Down2earth

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MOD3
Country flag
I am impressed with the 30x Stainless body! I think this takes away the paint production issues and opens the door for custom body wraps - as many new car buyers are already investing in wraps either for protection and/or color change. This will be a great way forward to have a durable long lasting base with the Stainless and allowing owners to customize at a local dealer utilizing advanced body wraps.

plus will allow owners to change down the road. Or go back to stainless
Sponsored

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Also people get tired of the 'same old - same old'. Part of what drives the new vehicle market. Some may be satisfied with a new look via a new body wrap instead of buying a new vehicle. Cheap enough to do every couple years.

REDBARON

First Name
Matt/Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Instructor
Country flag
Any detailer in southern California looking for a tesla cybertruck to wrap as a pattern & learning curve, hit us up in 2021.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The Cybertruck is begging to be wrapped. It‘s the only car/truck that will leave an assembly plant with zero color options.

I predict that it’s going to be the most wrapped vehicle in history. I would be surprised if Tesla doesn’t offer a factory applied wrap option. They would be missing out on an excellent revenue stream. The take rate would be high because the option could be financed, everyone wants to personalize their Cybertruck and I assume it would come with a limited Tesla warranty.

Tesla Cybertruck Color options - body wraps F07D3BA3-EB42-4450-80F1-FCBB0D4A65D9

Last edited:

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Why Wraps?
Paint or wraps need to bond to finishes. Stainless steel, however, presents a cohesion problem because the finish surface is almost completely smooth. Painting on stainless steel requires preparation to ensure that the metal is capable of holding a layer of paint in place.
Chemically etching like PANTA PACKS is the most toxic environmental problem around. This is why aircraft manufactures like Boeing or Airbus do not metal bond and do not paint paint or wrap stainless steel
Even wraps will have bonding problem.
Test
Try to wrap your stainless steel toaster or stainless steel microwave or stainless steel stove door. Now this would be a real wrap test a
Cyber Truck
and then drive it at70mph Hwy speeds in the rain. Wrap or paint to color over stainless steel is not going to happen.
Truth
No color Cyber Truck is stainless steel for life.
Wrapping will not be a problem. I would never wrap any vehicle but for those who wish to wrap their Cybertrucks do not worry, it will not be an issue.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Cybertruck is begging to be wrapped. It‘s the only car/truck that will leave an assembly plant with zero color options.

I predict that it’s going to be the most wrapped vehicle in history. I would be surprised if Tesla doesn’t offer a factory applied wrap option. They would be missing out on an excellent revenue stream and be forfeiting this money to the aftermarket. The take rate would be high because the option could be financed, everyone wants to personalize their Cybertruck and I assume it would come with a limited Tesla warranty.
Musk hinted that it would be possible. But if I'm paying to get my truck wrapped, I'd want to make it something more unique than something which comes out of the factory.

Wrapping will not be a problem. I would never wrap any vehicle but for those who wish to wrap their Cybertrucks do not worry, it will not be an issue.
Indeed. There are Deloreans out there will wraps.

Tesla Cybertruck Color options - body wraps DeLorean

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
I may have to take back what I said about never wrapping a vehicle, I actually dig the Delorean wrap.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Vinyl works fine on SS. Yes it's smooth, but vinyl also relies heavily on suction, lower pressure between the wrap and surface.

I'm thinking a matte black batmobile haha, though that might be dangerous I think it'd look dope!

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Wrap You can wrap anything but that stick on a non stick surface which is what stainless steel is means ~3-4 years in the rain heat snow at 70mph. Well my bet is the NHTSA will out law Cyber Truck wraps. Who is going to clean up the highways and roads littered with wraps.
Well I have plenty of stainless cups with vinyl on them and they've been through many many very hot washes. In fact they've outlasted my powder coated ones.
?

Last edited:

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Yes
Wrap You can wrap anything but that stick on a non stick surface which is what stainless steel is means ~3-4 years in the rain heat snow at 70mph. Well my bet is the NHTSA will out law Cyber Truck wraps. Who is going to clean up the highways and roads littered with wraps.
Wraps
Will it stick under rain 70mph 5-10 years. I will not give it 5 years I will give it 5-6 months and Cyber Truck wraps ending up on the windshields of cars.
My Hope
Tesla Cyber Truck production the first 1/2 year finds the body panels are just to hard to produce and switch to a plastic re cyclable body panel with gloss coats like boats or motorcycles. Durable light dent free body panels. Look if you want them bullet proof make the body panels out of Kevlar with a gloss coat on top again just like boats.
Win Win
Cyber Truck under the hood is a winner but the body panels need to be optional. That is a Tesla winner Cyber Truck factory optional body panels.
Just… Wow… I hope that’s all some kind of inside joke that I’m missing.

Wraps aren’t supposed to last decades. If you want a finish to last that long you pony up the coin and paint it. And yes, Tesla could make the CT out of plastic but they would probably only sell 2, not 2 million.

Last edited:

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Just… Wow… I hope that’s all some kind of inside joke that I’m missing.

Wraps aren’t supposed to last decades. If you want a finish to last that long you pony up the coin and paint it.
Fair point. And with flat panels it should be easy to do yourself! I suck at applying vinyl

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Color options - body wraps iu

The more I think about this, the more I want to go long on something creative.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
iu.png

The more I think about this, the more I want to go long on something creative.
????
Holy shit, the possibilities!!! This hadn't even crossed my mind! You're a genius!

Not stainless, but...
Tesla Cybertruck Color options - body wraps type6_foreq.0.0

This one might be difficult
Tesla Cybertruck Color options - body wraps RazorCrest-TSWB
Sponsored