Do you think the bed width is...

Do you think the width of the bed, between the points of the wheel-wells, is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I'm guessing the ribs in the bed are on 4" centers. So every 3 ribs would make 12" and since there are 12 of those 4" spaces between ribs that would make 48" with about 2.5" outside of those to the side of the bed. So there's my rational for the bed width of >51" to<60"

Tesla Cybertruck Do you think the bed width is... bedmeasurements

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I'm guessing the ribs in the bed are on 4" centers. So every 3 ribs would make 12" and since there are 12 of those 4" spaces between ribs that would make 48" with about 2.5" outside of those to the side of the bed. So there's my rational for the bed width of >51" to<60"
That’s a well put together range

at the bottom of that range, 51”, the bed would be functionally a bit smaller than a Tacoma longbed (owing to the CT’s sloping bulkhead) and just smaller than F150 SuperCrew

at the top of that range, 60”, the bed would be functionally ~= to a Tacoma longbed (despite the sloping bulkhead, owing to the CT being a bit wider) and a bit smaller than an F150

Tesla Cybertruck Do you think the bed width is... 1E2F1995-AAAF-429D-BE90-CE07BE220714

Tesla Cybertruck Do you think the bed width is... F1E6F2C7-D11A-472E-9650-D2B42C5C4090

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
We've had much handwringing since someone said the bed was 4' by 6'. We don't know who, but they're presumably an employee. But we also don't know how they were measuring it, or if they were rounding any.

-Crissa
We don't know Jack &$#@ about this supposed source. I don't believe any of it.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That’s a well put together range

at the bottom of that range, 51”, the bed would be functionally a bit smaller than a Tacoma longbed (owing to the CT’s sloping bulkhead) and just smaller than F150 SuperCrew

at the top of that range, 60”, the bed would be functionally ~= to a Tacoma longbed (despite the sloping bulkhead, owing to the CT being a bit wider) and a bit smaller than an F150

1E2F1995-AAAF-429D-BE90-CE07BE220714.jpeg
Did you take the photo, and give all those measurements? It's really well done!

I'm wondering if this is your Lightning bed? And, what is the centerline measurement between those ribs. To me, it looks like they are on 3" centers. With 3" outside of them to the wheel wells, giving you the 42".

Thank You

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Did you take the photo, and give all those measurements? It's really well done!

I'm wondering if this is your Lightning bed? And, what is the centerline measurement between those ribs. To me, it looks like they are on 3" centers. With 3" outside of them to the wheel wells, giving you the 42".

Thank You
the Tacoma longbed photo/measurements are not mine - they did do a really good job

the Lightning measurements are the same as any SuperCrew F150, in the Ford spec sheet

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag

bedmeasurements.jpg
I agree with your 4" spacing, but there is around 1-2" between the last rib and the wheel well. That makes the bed around 51", or exactly the same as an F150.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If we assume 80 -82 inch wide truck that leaves about 16 inches for each wheel which is plenty even with steering and air strut. Bed will not be less than 48 between wells.
If we stick with Musk stated 82 inch that is 17 inches for the well. Tires are probably 9 inches. Which leaves 8 inches for air strut.
Front strut looks about 6 inches diameter assume same part for rear. Clearance tire to strut 1 inch leaves 1 inch left over for bed side thickness / air strut clearance on inside...
Bed is gonna be 49 inches....
17” on each side?

That’s going to be a lot of Sail Pillar Storage.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I agree with your 4" spacing, but there is around 1-2" between the last rib and the wheel well. That makes the bed around 51", or exactly the same as an F150.
Just remember the 48" it to the center of the ribs. So look at the distance from center of the rib to edge of the bed. I think 1" is too small, but it could be 2". And that would put the bed at over 51". ;)

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The size of a pickup truck’s bed is based on the ability to carry a full sheet of plywood.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
17” on each side?

That’s going to be a lot of Sail Pillar Storage.
No. But that is why the bed is wider than 48.
Probably more like 54.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sure seems like the furor over the width of the bed was by a minority of the forum population...

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So you are saying that the vast majority of issue furor comes from the smallest minority of people.
Sponsored