Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, I'm thinking about using it for a 24/365 residence so 'bear' was a euphemism for something on two legs.
There are more of those around. So even if the likelihood was even less per individual, it's higher in total, alas.

Still, lots of the surf-shacks use cloth in their upper. Just keep stiff panels lower.

-Crissa

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Any1 happen to have a precise cad model of the CT?

joeguy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Country flag
This is the best option I have seen someone make for the Cybertruck camper. It could be attached easily to the roof mounts for roof rack systems. The tunnel cover can still be there and aerodynamics will still be good, and with not much extra weight either.
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1603200741865

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Joe, modify the tailgate to accept attachment for the soft screen closure then you’d feel more “tent” like than canopy.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
This is the best option I have seen someone make for the Cybertruck camper. It could be attached easily to the roof mounts for roof rack systems. The tunnel cover can still be there and aerodynamics will still be good, and with not much extra weight either.
And make it easy to install/remove!

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
Seems like a pop up camper attachment stored inside the vault makes the most sense. Then, aerodynamics would not be altered during drive, as well as more space in the actual camping attachment for the camping experience.
Most of the pop-up truck campers I have seen have a partial size door, so you would need to duck to get inside the camper. I really don't want to duck to pass through the doorway. When I was in the market for a truck camper I showed my wife some models with a half door and she said no way was that going to work for her and today I am so happy she said no. I know many folks don't mind it and it's a great way to save on energy. If someone came out with a pop-up with a full size door it would be great for my overnights camping/fishing trips.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I would think something like these guys would work; they use solid pop-up sides instead of canvas. Worked great at Burning Man, compared to other small trailers.

https://aliner.com

-Crissa
That thing is cool! Way better than normal canvas pop up.

cybercamper

First Name
Juliana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Student
Country flag
1603200741865.jpeg
Garageability is one of our top requirements. If you live in a nice neighborhood, they explicitly prohibit parking your camper in the driveway. Tiger Motorhomes long dominated this niche, but haven't made the Tiger GT since about '06
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1605292409115

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
HOAs are such a weird thing. I have seen it used for people to powertrip and I have seen it used to just help keep the road through the neighborhood plowed.

I have managed to avoid them and plan to do so in the future.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
1603200741865.jpeg
I like this as much as anything I've seen. What is sad, is people are just making things that are angular, and not giving thought to the coefficient of drag, or style behind the CyberTruck. For a cap to be great, it should follow the lines of the CyberTruck and be roomy enough for whatever purpose the cap is for. To stand up in? To sit up comfortably? To lay down to sleep?

If this is simply an extension of the truck bed, then I like it. If it's meant to be a clamshell tent, then it might miss the point. The slope on the rails is much too much for sleeping comfortably. And, the dynamic air suspension will do everything in it's power to ensure that angle, every time you park. Hah! peace