First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
"We have a customer in Iceland!"

The narrator was great. Getting someone confident enough to read multiple pronunciation keys phonetically is a pretty nice score.

Man, the US is falling so far behind.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Man, the US is falling so far behind.

-Crissa
Yet, were are on a site about a future product of a US based company that supposedly has the cutting edge in battery technology...

I do not disagree that the US is not the leader it used to be... Camelot has fallen...

But I just am not sure what exactly you are pointing to Crissa. Can you help me understand?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Does any city in the US have 50% electric busses? Or busses bought in the last four years?

Amtrak was just happy it got engines with regeneration, but their traction systems are twenty years out of date now.

Tesla is such a tiny part of the US.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Yes, as many have said, we started at the wrong end of the transportation scale to electrify...
We should have started on buses, delivery trucks, trash trucks, and more commercial vehicles... then gotten to personal vehicles.

I am hoping as more and more cities ban ICE vehicles that bus companies will stop ordering ICE buses and order EV buses.

10 years ago I was impressed that our city bought hybrid buses... now I see them and just shake my head, they should be EV buses. Our city is not that large and I am sure the buses could have been made electric for most routes even 5 years ago.
Sponsored