China Cybertruck owner-Do you think Cypertruck works better with Alpha Dog?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They seem to be taking too many precautions with the unknown state of the units' installation.

It was still in testing, so it was probably an installation error.

-Crissa

CYBER PARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Tesla chairman Robyn Denholm cashed in $22 million. Not ready to do it?

Tesla Cybertruck China Cybertruck owner-Do you think Cypertruck works better with Alpha Dog? CT-64

CYBER PARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
I'll state the obvious: Legacy manufacturers were busy saving their asses, Tesla is busy making the cars of the future.
Legacy: Worried
Tesla: Not
got it
How are the other new American carmakers doing?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
got it
It's a little early to tell, most are so new they've yet to turn an actual profit. Tesla is the only new American car manufacturer to make a profit (so far).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
got it
We have Rivian producing traditional cars, a couple small makers building next-gen/ experimental vehicles, and a bunch of frauds.

Rivian is backed by Amazon and at least for some time, their operations can be funded by selling delivery vehicles to Amazon. Their consumer products might struggle, but they have quite a backlog of commercial customers.

The little guys—Aptera and Arcimoto mainly—are struggling. They have demand for their product, but it's difficult to scale up enough to make manufacturing profitable. It's also not clear if the tiny vehicles they are cranking out will have a sustainable, long term market. I'd love to see more of them on the road.

The frauds? They are mostly going to jail.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
got it
It's a little early to tell, most are so new they've yet to turn an actual profit. Tesla is the only new American car manufacturer to make a profit (so far).
Yup yup. Other than Tesla, I think the closest one to succeeding in the long-term is Rivian. They're the only one, other than Tesla, that is likely going to actually mass produce soonish. They have a lot of good investors like @Cyberman said, but they do appear to be building for more demand than they've received, but what do I know? I hope they make it!

Bolinger: too boutique to turn a profit, sadly. They either need to be bouight/merge or will fizzle out. Only prototypes.

Canoo (is this Chinese or US, no idea!): just too early to tell, only prototypes.

Faraday Future: Another copy of the "Tesla" naming idea from Michael Faraday. Too early to tell, only prototypes.

Fisker: Only prototypes available.

Lucid: Has a good chance to succeed as they've already secured funding for mass production. Arizona factory still incomplete and they have yet to turn any profit until they can overcome the production hell. CEO Peter Rawlinson claims the next product will be its Project Gravity SUV due in 2023, with a Tesla Model 3 competitor coming online by 2024 or 2025. They say this, but you can't actually buy one yet. We'll see!

Nikola: Not really a BEV company. They're after hydrogen fuel cell EV (FCEV / reverse electrolysis), which I don't really get. Well, I understand how it works, but I don't see the benefit over BEV. FCEV designs are extraordinarily complex and volatile. Same is true for ICE vehicles, but they have 150 years of innovations and optimizations, unlike fuel cells. One other huge problem, that no one seems to get, is that inexpensive and easy ways to get hydrogen is not clean at all. There are very simple and clean ways to produce hydrogen, but it's not cheap! Do you really think FCEV users will want to pay $1 / mile to use clean hydrogen? Nah. The amount of electricity required to produce hydrogen from water electrolysis will use exponentially more electricity per mile than simply placing that electrical energy directly into a BEV.

Goddamn it, I started rambling. sorry, just ignore my posts haha
Sponsored