Called Tesla Delivery Rep, asked about pickup in Texas to expedite delivery

rodx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Hey all.

Called Tesla support (3752 number) to ask if I can pickup in Texas or be placed on a list to pickup in Texas instead of waiting for it to be transited to CA, where it would be registered.

Rep put me on hold to double check, stated that all other Teslas must be picked up in the state it’s registering in, but Cybertruck may be different. After waiting for a few minutes he did come back to confirm I must accept delivery in the state it’ll be registered in.

When asked if he can see my delivery window at all, he stated no, he could not. And whatever window I saw during my ordering phase is “probably handled by the Cybertruck specific team” but on his end there is no window at all shown.

Maybe this news can put some of those threads to rest about whether or not reps can see our delivery times, etc…

To add on top of this, a week after placing my order for the AWD, I went into the Tesla store at UTC (San Diego) to see if they still had the truck on display (they did not) but I asked the rep if he can tell me anything about my order and the rep essentially shared the same message this delivery support rep did. They can only see the same info we see right now.
Sponsored

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
The information about delivery location seems incorrect. There are a lot of people picking up new teslas in a different state than the registration state. Alaska being a prime example of this. We can opt to have the new tesla barged up to Anchorage, but many people have been choosing to pick up in Seattle instead.

Also what about the people buying teslas in states where delivery is not allowed? I thought this was a common issue that tesla is accommodating.

Seems like it depends on the state, and that the rep's blanket statement that "teslas must be delivered to the state they're registered in" is false, in some cases.

Unless something changed?

I know this doesn't help in your quest to pick up in Texas. Don't worry! You'll get your truck soon enough. :)

OP
OP
rodx

rodx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Yeah that’s true. Maybe he was mostly speaking in the context of California, specifically, as he was located here and the topic was regarding this state.

pat11215

First Name
pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
The information about delivery location seems incorrect. There are a lot of people picking up new teslas in a different state than the registration state. Alaska being a prime example of this. We can opt to have the new tesla barged up to Anchorage, but many people have been choosing to pick up in Seattle instead.

Also what about the people buying teslas in states where delivery is not allowed? I thought this was a common issue that tesla is accommodating.

Seems like it depends on the state, and that the rep's blanket statement that "teslas must be delivered to the state they're registered in" is false, in some cases.

Unless something changed?

I know this doesn't help in your quest to pick up in Texas. Don't worry! You'll get your truck soon enough. :)
New York State makes you pick only in New York. Blue states are tax greedy and impose many restrictions.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Pickup location is a PITA for Tesla. They've got to work with those stupid states that have stupid dealer PAC designed bills meant to restrict Tesla from doing business. And Texas is one of them.

Generally you are only able to pickup in the state that you are registered in unless that state doesn't allow Tesla to deliver to you, in which case a nearby location is used and you have to travel to it.

Tesla uses local companies to do the vehicle registrations for the state and they just don't know how to do it for other states.

There are a few people that have managed to get addresses in California in the past to pickup Model 3s and Model Ys, but basically Tesla doesn't know about it.

And because it's CA, there are probably some state laws to keep you from doing so, to keep you from evading CARB standards.

But most importantly, I'm pretty sure that there is no way that they would even contemplate changing a CA reservation to TX, because it would honestly be pretty dumb to do so.

TX and CA are both listed as initial delivery states. There shouldn't be much difference.

I'm in Georgia, I'm the one that isn't in an initial delivery state, but I am configured now.
Sponsored