Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
future tri
Occupation
shop teacher
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Anyone out there care to join in to design a camper for the Cybertruck? This is the start of collaboration from the ground up for a truck mounted camper. Together we can come up with a cool workable design that's ready when the Ct comes out.

Respond if you want to participate.
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Im up for helping out, I might add 1 in my CT if cheap enough

I was thinking something like this. didnt do any measuring or anything, but i would REALLY like to stand up in it so it would probably have to be higher. and keep use of the side sails.

Tesla Cybertruck Crowdsource camper design for Cybertruck CTwithcamper1

Tesla Cybertruck Crowdsource camper design for Cybertruck Ctcamperfront1

Last edited:

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I really love the simple camper design that is on the Cybertruck page on Tesla. It gives a lot of room for sleeping, you have a small area to prepare food and cook, and depending on the materials, it could be easily folded up and put in the storage under the bed.

I've seen some designs of a mounted camper on the back of the tesla that a lot of people seem to like, but the Cybertruck looks a lot better without it and the designs that are out there would take up a lot of space in a garage. You would basically need a separate shed big enough to store it.

I'm not sure what sort of Camper you have in mind, but I hope it allows people to go to and from their camping destination in the style of the amazing Cybertruck.

OP
OP

Cyberhip

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
future tri
Occupation
shop teacher
Country flag
welcome aboard.. first we have to think about how best to begin to communicate our ideas.. thoughts anyone?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
welcome aboard.. first we have to think about how best to begin to communicate our ideas.. thoughts anyone?
Agreed. Uh spitball and see who agrees? I was assuming u ment a hard camper that stays in for a weekend and can be taken out on stands

PETE1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cynertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
One of the things I thought about most with a Bed Shell and a possible Pass Through option and camping out. How much avg. mileage would be depleted from Battery running the AC very low for 8-10 hours overnight to cut on the Texas humidity. And I would really like an option on a single motor to get a extended battery.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
One of the things I thought about most with a Bed Shell and a possible Pass Through option and camping out. How much avg. mileage would be depleted from Battery running the AC very low for 8-10 hours overnight to cut on the Texas humidity. And I would really like an option on a single motor to get a extended battery.
I've seen people make videos where they slept overnight in a Tesla with the AC on and i think they lost around 10-15% battery. obviously this will depend on how insulated the steel is, whether you are cooling down everything or just the cab, the temerature you want and outside. Overall it seems pretty efficient for cooling, and with such a big battery, you'll use a smaller percent.

One thing I would love to see as an option is camper mode select climate control. If i'm sleeping in the vault without any pass-through open, I wouldn't want to be wasting energy to keep the cab cool. Although that might be difficult, personally i wouldn't want vents in the bed of my truck.

Woo

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck reserved and two ICE vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Would think a solar panel option would be an interesting add. If we're adding surface area to the top, then....

lam@cocf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Occupation
stagehand, medical retirement
Country flag
With more surface area why not include solar panels and add a battery(s) for the camper functions. No need to 'steal' from the trucks capacity, that seems like a bad idea.

I'd like to be able to stand in at least one spot but I also get that a 'loft' for sleeping is likely best use of space.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With more surface area why not include solar panels and add a battery(s) for the camper functions. No need to 'steal' from the trucks capacity, that seems like a bad idea.

I'd like to be able to stand in at least one spot but I also get that a 'loft' for sleeping is likely best use of space.
adding another solar charged lithium battery would be easy for the camper. I think I agree about not using the trucks battery, but also its so large and the things u will be using wont drain it THAT much

I was thinking that behind where the point apex's is probably a good spot for the loft area. glass bottom, would be able to look into the cab

lam@cocf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Occupation
stagehand, medical retirement
Country flag
adding another solar charged lithium battery would be easy for the camper. I think I agree about not using the trucks battery, but also its so large and the things u will be using wont drain it THAT much

I was thinking that behind where the point apex's is probably a good spot for the loft area. glass bottom, would be able to look into the cab
I'm probably thinking larger space/more electrical use. It won't just be for week ends away. There's going to be some satellite internet and refrigeration/cooking going on.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm probably thinking larger space/more electrical use. It won't just be for week ends away. There's going to be some satellite internet and refrigeration/cooking going on.
I see,
I did the truck/van living thing for a bit out of my toyota pickup. I think a propane tank would be better for the cooking stuff, as its cheap and lasts quite a while. and the fridge actually dosnt use that much energy (at least the small ones designed for rv's. dometic is the popular one i think) I had a small one that my one solar panel (300w) and 2, 100 amp hour (12v) batteries.. I think that equates to 2.5kw/h... the tesla battery is like 100kw/h

I was able to watch tv/ use laptop with internet for a couple hours as well as keep the fridge powered, never had any problems.

so adding that little setup, solar panel, 2 batteries would be super cheap so probably worth not using up the trucks battery

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A 100ah 12v battery is 12v*100a=1.2kwh (@1a draw... less at high amperage draws).

300w solar is 300w only at peak, you get less than that most of the day. So that would say, fill a 100ah battery on an average day. But you want to have more storage than that for the good days or days you use less.

I don't know what I'm adding here, just thinking out loud. I'm charging a laptop, two ipads, two phones, and other battery packs with 140 watts of solar on a single 100ah battery and the battery is barely getting used.

Using the truck's battery saves weight and bulk, and has the potential to turn daylight hours into miles.

-Crissa

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A 100ah 12v battery is 12v*100a=1.2kwh (@1a draw... less at high amperage draws).

300w solar is 300w only at peak, you get less than that most of the day. So that would say, fill a 100ah battery on an average day. But you want to have more storage than that for the good days or days you use less.

I don't know what I'm adding here, just thinking out loud. I'm charging a laptop, two ipads, two phones, and other battery packs with 140 watts of solar on a single 100ah battery and the battery is barely getting used.

Using the truck's battery saves weight and bulk, and has the potential to turn daylight hours into miles.

-Crissa
ya, it was awhile ago so I dont really remember the deets, but I think I was technically ok with the single 100ah battery. but wanted more, for a buffer.
We gotta hope they will make it easy to connect external solar panels, hopefully they dont go like Apple and make only their specific panels able to connect. If so im not even buying the truck, I cant stand companies saying you HAVE to buy my product.

BTW hows your place? the fires still goin?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My neighborhood's hill has become one of the last battlegrounds. On one hand, I'm glad it didn't get into the towns. On the other, it's nerve wracking to wait for it to be over.

The weather has calmed and the firestorm abated over the weekend, and the storms that threatened dropped more rain than lightning, and the winds spun around the mountains and pushed the fire into itself. But the last two days the flow was more 'normal' and started pushing the fire towards my hill again so...

But no houses listed as burned in my street. Looks like they saved far more than were lost.

-Crissa
Sponsored