Charging Error cc_a016 - unable to charge

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
I agree, can you explain more about why the truck may have that issue? Trying to figure out how to work with Tesla service quicker.
They will make you jump through hoops to try to prevent a service appointment, best advice is to quickly do the things they suggest and report back to move the process along.

OP
OP

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
They will make you jump through hoops to try to prevent a service appointment, best advice is to quickly do the things they suggest and report back to move the process along.
Thanks. I have been doing that. I was lucky enough to get it happening on video today.

Unfortunately my service center is 1h50m away.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Thanks. I have been doing that. I was lucky enough to get it happening on video today.

Unfortunately my service center is 1h50m away.
That is a hike, 4 hours round trip

SteelRhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 TMY LR AWD, 2024 Cyberbeast
Country flag
I also saw this on my truck but it was after it was charged to 80%, like an hour later... I still have not attempted to charge to a 100%, but will do that during the next charging session. Curious what it is and wondering if everyone sees this or just some of us. BTW, my wall charger is Gen2.
UPDATE: Last night, I charged the truck to a 100% for the first time, translated to 301 miles :( I thought it was 305... anyways, I did not see any warnings or notifications pop-up during this charge, all was fine.

OP
OP

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Update: Tesla directed me to the Home Charger support team. Who apparently don’t work on eclipse days. Will see what they have to say.

OP
OP

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
UPDATE: Last night, I charged the truck to a 100% for the first time, translated to 301 miles :( I thought it was 305... anyways, I did not see any warnings or notifications pop-up during this charge, all was fine.
I charged to 100% today and got the same errors. So no difference there.

I am guessing The range displays miles based on expected driving. Mine said 313 at 100%. I am averaging around 400wh/m. I have been driving a lot slower so people can look at the truck! 😂

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I charged to 100% today and got the same errors. So no difference there.

I am guessing The range displays miles based on expected driving. Mine said 313 at 100%. I am averaging around 400wh/m. I have been driving a lot slower so people can look at the truck! 😂
It doesn't update. Tesla very specifically will not show you anything outside of "epa estimate" (or in this case, their internal estimate for the truck mileage) on the dash, ever. Your BMS probably needs a few deep cycles to calibrate. The computer in the car does know the actual miles you will get, but it will never tell you directly.

OP
OP

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Update: Tesla support told me that the HVBATT_a223 error I was receiving periodically was a software bug and would be fixed. After they told me that I was pushed update 2024.8.12 later that day with “bug fixes”

After the update, charging to the set level did not produce any errors in the truck. Even though the charger still displayed a red light, the truck port was no longer red.

Support did hint that there could be a “compatibility” issue with my older charger. I still need to find time to call home charger support.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
It doesn't update. Tesla very specifically will not show you anything outside of "epa estimate" (or in this case, their internal estimate for the truck mileage) on the dash, ever. Your BMS probably needs a few deep cycles to calibrate. The computer in the car does know the actual miles you will get, but it will never tell you directly.
the energy app tells you directly. but not the "main" mileage display thats rated miles only. like you said its unaffected by any driving history, its a set efficiency number and total pack capacity, so as the BMS updates its estimate of pack capacity that number will fluctuate.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
the energy app tells you directly. but not the "main" mileage display thats rated miles only.
I am aware. I want to have nav pulled up though, not the energy screen. Almost no new user would even look at the energy screen unless they already know they need to because the range on the dash isn't honest.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I am aware. I want to have nav pulled up though, not the energy screen. Almost no new user would even look at the energy screen unless they already know they need to because the range on the dash isn't honest.
yep, ive been saying that for 10 years now. it would eliminate a lot of the complaints
Sponsored