16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
ABRP:
We recently detected an issue with the Cybertruck models, which limited charging in plans. We've made corrections to the models, and you should now see accurate results.
I was doing a *bunch* of testing with CT AWD Dual with and without the Range Extender. The charging results (start & end SOCs) didn't make any sense to me.

I reported the problem with an example (use case via @cvalue13) and ABRP/they got back to me today that they fixed it.
"It took a bit of investigation, but we've found the issue and corrected it. Thank you for reporting!"
BOTTOM LINE:
if you have tried A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] browser website with CT but were confused by the results you may want to try it again. (Android phone app, Apple iOS phone app)

ASIDE: options I like to start with for my own planning
Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models uYKukac

Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models sh0818h
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Ah nice, was getting some "unable to complete route" errors on there.
Working much better now, especially for longer routes, over 600 miles.
Thanks for the heads up.
Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models zimage7194

Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models zimage7193

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
ABRP:

I was doing a *bunch* of testing with CT AWD Dual with and without the Range Extender. The charging results (start & end SOCs) didn't make any sense to me. I reported the problem with an example (use case via @cvalue13) and they got back to me today that they fixed it. ("It took a bit of investigation, but we've found the issue and corrected it. Thank you for reporting!")

BOTTOM LINE: if you have tried A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] with CT but were confused by the results you may want to try it again.
nice work

Who was it asking why nerds are taking time to scrounge this stuff out now because if you’re just patient one day it will make more sense?

if you’re “just patient and one day it makes sense,” it’s because meanwhile the nerds have been taking time to scrounge this stuff

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
nice work

Who was it asking why nerds are taking time to scrounge this stuff out now because if you’re just patient one day it will make more sense?

if you’re “just patient and one day it makes sense,” it’s because meanwhile the nerds have been taking time to scrounge this stuff
I like that, if it is yours it is a good one!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I like that, if it is yours it is a good one!
I’m sure someone’s said it better

(and a nerd will be along soon to cite it)

OP
OP
scottf200

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
From the other thread. To get there click on the up arrow in the circle next to "susu2142 said:"
Trip A:
From south bay to Lake Berryessa to Sacramento. Stopped by the supercharger at Davis for some battery juice. 70% highway, 30% county roads with some twisties. 440 Wh/mi.

Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models 1705290660114-

Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models 1705290703058-
@susu2142 - nice job and thanks for taking the time to share.

@Anyone - I did a rough simulation of that using the updated ABRP (other thread) just throwing in the names from the map and the stop at Davis for a few minutes. I came pretty close with ABRP to his Wh/mi.
Distance: Him-174; Me-161
Wh/mi: Him-440; Me-445

Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models 1siIano

Options I used - in case someone wants to duplicate and play with their own options.

FYI, I used 65 mph related to "70% highway, 30% county roads" *** ~71MPH (65 * 109%)
FYI, I set my current Tesla to 9% over in the settings for relative speed to the speed limit signs.
Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models 97ODHa4

Last edited:
OP
OP
scottf200

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
From the other thread. To get there click on the up arrow in the circle next to "susu2142 said:"
Trip B:
Sacramento back to the bay area on I5/I580. All highway, tried to keep the speed around 75-80mph, but got caught in some light traffic. 419 Wh/mi.

Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models 1705291043660-

Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models 1705291103903-
@susu2142 - nice job and again thanks for taking the time to share.

@Anyone - I did a rough simulation of that using the updated ABRP (other thread) just throwing in the names from the map and the stop at Stockton for a minute as it triggers distance stats in the table. I came pretty close with ABRP to his Wh/mi.
Distance: Him-106; Me-112
Wh/mi: Him-419; Me-419

Re: tried to keep the speed around 75-80mph, but got caught in some light traffic
I could only get ~419 by going a speed of ~60 (55 mph * 109%).
FYI, I set my current Tesla to 9% over in the settings for relative speed to the speed limit signs.

Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models CQMXush

Re: tried to keep the speed around 75-80mph, but got caught in some light traffic
I could only get ~419 by going a speed of ~60 (55 mph * 109%).
Tesla Cybertruck 16Jan2024: A Better Routeplanner [ABRP] made corrections to their CT models SXmTWPV
Sponsored

Last edited: