Canada rolls out Med/Heavy duty ZEV rebates, Will Cybertruck qualify to 2B class?

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
I'm going to Austin in October. I'll mention it to Elon if I see him in the bar.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Google just told me about 2296 Lightning sold so far. 1,837 units in June

Ford CEO, Jim Farley, recently stated inflation had eroded all profit from the Mach E.

I see this red flag :
https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/art...g-already-a-superstar-we-can-t-get-enough-of/
Test drive report2022 Ford F-150
Trim levelLightning Platinum
Price range$58,000 – $110,000
Price as tested110 950 $

This guy works out the truck's range about 500K

Nice hype

Overall, a broad price point from 58 to 110. We extrapolate and apply the Mack E situation to the lightning, it looks like they cannot get close to being competitive.
Once again, we are watching a Pre-season intraclub practice match, and boy don't they look good !

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There's something wrong with their plans if they didn't hedge their purchases against inflation.

-Crissa
It is possible :

Ford priority is to have a presence, it is initially willing to take a financial hit on every vehicle sold. I think this is what is happening now.

Trucks is a core business, seems reasonable thinking to me. A strategic plan to improve and eventually profit when it reaches real production.

They are treading on thin ice… products have to have a profit. Every shopkeeper looks a million dollars if he sells everything at cost !

This waiting list of 200,000 may be real. But even if they had the chips or whatever, … for the short term, they can't afford to deliver at a truly competitive price. And fingers crossed for the long term ! IMO

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I took delivery of my model 3 on June 7, 2018 (the day Ford was elected in Ontario and cancelled the EV rebate) and after 6 monrhs I actually got paid the 14 k rebate! Right now the rebates in Canada (minus BC and Quebec) are complete bs. The federal and provincial gov'ts keep talking about the future of EV's and how they are going to meet their emission goals with EV's but are doing nothing to encouage their sales to consumers. My only ace in the hole is that used EV's have crazy resale value which will help with my CT purchase (34 k in the corrected queue!).

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transp...ives-medium-heavy-duty-zero-emission-vehicles

It's going to be wildly popular if it suprasses the 8501 pounds criteria to qualify!
Would have to purchase through a company though, they don't specify what kind of business required to qualify - sole proprietor? LLC? will see I guess..

Credits: https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/tr...s-a-new-medium-and-heavy-duty-zev-initiative/
Quebec's Lion Electric to build new plant in Illinois, create 750 jobs | Driving
Lion Electric | The Bright Choice (thelionelectric.com)

I have also invested in Lion Electric and with these incentives I think they will do well building these types of vehicles.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
the stupidity of Canadian ev programs...... our govt wants us in Prius hybrids and Bolts.

Last edited: