Do you think the bed width is...

Do you think the width of the bed, between the points of the wheel-wells, is...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
That’s a well put together range

at the bottom of that range, 51”, the bed would be functionally a bit smaller than a Tacoma longbed (owing to the CT’s sloping bulkhead) and just smaller than F150 SuperCrew

at the top of that range, 60”, the bed would be functionally ~= to a Tacoma longbed (despite the sloping bulkhead, owing to the CT being a bit wider) and a bit smaller than an F150

1E2F1995-AAAF-429D-BE90-CE07BE220714.jpeg

F1E6F2C7-D11A-472E-9650-D2B42C5C4090.jpeg
Any suggestion that the Cyber is anywhere close to the Tacoma in size is nuts. W2 is at least 6" wider for the Tesla, and the box frame, wheel well width is also way thicker. The truck will be at least a foot wider overall.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Any suggestion that the Cyber is anywhere close to the Tacoma in size is nuts. W2 is at least 6" wider for the Tesla, and the box frame, wheel well width is also way thicker. The truck will be at least a foot wider overall.
Let me clarify:

im personally uninterested in the external dimensions

I’m speaking to the internal dimensions

Rivian is a perfect counter-example of a truck that manages to both be externally larger than a midsized truck, but internally decidedly a Tacoma

so, I agree with the point you made, but was making an unrelated point

View attachment 17328

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
We don't know Jack &$#@ about this supposed source. I don't believe any of it.
John... breeeeeath.

The source was with the truck, he will be releasing his measuring tomorrow in a YouTube video. I helped him photoshop a pic for his video, it's gonna be neat!

TLDR, the bed dims are accurate.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
It's not THAT much wider actually.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
John... breeeeeath.

The source was with the truck, he will be releasing his measuring tomorrow in a YouTube video. I helped him photoshop a pic for his video, it's gonna be neat!

TLDR, the bed dims are accurate.
All I said is that I do not trust anything that doesn't get published by Tesla. The numbers may be true but it doesn't mean much to me. It is kind of like the BAW or the side mirrors or the driver display; some prototypes have them, some don't, and there are variations, so why should I/we believe what we see in any particular prototype?

If it ends up less than the width of a sheet of plywood that would be depressing. If it ends up not having the bed size Elon originally stipulated that would be depressing. But in the end it doesn't really matter to me. All that is really important to me is that it have a bed, that the exoskeleton be 3mm stainless, and that it have a 500+ mile range. All the other things we have heard of (e.g., 4WS) are bonus items.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
All I said is that I do not trust anything that doesn't get published by Tesla. The numbers may be true but it doesn't mean much to me. It is kind of like the BAW or the side mirrors or the driver display; some prototypes have them, some don't, and there are variations, so why should I/we believe what we see in any particular prototype?

If it ends up less than the width of a sheet of plywood that would be depressing. If it ends up not having the bed size Elon originally stipulated that would be depressing. But in the end it doesn't really matter to me. All that is really important to me is that it have a bed, that the exoskeleton be 3mm stainless, and that it have a 500+ mile range. All the other things we have heard of (e.g., 4WS) are bonus items.
I totally agree, an prepare to be mildly bummed. But also, kind of surprised. I don't know enough just yet, but I know that we will get some clear info here shortly from Matt. I can't imagine Elon is far behind with the official.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I totally agree, an prepare to be mildly bummed. But also, kind of surprised. I don't know enough just yet, but I know that we will get some clear info here shortly from Matt. I can't imagine Elon is far behind with the official.
I have a lot of concerns over the reliability of this dude. Casual comments by employees are super easy to misinterpret and mis-represent.

I just get irritated when people pump ideas which turn out to be inaccurate. Particularly when the statements he makes are inherently contradictory. For example: A 5% shrink would put the vault at something like 52” wide not 48”.

Not worried about being disappointed because I’m pretty sure the size changes won’t affect me a whole lot. I just think this dude is turning some vague comments into something it isn’t.

I’d far prefer he said **exactly** what he was told rather than do some interpretive dance.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
For example: A 5% shrink would put the vault at something like 52” wide not 48”.
as for the bed dimensions, the apparent discrepancy would appear to be possibly explained by the 5% shrink plus addition of material wheel humps

EDIT TO ADD: though I don’t believe there were ever stats given on bed width?

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
as for the bed dimensions, the apparent discrepancy would appear to be possibly explained by the 5% shrink plus addition of material wheel humps

EDIT TO ADD: though I don’t believe there were ever stats given on bed width?
Nothing official, this is the best approximation we've had so far on the concept truck. You could take the most conservative measurement (4'11") and then remove 4" if it's going from 84" to 80" wide which would mean a 55" bed width but then you have to account for the 4WS, the smaller fender flares which push the tires further inside the wheel well etc...

I know we have all wanted dims since 2019 announcement, here you are!

I can totes vouch for the accuracy, having tested the iPhone measure app myself just cause I thought "yea right it's accurate.."

Food for thought, the Cybertruck bed WIDTH is GREATER than the R1T bed LENGTH. Wish someone could make it up there and measure the whole truck! If someone CAN, get close, start the measure, and walk the whole length for most accurate results!

1672856623304.png

1672856647669.png

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
which would mean a 55" bed width but then you have to account for the 4WS, the smaller fender flares which push the tires further inside the wheel well etc...
if so, that would leave 3 inches per wheel well to be at 48 inches, which doesn’t leave much reasonable conclusion.

that said, it appears we now know that the fender flares on the investor day prototype were 4 inches a piece. If true, the actual dimensional width of the truck minus the flares is pretty compact.

FrankMCT

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberlandr
Occupation
DIY enthusiast
Country flag
Guys, are those 2-3 extra inches really that important to you? The main thing is that no parasites get in there :D