LexusCyber

First Name
Marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LS460 AWD V8
Country flag
Awesome LIKES & DISLIKES list ... honest and to the point... congratulations!

the one point I am stuck on still : you say the sound is great and I want to believe you :) . yet I was a bit disappointed when I tested in an in-store CT unit the audio system and compared it with the audio I have on my Lexus LS460 2015... the sound was muffled of sorts... played with the settings and still weird... I can't wait to do a test drive with a production CT.. if anyone from the Seattle area is open to show me their CT I'll gladly by them lunch...
Sponsored

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Awesome LIKES & DISLIKES list ... honest and to the point... congratulations!

the one point I am stuck on still : you say the sound is great and I want to believe you :) . yet I was a bit disappointed when I tested in an in-store CT unit the audio system and compared it with the audio I have on my Lexus LS460 2015... the sound was muffled of sorts... played with the settings and still weird... I can't wait to do a test drive with a production CT.. if anyone from the Seattle area is open to show me their CT I'll gladly by them lunch...
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the video.

The sound system is amazing. I don’t know how it sounded for you nor the system in your Lexus but I have installed many sound systems in many cars and actually contemplated opening my own shop so I think I have a decent understanding of how a quality system sounds. With all of that being said I think the CTs sound system sounds amazing for a stock system and is probably better than some aftermarket systems. Now I’m sure there are a lot of systems out there that will blow it out of the water but for most people this will be the best car sound system that they’ll ever hear.

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
Thanks Eric! Very informative video. I agree with you on the pricing. The car market is still at highly inflated pricing and needs to come down to more affordable levels. Hopefully that will be the case by the time my CT is ready and like you said, when all the bugs and needs are worked out and make this Awesome truck even better.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
I really don’t understand why they didn’t put a 360 camera and a screen in the rear view mirror. Seats are really comfortable but as a taller person I’d like more thigh support. They do tilt up but I’d like an overall higher seating position overall. I get it that there isn’t enough headroom for this 🤷🏻‍♂️
I thought there was a rumor that the 360 deg camera was coming this summer in an update. Am I smoking crack (again….)?

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Thanks Eric! Very informative video. I agree with you on the pricing. The car market is still at highly inflated pricing and needs to come down to more affordable levels. Hopefully that will be the case by the time my CT is ready and like you said, when all the bugs and needs are worked out and make this Awesome truck even better.
It really is an amazing truck but like everything else there are some improvements that need to be had

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Thanks for the honest review. You covered most of my gripes, but I'm still waiting for my Beast VIN so I may have more..

FYI the garage door opener work around is to install a myQ smart garage door opener to your current garage door (newer models are integrated). You then can open and close your garage using your phone. Sadly the onscreen myQ option requires a subscription.

You can even make a "routine" on your phone to open the garage door as you arrive home..

Make a video on how to do this on your channel for more hits.

PS hope you read my comment on your thread regarding the side swipe, which was: Don't forget to go file a Residual Depreciation Value claim on your truck.

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
It really is an amazing truck but like everything else there are some improvements that need to be had
So far Tesla has been listening to it’s customers on what needs to be improved and/or added, so it’s just a matter of time.

thedownwardmachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 MSP, stalks ftw
Country flag
Great video. DIdn't I tell you the sideswipe wasn't a big deal? 😁 Did the person hit you because they were distracted by the Cybertruck or what?

You raise an interesting point about the truck being overpriced right now at $100k. I couldn't tell if you're talking about $80k AWD plus $20k FS upcharge, or $100k for Cyberbeast. But either way, this truck competes with the Raptor R and Ram TRX in terms of performance, capability, and work suitability. True petrol heads may not cross shop them, but functionally they are pretty close. Autotrader shows TRXs for $125k-200k, and Raptor Rs at $133k-$150k. So I propose that the Cybertruck, even the Cyberbeast with the Foundation Series upcharge, is a bargain by comparison.

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Great video. DIdn't I tell you the sideswipe wasn't a big deal? 😁 Did the person hit you because they were distracted by the Cybertruck or what?

You raise an interesting point about the truck being overpriced right now at $100k. I couldn't tell if you're talking about $80k AWD plus $20k FS upcharge, or $100k for Cyberbeast. But either way, this truck competes with the Raptor R and Ram TRX in terms of performance, capability, and work suitability. True petrol heads may not cross shop them, but functionally they are pretty close. Autotrader shows TRXs for $125k-200k, and Raptor Rs at $133k-$150k. So I propose that the Cybertruck, even the Cyberbeast with the Foundation Series upcharge, is a bargain by comparison.
You are 100% correct that when compared to those trucks it is well worth the money. I have no issue with the price, given that I purchased a CT. But I do think that there are a lot of features missing currently so it’s hard to sell an average buyer to make the plunge. Now I have driven trucks for years and actually use my trucks for truck things so I definitely appreciate the CTs capabilities and believe it is worth the price. I strongly believe in 6-12 months once more features get pushed to the CT and once they fine tune the battery this will be one of the if not best truck on the market.

Thanks for watching and commenting. I truly appreciate it!

OP
OP
ButterEV

ButterEV

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Thanks for the honest review. You covered most of my gripes, but I'm still waiting for my Beast VIN so I may have more..

FYI the garage door opener work around is to install a myQ smart garage door opener to your current garage door (newer models are integrated). You then can open and close your garage using your phone. Sadly the onscreen myQ option requires a subscription.

You can even make a "routine" on your phone to open the garage door as you arrive home..

Make a video on how to do this on your channel for more hits.

PS hope you read my comment on your thread regarding the side swipe, which was: Don't forget to go file a Residual Depreciation Value claim on your truck.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m going to look into this but really at $100k they should just have a regular garage door opener inside the truck why should someone have to go buy another accessory? 🤦🏻‍♂️

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m going to look into this but really at $100k they should just have a regular garage door opener inside the truck why should someone have to go buy another accessory? 🤦🏻‍♂️
Yeah, I hear you. My 2018 Model 3P came with the garage opener installed, my wife's 2022 Model Y didn't..we had the option to purchase the part from TESLA and have it installed, but I went with the route mentioned above.
Sponsored

Last edited: