JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Has anyone been able to get an insurance quote aside from Tesla Auto Insurance? (Is it too soon to ask?)
Sponsored

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
I was thinking about this today. Will not ever buy insurance past liability. Hail damage isn't possible, which is the biggest reason for full coverage imo.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I was thinking about this today. Will not ever buy insurance past liability. Hail damage isn't possible, which is the biggest reason for full coverage imo.
But for those financing, I thought the bank/credit_union, required full coverage to cover the the loan.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Example I saw today:

I thought I would share my insurance quote from USAA for my hypothetical $80,000 2 motor CT. I am retired over 10 years ago, clean record, live on coast south of SF, and have 2 other cars insured.
The six month $500 deductible premium for my Boxster driven 1000 miles per year is $287.87 and with the same deductible for my hoped for 2024 CT at 5000 miles per year .... premium will be $556.63.
So, in my particular situation as a retired guy with a clean record that has no commute anymore ... my CT insurance will cost 93 bucks a month. Will let you know what sort of quote I get from Tesla' own insurance when the time comes. BTW ... today's USAA insurance quote for the 3 motor is exactly the same as for the 2 motor.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Thank you for sharing. I didn’t know that.
If you are only looking to get an estimate this works great. I've done it on a few cars in the past. (2016 Sig Tesla Model X as an example). They just need to find it in their database.
Sponsored