Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
This is probably not what everyone wants, but my current vehicle is a Toyota Sienna which has what seems like 50 cup holders. In fact within 12 inches of the drivers seat there are at least 6. Since I’m carrying around kids, these actually become useful in many ways and I’ve found that cup holders are actually becoming a receptacle interface for a variety of car tools.

Last I looked at some Tesla’s though I didn’t see any cup holders. Do Tesla’s not have any? Are they just concealed in some cool newfangled way? Or are Tesla owners supposed to got drink free?

I don’t really need quite as many as my Toyota has, but some at least would be nice. Any predictions on how many will be in a CT? I don’t think I saw any in the prototype.
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I have Noticed that teslas tend to have that minimalist thing, but personally I like alot of pockets, drawers, cup holders, places to put things. But I doubt we will get that. Perhaps aftermarket might be a thing.
Hopefully there is at least. Couple locking compartments other than the side wing storage (whatever that's called)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Last I looked at some Tesla’s though I didn’t see any cup holders. Do Tesla’s not have any? Are they just concealed in some cool newfangled way? Or are Tesla owners supposed to got drink free?
They didn't have them at first, but they do now. Hidden in the configurable consoles. I assume the Cybertruck will do stuff like that.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-has-finally-solved-the-biggest-problem-with-its-cars-2016-2

I've never bought a car for cupholders. My current car only has two front, two rear. They're not big enough for the smallest Big Gulp. (And then a slot in each door that can't hold a cup, but can hold a soda can...)

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I hope they don't put the cup holder only in the center console. My 04 Tacoma has that and if I buy fast food I put the cup there and my dog pokes his head right above it and drools on it while I eat.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is probably not what everyone wants, but my current vehicle is a Toyota Sienna which has what seems like 50 cup holders. In fact within 12 inches of the drivers seat there are at least 6. Since I’m carrying around kids, these actually become useful in many ways and I’ve found that cup holders are actually becoming a receptacle interface for a variety of car tools.

I don’t really need quite as many as my Toyota has, but some at least would be nice. Any predictions on how many will be in a CT? I don’t think I saw any in the prototype.
As in the sienna,,, we need a lot of spaces and pocket...111

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If a vehicle doesnt have a cup holder that can hold a 40 its off the list!
I have NOT bought a car due to cupholders. The Pontiac Solstice was a cool vehicle and I wanted one. I was at the show room and ready to buy it and did the test drive. The engineers put the cupholders where your elbow would be while driving. So every time you wanted a drink you would have to twist your arm to perpendicular and behind you to grab your cup. Not very safe while driving. I ditched the Solstice.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
But I think I can just put the cup on the dash to get it out of the way of his lust for fries.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

In my wife’s Model 3 there are 2 in the center console and there are pseudo holders in the doors. Same in the back. So there are 8. I imagine the CT having at least as many.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Cybertruck will only have 2 in the front, but they're on the back of the jumper seat. Oddly enough it's the exact setup my f350 has.

I have no idea about the backseat. Anyone got any intel in that?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I hope they don't put the cup holder only in the center console. My 04 Tacoma has that and if I buy fast food I put the cup there and my dog pokes his head right above it and drools on it while I eat.
Duct tape? :p

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Cybertruck will only have 2 in the front, but they're on the back of the jumper seat. Oddly enough it's the exact setup my f350 has.

I have no idea about the backseat. Anyone got any intel in that?
I’ve never sat in the back seat of my CT so I don’t know if there are cup holders. Let me go check............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................DAMN!!!! ? ? ? It’s missing, someone stole my new CT! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

AH what was the question? ???

I’m a bit groggy, just woke up from a bad dream. ?????