Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius V5, 1948 Bus, Mercedes SL500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the two Mercedes I had, the SLK 230 and the SL 500 had two cup holders in the middle, on the dash, they folded out with applying just a touch of pressure, these were always very useful. I like that image of Cybertruck having 3 embedded in the fold down center seat.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I put a napkin over the cup so it's a little less gross but I suppose I could duct tape his mouth shut.
Sorry, the sheet metal worker in me came out. :oops:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Cybertruck will only have 2 in the front, but they're on the back of the jumper seat. Oddly enough it's the exact setup my f350 has.

I have no idea about the backseat. Anyone got any intel in that?
someone said they saw 3 in the front from the unveiling. I would expect 3 with 3 seats, and the same in the back. As I mentioned earlier, my wife's Model 3 has what I would call 'effective' cup holders in the door wells. I personally like having a cup holder above and to the left of the steering wheel but I'll take what I can get.

2Futre4u

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor LR 2019 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Trailboss 1994 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
Country flag
Our Model 3 has 6 cupholders, more than enough for me.

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
better have 'em, i know when i'm hungover and hit mickey d's for my sausage egg and cheese biscuit, i need a place for my large diet coke!

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Remember...the CT does not have a center console. Where that would be is a fold down seat....that adds another wrinkle to where cup holders might be. yes it did have them when the seat was down (like in the demo) but what if it is not down?

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Remember...the CT does not have a center console. Where that would be is a fold down seat....that adds another wrinkle to where cup holders might be. yes it did have them when the seat was down (like in the demo) but what if it is not down?
If the seat is not down you still get 3 cup holders. The person in that seat puts one cup between their knees and one in each hand. LOL

Silentjustice

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
This is probably not what everyone wants, but my current vehicle is a Toyota Sienna which has what seems like 50 cup holders. In fact within 12 inches of the drivers seat there are at least 6. Since I’m carrying around kids, these actually become useful in many ways and I’ve found that cup holders are actually becoming a receptacle interface for a variety of car tools.

Last I looked at some Tesla’s though I didn’t see any cup holders. Do Tesla’s not have any? Are they just concealed in some cool newfangled way? Or are Tesla owners supposed to got drink free?

I don’t really need quite as many as my Toyota has, but some at least would be nice. Any predictions on how many will be in a CT? I don’t think I saw any in the prototype.
I agree, LOTS of compartments and cup holders will be required for work trucks. My 2006 Sequoia has a bunch and I use them all for organizing parts and holding tools you need to get to quickly. Hope this isn’t overlooked.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
I remember all of my dad's vehicle's from 60-70's had no cup holders and that phrase that came with your drink" don't spill you drink hold on to it' honestly I am glad car makers have heard or experienced the problem of soda cans or coffee cups riding along with occupants, we all need to be refreshed. My dad never drove the miles or hours I do, maybe that generation made shorter trips. When my family was young I drove my dodge 4 door pulling a 5th wheel for 12-18 hr days. A large coffee and two bottles of water plus snacks close at hand. I drive a 6 speed and cup holders are a must. I expect cup holders in practical places.
If drink holders were an option on all new cars, I wonder how many vehicles would be sold without?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
1997 Tahoe perfected the cupholder. it disappears into the dash when not in-use - pulls out providing a solid out- of-the-way cup holder at your figertips.

I would MOD myCT with same solution if it came with factory console cups.

Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
The only thing I am sure about cup holders, they are gonna be either pentagon, hexagon or octagon shape...
Tesla is so inventive!..
We should inspect closely the roof. It may end up with hands free coffee drinking.

mattcatt

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-3, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Last edited:

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I agree, LOTS of compartments and cup holders will be required for work trucks. My 2006 Sequoia has a bunch and I use them all for organizing parts and holding tools you need to get to quickly. Hope this isn’t overlooked.
Another option would be to put all those parts in the sail storage areas or even in the compartment under the bed. Just a suggestion.
Sponsored