...Canoo is still trucking along with their prototypes.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

I was told by a friend who lives down there that he keeps seeing them on the road. But it's always been tough to tell their prototypes from their renders, but I guess they're ready to start showing that they have multiple of them.

No idea how they'll get them made; they've had a couple of contracts fall through. As Elon says, prototypes are easy, production is hard. But we need lots of different designs to really serve the market.

-Crissa
Sponsored

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
These are cool concepts, but I have no interest in a subscription vehicle ownership model, which is what Canoo has been suggesting for some of its future distribution.

Deleted member 5322

Just give me a CyberTruck and I don’t care abot Canoo, Ford or GM!
otherwise, I think, next year I will take Raptor EV. I think this is one that was mentioned at Ford delivery event. Especially if it has 400 miles range.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Up the creek without a paddle.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Even with Canoo cash burn rate, SEC probe and a bailout, NASA selected for Artemis crew transport among others who qualified.

Production alludes them still…

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I would love to see them be successful as I think they fill a niche in the market that VW's new bus will only partly cover (and without any of the new ideas they originally claimed).

I want a truck that seats 5+, so the Canoo wouldn't be a contender for my business, but still an interesting design and set up.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I like vans. I would consider the ID Buzz or the Canoo over the CT if they could get the range over 300 miles and it could tow 7000 lbs and still get 150 miles.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Even with Canoo cash burn rate, SEC probe and a bailout, NASA selected for Artemis crew transport among others who qualified.

Canoo promised them a custom seat layout for eight seats.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I like vans. I would consider the ID Buzz or the Canoo over the CT if they could get the range over 300 miles and it could tow 7000 lbs and still get 150 miles.
I don’t even need the towing capacity. But from the sounds of it the VW is likely to have a fairly short range and manufacturing is an issue for Canoo.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag

I wouldn't write Canoo off so easily now that the Supreme Court has started to address the question of row vs. wade. EV analysts say Canoo could easily double or triple their relevance if the Court decides paddling is preferable to rowing or wading.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I envisage some really innovative EV designs,

The skateboard as the foundation, and FSD, and improved safety. We can practically configure interior space anyway we like.

Energy one day will be free and abundant... mpg will be a forgotten. The exterior can have more aesthetic flair.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You have something against topical application of puns for a burned thread?
Perhaps if this forum weren’t so inundated with little political wars I’d have read the whole post instead of getting irritated and replying in frustration. Way too many of the the threads here turn into the same pointless debates.

A moderator in another place posted this on one of the more active threads after someone dragged RvW into a conversation.

Tesla Cybertruck ...Canoo is still trucking along with their prototypes. 1651648569722

The amount of political discourse on this forum has gotten me pining for more moderated venues.

A real knee slapper
Sponsored

Last edited: