Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
The doors on my C6 corvette have no handle. There is an indention in the body allowing access to the upper, trailing corner of the door edge with your fingers. A button under a flexible pad can be felt when you put your fingers in the indention and touch inside edge of the door. Pulling on the door edge with pressure on the button causes the door latch to electrically release and the door to open. All corvettes since 2005 have no handles and the latest version, C8, doesn't have an indention.

In my experience anyone who hasn't opened a C6 corvette door is puzzled by it and usually can't figure it out without some instruction, but so far I've able to teach everyone how to do it.

Teachers are usually pretty good at learning, too.

Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 8.15.36 AM.png
I had a 14 C7 2LT 7 speed. Biggest lie ever told was you would get tired of shifting gears. Traded it in for diapers. But yeah first timers didn’t know how to get in or out. I don’t think C6 had electronic door releases on the inside like the outside?

Is the Cybertruck going to have a push button door opener on the screen like the X is something I’d like to know.
Sponsored

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
I had a 14 C7 2LT 7 speed. Biggest lie ever told was you would get tired of shifting gears. Traded it in for diapers. But yeah first timers didn’t know how to get in or out. I don’t think C6 had electronic door releases on the inside like the outside?

Is the Cybertruck going to have a push button door opener on the screen like the X is something I’d like to know.
Yes, the C6 has a simple round pushbutton inside to open the door. It's just a momentary contact electric switch that is probably wired in parallel with the exterior switch since they are both on the door and close to each other.

Tesla Cybertruck Child seat (front facing) install in Cybertruck -- first look photo Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 1.55.54 PM

There's a mechanical emergency release at the door sill.

Door release on the screen for the CT? Yikes! Not a fan of that!

Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
Yes, the C6 has a simple round pushbutton inside to open the door. It's just a momentary contact electric switch that is probably wired in parallel with the exterior switch since they are both on the door and close to each other.

Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 1.55.54 PM.png

There's a mechanical emergency release at the door sill.

Door release on the screen for the CT? Yikes! Not a fan of that!
You can open and close the doors on a model X from the screen. I’m sure you can on the S too. I don’t see why that would be an issue for Cybertruck.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
You can open and close the doors on a model X from the screen. I’m sure you can on the S too. I don’t see why that would be an issue for Cybertruck.
I read the comment as the normal way to open the door was from the screen, with no button on the inside door panel. Now that I've looked at a Tesla user manual, showing three ways to open the door, I assume the CT will have a similar arrangement and don't have any concerns.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
So Tacoma sized. wow.. /s

I have believed for a long time, if you took Model Y, and put a bed on it... You'd have Cybertruck.

40.5" back leg room, about that up front too. In line with the coveted "F150"

rearcarseat-teslacybertruck.jpg
My F150 with the same car seat for comparison. To me it looks like there’s 1/2 the gap for legroom in this CT photo.

Tesla Cybertruck Child seat (front facing) install in Cybertruck -- first look photo D109E6C5-4ED6-4C92-92CF-A952020A091A

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
My F150 with the same car seat for comparison. To me it looks like there’s 1/2 the gap for legroom in this CT photo.

D109E6C5-4ED6-4C92-92CF-A952020A091A.jpeg
Very curious if the Cybertruck from seat is pushed back, also but yes. Looks like f150 may be bigger!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

D109E6C5-4ED6-4C92-92CF-A952020A091A.jpeg
In the CT pic it appears the front passenger seat is even with the back of the center console. That Ford pic has the seat pretty far forward. But there is no real way to know until the truck comes out.

Also, look at the seatbelt position relative to the front seat. Feels like a bad comparison

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Very curious if the Cybertruck from seat is pushed back, also but yes. Looks like f150 may be bigger!
It looks like both passenger seats are pretty similar at the B pillar. The F150 has a massive backseat though, and seat geometry also matters. My 5 year old can kick the back of our Navigator seats but she can’t reach the F150 passenger seat. My theory is the final CT is more or less the same size as the Rivian R1T, which isn’t a bad place to be because there’s only one competitor that’s “garageable/nearly full size”.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
In the CT pic it appears the front passenger seat is even with the back of the center console. That Ford pic has the seat pretty far forward. But there is no real way to know until the truck comes out.

Also, look at the seatbelt position relative to the front seat. Feels like a bad comparison
The F150’s seat is slightly forward but in a normal position, my wife sits there like that every time we go out in the truck. I’m looking at the B pillars for reference.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
The F150’s seat is slightly forward but in a normal position, my wife sits there like that every time we go out in the truck. I’m looking at the B pillars for reference.
I do think the f150 will still have more legroom but from these pics it appears both angle of the back of the CT is higher (less lean) and the seat is farther back. All good tho.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I do think the f150 will still have more legroom but from these pics it appears both angle of the back of the CT is higher (less lean) and the seat is farther back. All good tho.
there’s really no good comparing. The B pillars may not be positioned similarly relative to the seats/console, nor may the consoles be similarly positioned

in any event, I’m 6’2” and in my F150 the console extends past the back of the seat this much

Even when stats come out, the compare won’t be clear in that those measures are taken with the seat ~mid position - and that may or may not be the relevant position for a given person’s use case

a person getting in both, seats adjusted to same preferred driving position relative to pedals, will be the most telling stats

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
there’s really no good comparing.

Even when stats come out, the compare won’t be clear in that those measures are taken with the seat ~mid position - and that may or may not be the relevant position for a given person’s use case
Then there is the rear seat height. The closer the seat is to the floor, the more room you need (to a point). I had a Land Rover that was pretty short between front and mid seats. So they raised the rear seats, and then you didn’t need as much legroom. This is what gave the discovery its bumped roofline. They’ve been toying with this at the airlines and some other public transportation for years.
Tesla Cybertruck Child seat (front facing) install in Cybertruck -- first look photo IMG_1965

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Shorter truck, longer bed. That difference has to come from somewhere.

Then there is the rear seat height. The closer the seat is to the floor, the more room you need (to a point). I had a Land Rover that was pretty short between front and mid seats. So they raised the rear seats, and then you didn’t need as much legroom. This is what gave the discovery its bumped roofline. They’ve been toying with this at the airlines and some other public transportation for years.
IMG_1965.jpeg
Similarly, if the front seat sits higher there is more legroom for those at the rear given they can slide their feet under it. The seat base of an F-150 is quite close to the floor, Cybertruck should be better in that regard and be able to claw some of that lost legroom back. Which I guess was their line of thinking when they made the decision to shorten the truck for garageability.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Shorter truck, longer bed. That difference has to come from somewhere.

Similarly, if the front seat sits higher there is more legroom for those at the rear given they can slide their feet under it. The seat base of an F-150 is quite close to the floor, Cybertruck should be better in that regard and be able to claw some of that lost legroom back. Which I guess was their line of thinking when they made the decision to shorten the truck for garageability.
The spaces, however, are somewhat parallelogram, tilted back - like the seats. They eliminated the voids between the bed and some of the frunk to make it all fit. Wasted space (or space blocking your forward view in the Lightning)

-Crissa
Sponsored