Check your back panels! My nuts were missing! Pics attached...

seadsmoney

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3; FSCT (no vin)
Country flag
This thread is silly
Every truck has the same neatly hidden accessory mounting points
not nuts missing
Sponsored

OP
OP

GMONEYPEPE

Banned
Banned
First Name
GMONEY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I just checked mine and none of them have nuts attached to the bolts however after tugging on the trim, it seems to me the trim is not using the threading as an attachment method. I could be wrong. 🤷‍♂️

However I tried to lift the plastic trim from these rectangular holes. It felt like the trim may be attached by clips on the below the plastic piece. I hammered it with my fist along the trim and sounded like a few more clips attached compared to before. It also feels more solid after tugging on the trim again from the rectangular holes.
Seems like a few extra nuts wouldn't hurt anything and make it much more secure. Hoping Tesla covers this cause I'm def going to add some nuts

juo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2013 Nissan Altima
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Same issue (flying trim) here.

To add to the record, my right sail trim piece also flew off on first or second day (don't know exactly when or where). I wasn't surprised because during delivery inspection I noticed that it was loose at the top corner and pointed it out to Tesla delivery staff, even saying that it looks like it could fly off if wind lifts up that corner.

flytrim.png

By the way, yes these sail trim pieces are held by tabs on one side and sticky tape on the other - no bolt fasteners. I did check my roof trim just now, and I do have nuts on my bolts (under the "flip" covers) so if you don't - you're missing them. They're just basic nuts so it's probably less hassle to just buy some at the local hardware store instead of going through Tesla.

Last edited:

DumpsterFire

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag

To add to the record, my right sail trim piece also flew off on first or second day (don't know exactly when or where). I wasn't surprised because during delivery inspection I noticed that it was loose at the top corner and pointed it out to Tesla delivery staff, even saying that it looks like it could fly off if wind lifts up that corner.

flytrim.png

By the way, yes these sail trim pieces are held by tabs on one side and sticky tape on the other - no bolt fasteners. I did check my roof trim just now, and I do have nuts on my bolts (under the "flip" covers) so if you don't - you're missing them. They're just basic nuts so it's probably less hassle to just buy some at the local hardware store instead of going through Tesla.
The flowers are a nice touch! 😂

Seriously tho. Sorry that happened!

cybertruckgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
If there really are several instances of this so far will Tesla aid in legal defense if one of these flies off and damages another car / person, or even causes an accident? Potential recall ahead?

TBoogie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Flew off the truck probably somewhere on the 55 fwy... Eeek

panel ct.jpg

no nuts ct.jpg
I found a similar issue. The back two covers roof rack mounts are very loose. Is there an easy way to add the nuts to tighten them back up. I scheduled a maintenance appointment but am having to wait a couple more weeks.

Marc Montgomery

First Name
Friction is your friend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S 3 x cybertruck
Country flag

flytrim.png

Just heard from Tesla and they said that the rail mounts on the sails do not come with nuts. That any after market add on would come with the nuts.
Sponsored