has continually heaped love on the looks of the Bollinger and absolute hate on the looks and pretty much every other aspect of the Cybertruck. Lately Ford and GM seem to be the object of their affection. Hmm...

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Anybody can compete, it's a huge market out there with millions of buyers, and there are buyers for just about any product you can make. Sorry to see Bollinger dippin' out of consumer trucks, oh well. I thought their truck was pretty badass looking, and 19,000 units is nothing to scoff at. They had put together a nice package, I wish them well. Maybe down the road it'll pop back up.
No, not anyone can compete. You make it sound so easy.

And don't delude yourself, the Bollinger is not going to "pop back up" as an actual consumer truck. At best, a scammer might resurrect the idea to make some quick bucks, but the Bollinger will never exist as a real production truck you can actually buy.

Don't be fooled.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

And don't delude yourself, the Bollinger is not going to "pop back up" as an actual consumer truck. At best, a scammer might resurrect the idea to make some quick bucks, but the Bollinger will never exist as a real production truck you can actually buy.

Don't be fooled.
They are talking about shifting to Class 3 & 4 trucks which was always part of their plan, but is now the only plan.

Unlike some of the other companies I think Bollinger is on the level, they just didn’t expect the consumer space to fill up with expensive alternatives as quickly as it did. They moved too slowly. Indies needed to be selling trucks last year to enter the market with any chance of success.

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag

Don't be fooled.
So true. I hate to be negative. As far as I am aware they have no real IP or advantage or network. They could have survived as a niche product. They are a goner.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

Don't be fooled.
Never say never.
Sponsored