Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
BNSF Railway
Country flag
I'm planning on using the CT for camping in NW Arkansas and wondering about battery situation. My round trip will only be about 175 miles so my Duel motor won't have any issues there, but my wife and I always have 3 day weekends and I'm curious how much battery will drain using "Camp Mode" or even just sitting. Any owners have experience using their Tesla's on camping trips? Will I be better off planning on camping at campgrounds with electric hookups for RV?
Sponsored

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
I am curious as well. I think we will not know more until the actual batter specs are reveled. My understanding though is that it takes much less of the battery power then you would think. So a three day weekend would take less that 10 to 15% of the overall charge. That would be for climate control , use of lights( Some) ,and running the cook top. This is just a guessstimate for now.

OP
OP
Marc

Marc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
BNSF Railway
Country flag

Bjørn Nyland 24 hours in a Model 3
Good video, my use wouldn't be as extreme as this since most of my camping trips are either for climbing or floating so I wouldn't be using power during day and only be cooling during the evenings when hot. It's nice to know I can still use my favorite camping spots while camping, although I don't think it'll technically qualify as primitive with CT involved...

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
i would use the 3 kWh that was going on at the end of the video as the base for a calculation you could go 66 hours of winter camping. Longer in the summer.

Mule Ferguson

First Name
Mule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model P3D+, F150. Cybertruck Tri Motor
Occupation
House Husband
Country flag
Most campgrounds have 14 50 and 120 power. I Use 220 for the X and 120 for the 3. I also have a Tesla charging cord that I got free for a referral still in the box The 14 50 charges at 28 mph and 4/5 mph. I also have a heavy Ext cord to charge the 3.

Tesla Cybertruck Charging options while camping IMG_9226

Tesla Cybertruck Charging options while camping IMG_9224

Tesla Cybertruck Charging options while camping IMG_9223

Tesla Cybertruck Charging options while camping IMG_9225
Tesla Cybertruck Charging options while camping IMG_9226

Tesla Cybertruck Charging options while camping IMG_9227
Sponsored

Last edited: