Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Creating one off's carbon pieces for prototypes wouldn't not be difficult at all. CNC negative/positive molds, lay out vacuum.

Production would be a different thing, and probably too costly.
Yes, absolutely.
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
It could also be an artifact of the glossy material reflecting the pulse width modified brightness of the accent lighting, too.

The under-panel does need to be something very tough.

-Crissa
That would depend on whether that is a 36" bulb or a 30" bulb. The pulse would be completely different for both

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That would depend on whether that is a 36" bulb or a 30" bulb. The pulse would be completely different for both
i ain’t know much about pulses, I just assume that they wouldn’t bend around corners into the shadows

Tesla Cybertruck Carbon Fiber Underbody spotted? 013EAB9F-1232-4FB3-9054-80ADE4B7EA09

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
FWIW, I doubt any holes in the bottom of the truck are for airflow. That’s a pretty bad place to suck in air. You’d need to filter it for most uses, which would make the filters a maintenance issue. Most likely they’d pull any air in from the vault or the frunk.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
FWIW, I doubt any holes in the bottom of the truck are for airflow. That’s a pretty bad place to suck in air. You’d need to filter it for most uses, which would make the filters a maintenance issue. Most likely they’d pull any air in from the vault or the frunk.
sorry if unclear: I didn’t mean a duct, I meant merely for allowing for some hot air around the motor to be ventilated back out under the vehicle

Though the lion’s share of that is presumably being done by the intake on the front bumper (not sure where all that air exists!) - but if it works anything like the Lightning, that bumper intake will close above ~40mph.

Speculation aside, it’s otherwise just interesting there are two symmetric holes punched out on what appears to be an aero feature on that plate

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Maybe those holes are where the air exits? Makes a bit more sense.

Also entirely possible this whole structure is completely different on final.

Space monkey

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fat Cat
Occupation
Philosopher
Country flag
I would be super surprised if the production model has laminate skid plates, seems way costly. If so, I hope it’s kevlar, cause you know, the truck is supposed to be bulletproof(ish).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would be super surprised if the production model has laminate skid plates, seems way costly. If so, I hope it’s kevlar, cause you know, the truck is supposed to be bulletproof(ish).
Mine resistant. Not proper tank mines, but the smaller anti personnel type. /s

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Little bit of a lip which will impact against rocks... not sure what it's for, but for this reason seems it needs modification...may in fact be a temporary piece.
Sponsored