Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
had Ford, Toyota, Honda, Audi, Lexus and of course Cybertruck
Country flag
Ya great idea!!!
Thanks!!
So when did you order anyway? I see you joined about a month ago. I made my order just a week ago. entered my order number into a spreadsheet and told possibly be 22 month after delivery starts -- that'd mean sometime in 2023:cry:
Sponsored

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
So when did you order anyway? I see you joined about a month ago. I made my order just a week ago. entered my order number into a spreadsheet and told possibly be 22 month after delivery starts -- that'd mean sometime in 2023:cry:
Don’t get caught up with having it in your hands right away. It’s all good. Savor it. Unless you have some shares? so, if not, Enjoy saving and making your payments as less as possible when the day comes. Remember to take into consideration there will be some options.?

JonathanD1981

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 model S75 and 2018 model 3 LR
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
All us Californians got priority so far, pretty sure Texans will be at the front of the line for Cybertruck. No part of me wants a low Vin number with such a new platform tho

Last edited:

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
All us California got priority so far, pretty sure Texans will be at the front of the line for Cybertruck. No part of me wants a low Vin number with such a new platform tho
I have a strong feeling production would be able to handle Texas and Cali at he same time. Anyone? Is this possible? Hey AJ!! Typope. What do you think?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I cancelled my Model Y LR+FSD reservation before the pandemic because I didn’t want to own it and then have to sell it when the CT comes out, and I have dogs so leasing it wouldn’t be viable. Now we are hearing of paint and manufacturing issues with the MY and of course you are right about the pandemic. What happens with the early CTs if they have manufacturing issues? People will bail on their reservations. So the future is a blank slate. I would love a number in the 75,000 range instead of 275,000 but we’ll see what happens.

Nep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I would want to swap or buy the earliest reservation if anyone is willing to do so. I ordered earlier this month. Please message me.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Good point, jonathan.
Historically (not just tesla) first gen products have MANY more problems.
I'm fine with having a date a year or so past launch.
Hopefully any issues are buffed out by then.:alien:

LoreZyra

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
RichieBartlett.com
Vehicles
CyberTruck tri-motor
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
If you read the terms of the Pre-Order contract, you would know on page 2 that resellers are not permitted. You cannot sell your pre-order.

https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?redirect=no&country=US&model_code=mp

No Resellers; Discontinuation; Cancellation. Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise been made in bad faith. We may also cancel your pre-order and refund your Pre-Order Payment if we discontinue a product, feature or option after the time you place your pre-order or if we determine that you are acting in bad faith.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
I sold my low Model 3 preorder number on ebay for $3000. (making 2k when you take into account the 1k preorder cost.)

They buyer then logged into my account and configured what he wanted and paid the deposit.

Tesla refused to let the ebay buyer update the phone number on record for the account. So after Tesla calling me on the phone 3 times they figured out he purchased the preorder. Tesla canceled the order and kept both the $1000 and initial deposit.

I did not refund the buyer for the failed transaction as it wasn't my fault that 3 months after the car was configured the order was canceled. I told the person who I sold the pre-order to several times he needed to call Tesla and update the phone number on the order, but they did not.

I wish I had the model 3 myself. But I didn't want to spend more the the 28k$ price that was ininital promised the car would cost after rebate. I normally don't spend a lot on money on cars, I'm on my 3rd Honda civic. I didn't want to spend 40k. Plus I wasn't happy about how the dash looked. After sitting in the car at the dealership, I went ahead and sold my preorder without regrets.

Now I'm lucky enough to have CyberTruck preorder in ~500 position in line for the 50k dual engine. Being several years later, I now can afford the the more expensive Tesla. I wanted the single engine, but waiting an extra year seems unreasonable since I need the truck today.

I would advice you to read the rules and please know Tesla will keep your money and cancel your order if you resale your preorder.

bymw

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
had Ford, Toyota, Honda, Audi, Lexus and of course Cybertruck
Country flag
I would want to swap or buy the earliest reservation if anyone is willing to do so. I ordered earlier this month. Please message me.
me too -- but would Tesla warrant that? or any legal issues? i went back and read the terms and did not see it mentioned anything like that ...

LoreZyra

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
RichieBartlett.com
Vehicles
CyberTruck tri-motor
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
I sold my low Model 3 preorder number on ebay for $3000. (making 2k when you take into account the 1k preorder cost.)

They buyer then logged into my account and configured what he wanted and paid the deposit.

Tesla refused to let the ebay buyer update the phone number on record for the account. So after Tesla calling me on the phone 3 times they figured out he purchased the preorder. Tesla canceled the order and kept both the $1000 and initial deposit.

I did not refund the buyer for the failed transaction as it wasn't my fault that 3 months after the car was configured the order was canceled. I told the person who I sold the pre-order to several times he needed to call Tesla and update the phone number on the order, but they did not.

I wish I had the model 3 myself. But I didn't want to spend more the the 28k$ price that was ininital promised the car would cost after rebate. I normally don't spend a lot on money on cars, I'm on my 3rd Honda civic. I didn't want to spend 40k. Plus I wasn't happy about how the dash looked. After sitting in the car at the dealership, I went ahead and sold my preorder without regrets.

Now I'm lucky enough to have CyberTruck preorder in ~500 position in line for the 50k dual engine. Being several years later, I now can afford the the more expensive Tesla. I wanted the single engine, but waiting an extra year seems unreasonable since I need the truck today.

I would advice you to read the rules and please know Tesla will keep your money and cancel your order if you resale your preorder.
Did the eBay buyer try to sue you?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
LoreZyra said:
Did the eBay buyer try to sue you?
No, they lost the PayPal dispute as 1) it was past 30 days 2) paypal doesn't provide any guarantees for car sales.

Plus the ebay listing was for access to an account with a non-guaranteed outcome (username/password only). So the terms of the auction clearly stated no sale was guaranteed and at buyers risk. With no returns or disputes allowed. I also linked to the official non-transferable rules Tesla has posted so the buyer would be aware of the potential risk.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s pretty easy to predict what will happen If this economic slump continues through late 2021. Buyer demand will plummet and Tesla will be issuing refunds on the CT. It‘s already happening with the Model Y that they predicted would sell like ice cream on a hot summer day.
Wasn't there a recent L.A. Times article about Model Y sales in California driving vehicle registration numbers up?
Sponsored